EXHAUSTS!!!

rookallures_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Hey there everybody!
I registered a couple of weeks ago with some questions about the CB 1100 RS – the bike I ended up buying in order to replace my Bonneville T100!...
The bike will arrive in one week and I'm considering about to put some new cans on it. Don't want nothing with a "racer" or carbon look, I want to keep that classic Megaton appearance... Any ideas, not considering the Ryujin, Morivaki or Wyvern, which I really appreciate but are gosh darn expensive...
I live in Portugal (Europe), so european brands, like Arrow or similar will be preferred.
Thanks a lot and ride on!
 
Thread starter
Thanks alprider. I was also considering those and Remus but I'm trying to find all possibilities... It's not easy to find aftermarket parts for this bike...
 
Thread starter
They actually sound... Much better than the stock exhausts of my Bonnie when I bought it. Anyway, don't want nothing to loud or sharp, I'm more into something like a bass baritone sound.
 
rookallures_imp said:
They actually sound... Much better than the stock exhausts of my Bonnie when I bought it. Anyway, don't want nothing to loud or sharp, I'm more into something like a bass baritone sound.
I'd wait to run the bike first. And give it some time (break in period...).

I think the sound on the original exhaust is great as it is. And, in fact, I would describe it as "nothing to loud or sharp, I'm more into something like a bass baritone sound."
 
Thread starter
Hi jtopiso! That will be the better way to do things, indeed! Guess I'm just with that "pre-new bike frenzy"...
 
Thread starter
Checked it already, Macduff. They look great but couldn't hear the sound. A message appears on the link saying it was removed...
 
I didn’t care too much for the megaphone look but I did like the chrome. I installed a Staintune. I love the look and it has a little more growl to it but not too loud. It even works with the stock plate that covers the exhaust pipe.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
They look great, chync, but these represent the same problem to me, they're Australian, have no representation here and I have to order it over seas. Too much $$$. Wich CB is yours? The spoke wheels are amazing and I can spot a RS tank there...
 
Mine is in the foreground. Staintune isn’t cheap and I was concerned about how I would feel in the morning but I have never regretted that purchase. It looks like an oem exhaust to me. I haven’t been able to say that about other after market exhausts I’ve had on other bikes.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Rookallures, chync’s bike is a modded ‘13 or ‘14—I can’t remember which—so, should you decide to go Staintune, you would be well advised to check wether they would fit an RS. I recall a member here—Chapomis, perhaps—tried to get a couple for his 2014 DLX and couldn’t unless he was prepared to send his OEM pipes to Australia. They have a pipe for the 2013 and 2014 standards because they are the same as the 2010 and 2011 bikes imported to Australia. Staintune was able to get hold of one and make the slip on for it.
 
Thread starter
Thanks for the advice Cormanus. I e-mailed Staintune customer service yesterday in order to know if they have a specific model for the RS. Let's see what they say. Anyway, sending the OEM pipes to Australia is out of the question to me, although they look pretty well built and with awesome sound. My best option so far, considering I live in Europe are the Arrows.
 
rookallures_imp said:
Did you noticed significant power dileverence?
I think Staintune claims a 7 or 8 hp gain whereas members who have had theirs dynod prior and post intsalling one have seen about 1/2 of that with most of that gain at higher rpms.. Most don't do it for the hp gain, or any weight loss ( which iirc was about 4 pounds) they do it for the sound difference.
 
Thread starter
*deliverance (sorry for the typo)

Hi Ferret, if I end up doing it, will be mainly for the sound quality as well. I did on my Bonneville and gained +7Hp, which was noteworthy but the real joy was with the sound! I went with Norman Hyde cans, which are really amazing. My Bonnie is a 2015 and the stock sound is awfull, something Triumph have changed with the new models. As Jtopiso said some posts before, maybe will be better to try out the new bike first and give it some rides... Even because, unlike the Bonnie, this new CB RS seems to come with a pretty decent growl from the factory...
 
chync_imp said:
I didn’t care too much for the megaphone look but I did like the chrome. I installed a Staintune. I love the look and it has a little more growl to it but not too loud. It even works with the stock plate that covers the exhaust pipe.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is that an rs? Care to share which model ohlins u are running and also what rims are those. Shes a beauty bro!
 
Back
Top