Engine guards and Givi top box

LuckyNLife_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
I just purchased my CB1100EX last Tuesday and the mods have begun. I have installed a Ram mount, rear carrier, Givi e450 top box and engine guards. I received my Honda heated grips that will go on this weekend with a USB port and heated gear outlet. Which will hold me till my Road Comet fairing arrives in 2-3 months. :D

Pictures
 
What Ferret said! Put Kurveygirls and RLETS on both my bikes :)

Be nicer if I could put Curveygirls on them, but, can't have everything I guess :(
 
The ferret_imp said:
2 things are essential for the CB1100 to me (besides Rlets lol)

83 degree valve stems (Kurveygirl.com about $30 https://www.kurveygirl.com/shop/index.php?cPath=169 ), and a battery tender jr pigtail (local mc shop..free with a battery tender jr)
The 2017 EX has laced wheels that run inner tubes. I would love to be able to have valve stems that are angled to the side, but I don't think we can unless we replace the tubes with new ones that have an angled stem.
 
apex1_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
2 things are essential for the CB1100 to me (besides Rlets lol)

83 degree valve stems (Kurveygirl.com about $30 https://www.kurveygirl.com/shop/index.php?cPath=169 ), and a battery tender jr pigtail (local mc shop..free with a battery tender jr)
The 2017 EX has laced wheels that run inner tubes. I would love to be able to have valve stems that are angled to the side, but I don't think we can unless we replace the tubes with new ones that have an angled stem.
might be unrelated but...my wife's S40 has spoked wheels and when we purchased the tubes for her new tires the alternate 90 degree stems were readily available. it's probably an easy swap for the next time your tubes are replaced.
 
Looks good, LNL! Very functional mods. I was not a fan of the look of top boxes, but since I got one last year I hardly ever ride without it. The engine guards, as well as providing good protection from spills, are also good for adding highway pegs for long distance travel.

Make sure and post a pic when the Road Comet arrives!
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
(+1) Hard top boxes impair the appearance of the CB. However, their functionality is addictive.
I agree. Most top boxes are large and look like a trailing satellite.

The EMGO is small, inexpensive, and sits flat on the Honda rear rack. It can also be removed with the key, so the rack can be used.
 
Thread starter
Busy weekend. I installed my heated grips. They were a bit of a pain to install. I had a stubborn vent line on the gas tank that gave me some grief, but they are done. I installed a pair of Grip Puppies as well. Definitely gives the grips a better feel. Thanks for the advice! I also installed a usb outlet, pigtail for my heated jacket and an Admore Top Case LED Kit. It was a chilly morning hear in Seattle, so I got to use the heated grips on the ride in. They work well, even with the Grip Puppies.

I am halfway to my 600 service. I already have the oil, filter and crush washer ready for that. With every mile I ride I love the bike even more, but I have started to notice a bit of front brake squeal. Any easy solution for that?

-Joe
 
Thread starter
Picked up and installed RLETs this weekend. :D The power gain is amazing. I cannot recommend them more. Well worth the pain in the backside it is to install them. :rofl:
 
No longer a Padawan you are LuckyNLife!
 
LuckyNLife_imp said:
Busy weekend. I installed my heated grips. They were a bit of a pain to install. I had a stubborn vent line on the gas tank that gave me some grief, but they are done. I installed a pair of Grip Puppies as well. Definitely gives the grips a better feel. Thanks for the advice! I also installed a usb outlet, pigtail for my heated jacket and an Admore Top Case LED Kit. It was a chilly morning hear in Seattle, so I got to use the heated grips on the ride in. They work well, even with the Grip Puppies.

I am halfway to my 600 service. I already have the oil, filter and crush washer ready for that. With every mile I ride I love the bike even more, but I have started to notice a bit of front brake squeal. Any easy solution for that?

-Joe

It seems that the front brake squeal comes standard on 2017ex models
:s

[URL=https://cb1100forum.net/threads/68573/]CLICK HERE for link
 
The rear brake on my 14 DLX squeals sometimes and for some reason it really squealed on today's ride. Goofy thing.
 
My front brake has a squeal sensor, apparently, that allows squealing only when there is a bystander to hear it...

I tried the Ferret trick of wiping the pad dust off the rotor and that helps a lot, except sometimes. See first paragraph.
 
Back
Top