Endurance rear rack with 50L top box

Not compatible with EX models.
 
Thread starter
Very dumb question but in the US, are the 2013 standards considered EX? I thought they were just called Standard.
 
They are just standard, with or without ABS. And red. The EX came out (at least in the US) in 2014 along with the Deluxe.
 
dr_rock_imp said:
Very dumb question but in the US, are the 2013 standards considered EX? I thought they were just called Standard.
The '13 models were just CB1100s. There were ABS and non ABS versions of a single bike.

EX is the Euro/Asia version of the U.S. Deluxe (EX has spoked wheels). EX and Deluxe were both '14 models (with the exception of a few Japan-only EX models produced in '15).

Where racks are concerned, the EX/Deluxe bikes had a different grab rail setup than the '13 bikes and the '14 Std. The EX/Deluxe rack mounting points are at a different angle than the Std and the '13s.
 
Flynrider, thanks for straightening me out. Looks like I was confused.

Did we just make up the "standard model" name? On the powersports site Honda lists 2 bikes for 2014 (in the US). The CB1100(in black) and the CB1100DLX
 
Thread starter
The listing on Japan Webbike is contradictory. It says it works with 2014 models but not the EX. I asked them to clarify if it works with 2013 but they couldn't guarantee.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Flynrider, thanks for straightening me out. Looks like I was confused.

Did we just make up the "standard model" name? On the powersports site Honda lists 2 bikes for 2014 (in the US). The CB1100(in black) and the CB1100DLX
I think we did.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Flynrider, thanks for straightening me out. Looks like I was confused.

Did we just make up the "standard model" name? On the powersports site Honda lists 2 bikes for 2014 (in the US). The CB1100(in black) and the CB1100DLX
I think we might have made it up. Since there were two substantially different models in '14, we had to call the non-deluxe model something :) In 2013 it was either ABS or non ABS.
dr_rock_imp said:
The listing on Japan Webbike is contradictory. It says it works with 2014 models but not the EX. I asked them to clarify if it works with 2013 but they couldn't guarantee.
If it works with the '14 standard model, it should work with the '13, but I'm not in the bike accessories business so I make no guarantees. The '14 standard retained the same grab rail and seat as the '13 models, which is why I think it should fit. The '14 EX/DLX had a noticeably different grab rail and seat. That being said, I dont know if I'd order a part all the way from Japan just because some guy on the Internet thought it would fit. :D

Have you asked Mr. T if he can get this? He is an excellent resource regarding what aftermarket parts will fit a particular model.
 
Thread starter
Thanks Flynrider. Good to know that the standard 14 and 13 have the same rail and angle. Also a good suggestion to ask Mr T.
 
Back
Top