Finally picked up my 2013 Leftover

thessler3_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I have been recovering from injuries sustained last September when I was run off the road by a car driver and got six broken ribs and some other injuries. I delayed my purchase until last week and I ended up getting a great deal on a leftover, new 2013 by bidding on EBAY. The price - $7877 out the door, plus tax. I had to drive 200 miles to pick it up, but saved about $1000 over local dealers. Dealer is Track & Trail in State College, PA and I think they have one more left at $8300 "Buy it Now" price.
 
Congrats on your new bike!! Great Price too :)
 
Yep. Well done thessler3. Great news. Hope you've fully recovered and the car driver is not sleeping well.
 
Welcome ...and perfect chance for me to ask if you will do anything different now, after your accident, possibly more or better gear, ride slower, different style, etc. just curious, may as well learn from those who know?
I've had two accidents in my life, which have made me more cautious.
1. going too fast in a corner, went wide into sand, slid down the road
2. car pulled in front of me going through intersection

Thanks
 
Did the car driver who ran you off the road get his comeuppance? His just desserts? His payback?

Motorcycling would be a lot more fun if there weren't all those stupid cars and trucks cluttering up the roadways.
 
Congrats on the new bike :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I've only had my '14 for a month and know the thrill of getting a new bike.
I'm surprised that there are leftovers still around.
But we get so few in Canada that they go like hotcakes.
Different markets and different volumes I guess.
 
I just hope that the leftover situation won't cause Honda to discontinue the model after a couple of years.
Did I read that they are no longer being imported into Australia?
 
My local dealer still has a '13 non-ABS left. I don't think they're too worried about getting rid of it. They're still listing it for $9400 and it's sitting next to a '14 Black Std with a price tag of $10,200 + freight. They sold the last '13 ABS model about a month ago.

Talking to the sales manager, he said they sold about 15 of the '13 models. Not bad for a niche bike.
 
That's a high dollar dealer. I paid $10,200 for my deluxe plus just tax. I can't believe some dealers still charge freight , prep , dock fee etc lol. That's a joke. Most good dealers have the price on it and add nothing to it. But sales tax
 
Back
Top