Famous Ferret

Ridem32_imp said:
Spaceman : PLEASE post pic of that nice rare ash tray! It should bring millions on eBay ! HANDMADE CLAY! Lol. :)
You can see it anytime at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, where it is on permanent loan. Sadly, the contract with the Met doesn't allow me to post non-copywritten photos.
 
I find bowhunters and motorcycle riders (and photographers for that matter) to be quite similar in nature since they are primarily loner sports, ie do not require others to participate, but can be done by oneself quite satisfactory.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
I find bowhunters and motorcycle riders (and photographers for that matter) to be quite similar in nature since they are primarily loner sports, ie do not require others to participate, but can be done by oneself quite satisfactory.

What you're saying (in principle) is we are all a bunch of wankers. :-/
 
Tortuga_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
I find bowhunters and motorcycle riders (and photographers for that matter) to be quite similar in nature since they are primarily loner sports, ie do not require others to participate, but can be done by oneself quite satisfactory.

What you're saying (in principle) is we are all a bunch of wankers. :-/
Tortuga, you are free to interpret as you wish, others might feel differently. Nevertheless, I'm not going to argue with how you see yourself in the reflection of the ferrets comments. :rofl:
 
Thread starter
Guth_imp said:
Tortuga_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
I find bowhunters and motorcycle riders (and photographers for that matter) to be quite similar in nature since they are primarily loner sports, ie do not require others to participate, but can be done by oneself quite satisfactory.

What you're saying (in principle) is we are all a bunch of wankers. :-/
Tortuga, you are free to interpret as you wish, others might feel differently. Nevertheless, I'm not going to argue with how you see yourself in the reflection of the ferrets comments. :rofl:
Tortuga, you are free to interpret as you wish, others might feel differently. Nevertheless, I'm not going to argue with how you see yourself in the reflection of the ferrets comments. :rofl:
Good call. You got me there boss. :D
 
"If your parents didn't have kids, chances are you won't either."

My other hobby (now in a bit of a decline or hiatus) is astronomy. Also full of wankers. :angel:
 
Ok guys , been thinking about this. Never should have let this thread get a foot hold. Not motorcycle related and in the beginning Guth and I agreed that we would keep the forum motorcycle related. So I will give it one hour for people to read my comment , then the thread is going bye bye.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Ok guys , been thinking about this. Never should have let this thread get a foot hold. Not motorcycle related and in the beginning Guth and I agreed that we would keep the forum motorcycle related. So I will give it one hour for people to read my comment , then the thread is going bye bye.
I would like to protest.

Isn't General Discussion just that?

If not then put a 'bunker' or 'cafe' area where CB1100 riders and fans can talk and exchange banter on a wide range of issues with more of a 'gloves off' moderation policy, and maybe Guth ram in a disclaimer for that section.

I'm sorry but if all I can ever discuss has to bike related, I'm off.
 
Everyone on here I guess has a CB or wants one. After awhile members become friends and chit chat a little. For fun and grins :). Can Guth add a category for just members only to chat some? We all like talking about our bikes. and our mods & add ons etc. But there are days we don't buy a new part or do a speed test but would still like to hear from our members. Just something to think about. We have over 1000 members and only about 30 active. About 15 or less everyday use! I will end my part of this thread by saying I lov my 6th gear on my 2014 CB1100 :).
 
Clearly stated in the forums section under General Discussion

General Discussion
Topics directly related to Honda's CB1100


We have discussed on several occasions having a section for off topics, but each time it was discussed, it was determined that such a section was a breeding ground for discourse, hard feelings and general disagreement so such a forum has never been implemented. You are free to plead your case with the forum Administrator (Guth)
 
Thread starter
Ridem32_imp said:
Everyone on here I guess has a CB or wants one. After awhile members become friends and chit chat a little. For fun and grins :). Can Guth add a category for just members only to chat some? We all like talking about our bikes. and our mods & add ons etc. But there are days we don't buy a new part or do a speed test but would still like to hear from our members. Just something to think about. We have over 1000 members and only about 30 active. About 15 or less everyday use! I will end my part of this thread by saying I lov my 6th gear on my 2014 CB1100 :).
Well said that man. This forum will shrivel up and die if we don't move it forward.
 
Well if that's the case the whole thread should be deleted. The topic has nothing to do with a CB at all. Which I don't mind at all found it as a nice thread. But if we gonna follow rules then it should be deleted. Sad but true. I do agree with no cussing, fussing etc. But other bike forums over 25 years running has many category's for many different topics. Even a market watch where members can post eBay deals and Craig's list items they find to help out other members. I'm just trying to help the forum live a long life. As you meaning all members can tell I do like this forum. I got a grin out of spaceman ash tray :). But it seems new ideas are bad ideas on here so just lock her down and let's talk CB :). I do understand rule is rule. No problem with me But I think even our founder posted non CB in this thread. As did several more! Maybe we all failed this thread ! :). Ride Ride Ride the mighty CB
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Clearly stated in the forums section under General Discussion

General Discussion
Topics directly related to Honda's CB1100


We have discussed on several occasions having a section for off topics, but each time it was discussed, it was determined that such a section was a breeding ground for discourse, hard feelings and general disagreement so such a forum has never been implemented. You are free to plead your case with the forum Administrator (Guth)
I've posted a poll. I expect judging by the above il be met with a no or a ban for being a trouble maker. If you want me to moderate the 'pub' and that only, I'm up for it. If you want to keep it home grown I'd recommend Spaceman or Ridem32.
 
Lol tortuga: I don't want to be a moderater I think ferret does a good job for the most part so long live ferret. BUT it was no need for ferret to post in this thread and Guth and then later down the thread shut it down. When ferret saw the title with no bike, motorcycle, CB, honda in it at all it should of been deleted then! How can we all that posted in this thread be punished by locking down thread this late in the game? As I said before I really enjoyed the thread learned a lot about a fellow member and was and am proud of what he has done thru his life. I'm only asking where do you draw the line--------- That's all. I did not see one bad word or no fussing at all. But again was nothing about CB To me it's kinda like riding your CB to DQ and showing a pic of a banna split ! Well the bike ride was fine but why post a pic of the banna split? I see nothing wrong with it but the pic is not of a bike, CB wrench etc. It's just a tuff line to draw when lots of us get on this forum daily to hear from our buddy's 100 to 5,000 miles away!
 
In before the thread is closed! Otherwise, I have nothing to contribute. (Although I have kids but no grandkids.)

edit: Not being snarky at all. I really do trust The ferret and Guth to manage this forum as necessary. I usually go to the "today's posts" section to see what's up and stumbled on this one.
 
Ridem is right, when I saw the thread title I should have deleted it right away. Thats why I said I never should have let this thread get a foothold.

I am waiting on a ruling from Guth on the 2 threads in question and 1 other that is not motorcycle related.
 
Ferret no one is blaming you at all. Trust me I know it can be tuff having to do what you have to! I just hate to see a great forum die out! If the about 30 members did not post for one week would be a ghost town. I go to bed every nite reading this forum. Wake up read my daily bible verse then stright to this wacky forum to see what and who has done or said what :). It's a addicting forum thanks to the CB and the few active members.
 
Ridem32_imp said:
Ferret no one is blaming you at all. Trust me I know it can be tuff having to do what you have to! I just hate to see a great forum die out! If the about 30 members did not post for one week would be a ghost town. I go to bed every nite reading this forum. Wake up read my daily bible verse then stright to this wacky forum to see what and who has done or said what :). It's a addicting forum thanks to the CB and the few active members.

+1. If all we have to talk about is the CB1100, well that kind of kills it for me too. I like to get to know other members and their interests besides motorcycles. I don't have a lot to contribute about a new bike that doesn't need anything.
 
Back
Top