Finally found and purchased 2014 Deluxe!!

Rollie Bruner_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
I have belonged to the forum for a while. Kept looking for a Pristine 2014 Deluxe. Finally found one that is showroom spotless with 2700 miles! Very happy that I was patient and finally found what I really wanted! The only thing I will probably do right away is install a windshield .i plan on some long distance riding so wind protection is crucial. Any recommendations would be very helpful.
 
Congrats on your DLX! Patience is a virtue.

If you've read these pages for a while, you'll know that many owners find the seat unacceptable for more than a few hours. Ride the bike and see what you think, but you may want to save for a custom seat (or just an Airhawk) if you intend to do much LD riding on the CB. Personally, I have no problem with it, but the CB probably wouldn't be my first choice for a comfortable 1000/24.
 
Thread starter
LongRanger_imp said:
Congrats on your DLX! Patience is a virtue.

If you've read these pages for a while, you'll know that many owners find the seat unacceptable for more than a few hours. Ride the bike and see what you think, but you may want to save for a custom seat (or just an Airhawk) if you intend to do much LD riding on the CB. Personally, I have no problem with it, but the CB probably wouldn't be my first choice for a comfortable 1000/24.
I'm thinking after finding the proper windshield I will address the seat next if needed. I realize the CB 1100 is not your ideal long distance tourer. Riding Route 66 east to west 200 to 250 miles per day should be doable without a lot of discomfort after windshield and seat change.
 
Yes, agreed. The CB will be perfect for what you're describing. 200 miles will just about drain your gas tank, so it'll be time to get off the bike then anyway. I thought you were implying 600-1000 mile days.

Regardless, congrats again on your DLX. Pics please!
 
I looked for a 2014 Deluxe for three years as well. But they were either too expensive to import or too far away to look at. Fortunately the 2017 CB1100 EX is now available in Canada, so I bought one. Not as pretty as the Deluxe, but close enough.

Lots of information on windscreens on this forum. But the most crucial piece of information is, how tall are you?

The Comet fairings are pretty, but because I am 6'2" tall I didn't feel it would be adequate to stop the barrage of bugs I experience on my day long rides. The wind blast is also tiring after hours of riding.

I bought a 22 inch tall Parabellum wind screen that I will pick up tomorrow. The height may sound like overkill, but I really wanted a windscreen that will push the wind blast over my open face helmet. Unfortunately there is lots of rain in the forecast, so I may have to wait a while to try it.
 
Rollie Bruner_imp said:
The last three numbers in my vin is 187. Does that mean it was the 187th DLX built?
That's a sensible assumption, I think.
 
Congrats Rollie!

Another windshield choice is the National City Streetshield EX.

Here are a couple of not the greatest pics: Need Touring accessories

CB 1100 Mods/pics

I have one for cool weather riding. Easy initial mounting, then fast easy on or off if you leave the mounting clamps. I do when I take it off and mount the Road Comet in the Spring.

Just one option, there are others.
 
Congratulations "The few, the proud, the DLX owners"
 
I think the 22" high would be better than the Street Shield EX which isn't high enough to put you in a pocket of still air. Anything between 10 and 22" above the ignition, doesn't seem smooth judging by members experiences.
 
Congrats on the new-to-you bike! I'm up the road a piece in Northern Kentucky near the 75/71 split.

Haven't taken the CB1100 plunge at this point but it's on my bucket list (behind an all-season heated/cooled, motorcycle-only garage that is going up this summer).

Do you mind sharing how you found it, how far you went to get it, and sale price? Just interesting to capture current market value from a recent (and infrequent) DLX sale.
 
I like the Street Shield EX for warm weather but use the Nat. Cycle PS-2 for winter. It extends over the hand grips and is quieter than the EX.
 
Thread starter
Stichill_imp said:
Congrats on the new-to-you bike! I'm up the road a piece in Northern Kentucky near the 75/71 split.

Haven't taken the CB1100 plunge at this point but it's on my bucket list (behind an all-season heated/cooled, motorcycle-only garage that is going up this summer).

Do you mind sharing how you found it, how far you went to get it, and sale price? Just interesting to capture current market value from a recent (and infrequent) DLX sale.
I've been looking for a very long time for a unmolested garage kept low mileage Deluxe! Every one I found (3in the last year). Was eather to far away, wayover priced or had changes that ruined the originality of the bike. Doing my usual nationwide scan ever couple days as usual last Thursday evening . I was shocked to see a dealer 80 miles away had taken one in on trade. Asking price was $8000.00 +tax,title etc. I wrote a check for $7800.00 out the door! Like new, garage kept unmolested with 2700 miles. I have been out in the garage polishing this morning. I absolutely love this bike! After getting off of my 2012 Harley Road king with clunky transmission and rattling rockers. It as smooth as a space ship!
 
There is a DLX for sale on Craig's list here in San Antonio, for those looking.

I have no connection to seller just reporting for those interested.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
 
Back
Top