Fender Eliminator that isnt $275

Thread starter
gbpack89_imp said:
c-breezy_imp said:
That looks fantastic gbpack89! So does the seat!
Thanks! Now to great rid of those big turn signals

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
Thanks! Now to great rid of those big turn signals

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

ok changed my mine,

riding to wherever you are so we can do that to mine.
 
Thread starter
hah. I'm in milwaukee, i was just messing around I am going to eliminate my fender still, just need to find the time to shear, bend, and punch the holes in the SS i have for it.
 
0011bc_imp said:
hah. I'm in milwaukee, i was just messing around I am going to eliminate my fender still, just need to find the time to shear, bend, and punch the holes in the SS i have for it.
Hey look at that, not many CB1100s in our state. Hurry up with that bracket, its going to be a beautiful weekend!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
yea i might get it done today at work, if i can find time, I also have an oil change and exhaust to install this weekend.
 
kmoney_imp said:
mn1100_imp said:
Hi,I just bought my 2014 cb1100.decided to change few things.one of those were turn signals.replaced with different signals but not LED.now is flashing too fast.can anybody tell me where the relay would be located and what type do i need to replace it with.thanks.
It is next to the ECU under the tank.

This is the flasher relay you need (you can also but it from webbike direct, or Samurider).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/162032451620?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
It is next to the ECU under the tank.

This is the flasher relay you need (you can also but it from webbike direct, or Samurider).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/162032451620?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT Does anyone know of anyone wiring in a resistor instead of going the $92 flasher route?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
 
It's possible, but the problem is that I think you have to put them on all 4 bulbs. As our front turn signals double as running lights, the front two resistors are always working and get too hot -- that's what I found anyway. I never coughed up the money for that relay either; I just live with the hyper flashing.
 
I put two smaller incandescent bulbs in the rear. Might do the front too and get rid of the running lights yet. Anyway I was thinking one 6 ohm resistor on the power out of the flasher should be enough. I can't imagine it being more than a two ohm difference from the oem bulbs to the 97ll I installed

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
 
gbpack89_imp said:
c-breezy_imp said:
I like it! Can't wait to see the finished product!
801f46b44026bf76daadf7499b094ed6.jpg
9a6bf2acb5bfcf49126c10eeba65dd40.jpg


Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
a9f24f25951e5562538f7910fd3ecdcd.jpg
517a5ab370d44c7ada0ce1aded798476.jpg


Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Looks incredible. What seat is this?
 
gbpack89,

Did you get it reupholstered with leather or vinyl? I'm thinking of doing the same thing, how much did that run you?
 
iamheero_imp said:
gbpack89,

Did you get it reupholstered with leather or vinyl? I'm thinking of doing the same thing, how much did that run you?
Vinyl, its more forgiving and less upkeep then leather. The guy changed me $160 for it. Pretty solid deal in my opinion!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
 
Its fairly loud but with the cat in its not obnoxious. On a scale of stock=1 to avg Harley=10 I would say it's a 6

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
 
Hmmmmm, good to know! I want something new but don't want to pay for a staintune. Thinking about a slip on from cyclex


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
gbpack89_imp said:
iamheero_imp said:
gbpack89,

Did you get it reupholstered with leather or vinyl? I'm thinking of doing the same thing, how much did that run you?
Vinyl, its more forgiving and less upkeep then leather. The guy changed me $160 for it. Pretty solid deal in my opinion!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
Wow, that does sound like a good deal! Good to know, hopefully the local shops will charge something similar.
gbpack89_imp said:
Its fairly loud but with the cat in its not obnoxious. On a scale of stock=1 to avg Harley=10 I would say it's a 6

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
Do you think you could post a vid sometime?
 
Back
Top