Engine Guards and Bar Ends

I'm still happily feigning interest.
 
Feigning here as well ....
 
Thread starter
Install was super easy. They look great. Black was definitely the way to go for my bike. And the OEM guards are as subtle as engine guards can be. They blend very well with the black frame and black engine. Photos to follow...
 
Thread starter
Sorry guys! The boss had other plans for me. I'll post photos tomorrow. With this kind of build up, I've half a mind to ride up to TINK's neck of the woods and have him take the photos! My lowly cell phone photos may be quite the let down. But, I'll do my best.
 
arrrgghhhh how much more suspense can we take?
 
Is it tomorrow yet?
 
What engine guards?

I don't see any engine guards!

Shame that Honda doesn't sell a black version. It'd probably be cheaper than chrome.

Looks fantastic!
 
Hmmm.. Ho Hum...I expected more, considering the amount of feigning I did. ;)

LOL., KIDDING!! They look great! Hardly noticible and yet the look like they will do the job for which they are intended. Here's hoping that you never need to test them. Thanks for the pics. I assume the install is a cake walk?
 
Wow yea, those are well camouflaged. looks good. bar ends too.
 
Thread starter
the_undecider_imp said:
What engine guards?

I don't see any engine guards!

Shame that Honda doesn't sell a black version. It'd probably be cheaper than chrome.

Looks fantastic!
That's funny because I took a few pictures, couldn't really see the engine guards, so I kept taking pictures until I figured they showed up enough to be noticed and appreciated. I find the OEM guards to be the most attractive in terms of shape but really wanted them in black. Where there's a will (and $) there's a way! Thanks for the compliment!
EmptySea_imp said:
Hmmm.. Ho Hum...I expected more, considering the amount of feigning I did. ;)

LOL., KIDDING!! They look great! Hardly noticible and yet the look like they will do the job for which they are intended. Here's hoping that you never need to test them. Thanks for the pics. I assume the install is a cake walk?
Ha! I felt the pressure of needing to deliver more and, honestly, feel like I fell short. But thanks for the positive comments. I remember you not being a big fan of engine guards. I'm with you on hoping to never need them! And, yes, install was super easy. Literally 10 minutes per side, tops.
The ferret_imp said:
Wow yea, those are well camouflaged. looks good. bar ends too.
Thank you! I think both the engine guards and the SuperBrace blend perfectly with the bike and the chrome bar ends add just a touch of pizazz and tie in the fenders, mirrors and tank trim nicely. Aesthetically, the only other major modification I'm still hoping to do is to replace the exhaust with a Yoshi full system like MTC has on his CB. Then, all will be right in the world! Haha!
 
Thanks for sharing. Finally. The bar ends look great. The guards blend in so they are almost invisible, which is outstanding in my book. I'm troubled with the metal based windshield. Look closely and think about what can happen should you go over the bars with what are basically two large knives pointed at you should you crack that shield off as you go over and onto the metal base. I don't want to ruin your excitement over any of your purchased mods as they all look great, but those pointed ends look like they can do some damage should you go over the bars, and that happend to the best riders.

Well wishes. - Art
 
Thread starter
Thanks Art. Both for the compliments on the bike and expressing your concern regarding the aluminum cowl. I don't see it as a problem though. If I'm going over the front, it seems unlikely I'd impale myself on those ends. I'd have to get past my bars first. And if I'm going up and over the bars, I'm likely going up and over the front of the bike, including the cowl. Of course, anything's possible. Wouldn't be the first time I've been stabbed.
 
Back
Top