Buzzard Biker_imp
First service completed
Thread starter
Hi all,
One of the first things I want to do when I have my 2013 CB1100 delivered is to change the chrome fenders and tail light cover.
I know I can buy/import a kit from samurider but that would be at about £320 plus shipping.
I am thinking of alternatives and wanted to ask what other owners have done with their bikes.
The alternatives are:
Remove the parts and vinyl wrap them in gloss black, which would be quite difficult to do unless a pro did that. Then that negates some of the cost saving. Benefit is that if a future owner or myself want to return to chrome, the vinyl will peel off.
Or paint them which means a permanent colour change and would rely on my paint skills or the expense of a pro doing it.
Ideally I want the cheapest but also the easiest option.
Cheers
One of the first things I want to do when I have my 2013 CB1100 delivered is to change the chrome fenders and tail light cover.
I know I can buy/import a kit from samurider but that would be at about £320 plus shipping.
I am thinking of alternatives and wanted to ask what other owners have done with their bikes.
The alternatives are:
Remove the parts and vinyl wrap them in gloss black, which would be quite difficult to do unless a pro did that. Then that negates some of the cost saving. Benefit is that if a future owner or myself want to return to chrome, the vinyl will peel off.
Or paint them which means a permanent colour change and would rely on my paint skills or the expense of a pro doing it.
Ideally I want the cheapest but also the easiest option.
Cheers