EX - Coming to Canada in 2017!

CB-Deacon_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Just cruising the Honda Canada site and the CB1100EX is now showing as coming soon! Good news finally. As for RS don't hold your breathe.
 
Love this pic...what a great-looking machine!

97acc8dc300dd596472049d0bfc74f08.jpg
 
bigsheep_imp said:
I've heard rumblings of a 12,999.99 list price.
As that is the price of last year's standard model, without $1000 discount because it is last year's model, that sounds optimistic for the 2017 EX. But we can hope.

I wanted to buy a 2014 CB1100 Deluxe model. It base price was US$11,900. Freight and dealer prep would probably bring it closer to US$13,000. For me to buy one at that time I would have to add 35% for currency exchange. That would bring the price to CDN$17,550. Then they would add 13% Federal and Provincial Sales Tax at the border, bringing the cost to CDN$19,830. There was also a rumour of a CDN$500 import fee.

I waited to see if I could buy one second hand. But those that hade them would not part with them. When odd one did come up for sale they were usually thousands of miles away and only slightly discounted.

If I could buy a 2017 CB1100 Ex for CDN$13,000, I would be ecstatic.
 
That's a pretty bike. Looking forward to seeing one in the wild! Been liking the new EX for the many changes and subtle improvements. Hopefully, this means the model will be around for a long time.
 
CB-Deacon_imp said:
Big Motorcycle Show in Toronto in mid February and I sure the price will be announced by then.
It doesn't seem like there is going to be a Motorcycle Show here in Ottawa this year. In the 80s our 150 member touring club used to organize a bus ride to the Toronto Show and back. Filled it every year. But those days are gone. I may have to take the train to Toronto to see the show. Fortunately the train station is only 10 minutes from my home.

I wonder if Honda will provide them with a CB1100 EX for display purposes?

I put a deposit down on mine today. :excited:

The new model is not expected until May. But that's fine for me, as I didn't plan on buying it until my 71st birthday in early May anyway.

My salesperson suggested I trade my 500XA in to get a better deal. He also suggested removing all the accessories and selling them separately. Nice when find a salesperson that actually works to get you what you want at a reasonable price.
 
Pricing in UK for the RS is at £11,139, and the EX at £10,765, on the road. The 2014 EX's were selling at £10,200.

Not available just yet but should be by March I believe. Info from various UK Honda dealerships.
 
Back
Top