End of the road

It must be sad that you had to sell your bike , now concentrate on getting better. We will keep thinking of you and do not forget to keep us informed in how you are doing. ALL THE BEST MY FRIEND .
 
Sad as it may be to lose a mechanical friend, removing concern about it is a removal of a roadblock to your recovery. Now you can focus on healing, and when you’re feeling well enough, you can start diverting energy to thinking about the next bike you’ll want.

Godspeed!
 
Thread starter
Nope. I gave the guy ALL my moto-gear. Helmet, coats, heated clothing, chemicals, tools, race stands, polishes, gloves, etc. The only things I kept were my nearly-new Aerostich Darien Lite coat and AD1 pants, figuring I could sell them.

The idea in doing this was to remove any temptation to ride again. As it stood, all I needed in order to ride again was a new pair of boots, assuming my neck might ever allow it, and my swollen foot and ankle will ever accommodate a boot again. Now, having given everything away, I'd have to start from scratch and re-buy every last item.
 
VLJ, I am not a frequent visitor to this forum and have just spent the last hour reading this thread. My heart goes out to you and your family. The stress for all I am sure has been very rough.

My wife had Multiple Sclerosis for over 30 years. I was able to care for her at home until she passed peacefully this past January 23rd. I willing and happily modified my lifestyle to accommodate the number 1 priority in my life, which was caring for Gayle. With all the changes I made to my life that some called sacrifices, but I never did, I kept riding as much as I could. I must also say. every time I went out for a ride I worried what would happen to Gayle if I was seriously injured or killed on that ride. I had a couple of unplanned "get offs" that resulted in broken ribs and a broken hand, but luckily, those injuries never stopped me from caring for her, even for a day.

All that being said, if I was in your unfortunate shoes I would do what you have done and hang up riding. I hope you keep updating us on your progress. You have come a long way in about 5 months! I hope in another 5 months you are doing much better, especially with your neck and foot. I also hope you can afford to find a way to make that old bird pay. He should be forced to live in a shack for the rest of his days.

All the best!
 
my deepest condolences for your loss Dave.
 
Dave S, 30 years+ is your life dedication to the person you've always loved. Amazing!
May Gayle RIP
 
Dave, condolences on the loss of your Gayle. That will leave a gaping chasm in your life.
 
I've known friends and family having to support mates with MS. It's a tough row to hoe. :worship:

Sorry for your loss.
 
I really appreciate the kind thoughts, but I feel bad that I have hijacked VLJs thread.

I am looking forward to further progress reports V!
 
Thread starter
Other than anecdotal stories, I won't have anything new to report until April 15th, which is when I have my next appointment with the neurosurgeon. Until then, it's just mundane crap like my lower-left back is absolutely hot knives painful now, likely as a result of favoring my damaged right side. I've ditched the walker and am now using a cane, and sometimes I ditch the cane too, but when I ditch the cane I'm still only able to do a side-to-side hobble, which is probably a leading contributor to this new pain in my back.

Oh, and this morning on my little walking trail some toddler-aged girl who was out with her mom pointed at my swollen, nasty-looking foot and lower leg and started bawling her head off. The mom offered me a look of furtive embarrassment and quickly moved her daughter along.

Yep, this is just awesome.
 
Back
Top