ferret down

Dang, ferret. Sobering what a difference 1 second of time can make. T minus 0.5 sec, all is well. T plus 0.5 sec, bike is horizontal and rider is banged up.

Motorcycles are designed to survive being tipped over because...motorcycles tip over. They are inherently unstable unless the wheels are generating gyroscopic stability. Toss in a poor surface, a heavy bike, and iffy footing...recipe for trouble. The Virginia tech motorcycle safety study found that half of all "crashes" that occurred during the study were low-speed drops. It's a lot more common that we riders as a group care to admit.

At least you rode home in nice weather! I've been enjoying the crisp, clear fall weather preview over the last few days here in the Ohio Valley.

Wishing you a full and speedy recovery!
 
Thread starter
how about some pics

saddlebag
042f8ccb56bad98672af425d90ca27bb.jpg


bar end
5769bb941f4dfe00d34768c6422ec8b2.jpg


fairing 1
cdd42f6cb94afd1a10544de277e5083a.jpg


fairing 2
d2f096561b9691143d9c7e7e775d4313.jpg


muffler
dd0e388cf284435a95da1962e93124d2.jpg


mirror
6c1e4c56db6032e17dc88612b160fc6d.jpg


proper emergency room attire lol (notice Yamaha blue sling lol)
779d78da8ad5e5348fb7e306e29c835e.jpg
 
There is a school of thought that says the first scratch is the worst. After that they don't matter quite so much. :D
 
Thread starter
lol i told my wife I was thinking about dropping it on the left side so I didn't have to worry about it lol

i want to leave it as is, she wants it all pretty again wiih new parts
 
Sorry to hear about your accident...get well soon.

Heal up fast so that you can maintain your lead in the mileage calculator!
 
The ferret_imp said:
lol i told my wife I was thinking about dropping it on the left side so I didn't have to worry about it lol

i want to leave it as is, she wants it all pretty again wiih new parts
Erasing the scars is almost tantamount to erasing history. You don’t forget where each one came from. I’ve collected a few, albeit minor, on my bike in the nearly 10 months I’ve owned it and I don’t feel compelled to reverse any of them. Beauty is more than fairing deep.

Great to see you on your feet and smiling.
 
Sorry to hear this ferret. Offline for a couple days and see you and dubs are in a bad way. Prayers for a speedy recovery.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
mhicks17_imp said:
Sorry to hear this ferret. Offline for a couple days and see you and dubs are in a bad way. Prayers for a speedy recovery.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea I am much better off than dubs from the reports. I'm a liitle worried about him.
 
I’m with your wife Ferret. I’d want all new parts and my insurance to pay for it. You remember when I slightly messed up my gas tank. A replacement was installed soon after :)
 
Thread starter
goofy me. i slept in a recliner last night, Had a great night sleep for a change, until i woke up and could hardly walk. apparently you are supposed to put support under your knees. i didn't and managed to stretch the ligaments in the back of both knees. who knew? how long does that take to heal? man. im a wreck lol
 
Hoping everything comes together for you fast Mr. Ferret, it does take a wee bit longer at our age. Not that we're old, just experienced.
 
The ferret_imp said:
goofy me. i slept in a recliner last night, Had a great night sleep for a change, until i woke up and could hardly walk. apparently you are supposed to put support under your knees. i didn't and managed to stretch the ligaments in the back of both knees. who knew? how long does that take to heal? man. im a wreck lol
Ferret,
You will heal, but at our age recovery comes slower.
Don't even store this: "im a wreck" in your memory :exclamation:
Keep up good spirits :thumbsup:
 
I've always thought I need one of these infinite position chairs to sleep in

Here is it a not very quality video but it does show what infinite position chair does especially like the third one where the leg is totally independent of the back

That way you could adjust only your knees just like you're in the hospital bed or one of those $5,000 beds.

The main advantage being that it will stand you up if you have knee or hip or back problems.

Does anyone have one of these and can recommend a specific brand?


Actually ferret here is a higher quality looking one in Columbus. But I'm not sure the feet are totally independent.

https://www.spinlife.com/Golden-Tec...-Position-Lift-Chair/spec.cfm?productID=95830

Now I just need to figure out a way to get insurance to pay for one LOL
 
The ferret_imp said:
goofy me. i slept in a recliner last night, Had a great night sleep for a change, until i woke up and could hardly walk. apparently you are supposed to put support under your knees. i didn't and managed to stretch the ligaments in the back of both knees. who knew? how long does that take to heal? man. im a wreck lol
the gift that keeps on giving.
you need some grand kids to stay over for a while to keep you moving :thumbsup:
 
I was too spooked to ride yesterday, but today I wheeled out the CB and rode a very scenic, curvy, 215-mile loop in ferret's honor. These are the same roads ferret, offroadfx4 and I enjoyed last summer, except today I threaded the best segments together into one fabulous loop. Some of the highlights included CO67 (Deckers), Park County Road 77 (Tarryall), Guanella Pass, and Echo Lake / Squaw Pass. Deals Gap has nothing on these roads!

Along the way, I stopped for breakfast at one of my favorite diners in Woodland Park, CO. Normally the place is crawling with motorcycles, but today there was only one other bike in the parking lot. I pulled up and parked my CB next to it. What was the other bike? A blue FJR. Very weird. I wanted to snap a photo but he was already gone by the time I left. But across the parking lot, I spied the back of a white Suzuki with four small exhausts poking out from beneath the rear fairing and just above the swingarm. It could only mean one thing: RG500 Gamma. Yep. This is the first Gamma I've seen in over twenty years. I was surprised to see it had a mph-speedometer, not a km/h-speedometer.

Anyway, here's today's route if anyone is interested. I'm calling it Ferret's Flyway, in his honor. Get well, brother!

346e3dcb3479da62580f10e8aec7fe30.jpg
 
Thread starter
That' awesome LR. I remember Terryall well, great road and the road I felt offroad really came into his own on. Close my eyes and I can see those high speed sweepers with the great views thru the turns. Ended at a real estate place place with wooden bears on their sign if I remember correctly.

Im honored LR, thanks.
 
Back
Top