EmptySea's SS1000 attempt

Thread starter
I went to work today. Granted, about an hour later than usual and I left an hour early to come home for a nap. We then went out to dinner with another couple and I'm about done for the night. I'll have more to report, but my butt and knees are not sore despite the stock seat.

More later. Nite
 
Thread starter
Probably more proud of this than I have a right to be, considering all I did was do something I already loved to do....


** This is to Certify that on the 27th of June 2017, Matthew T. Cxxxx rode a 2013 Honda CB1100 a total of 1,034 grueling miles in less than twenty-four hours during a Circle Tour around Lake Michigan starting in Park Ridge, Illinois; continuing on to Petoskey, Michigan; riding through the Tunnel of Trees Scenic Heritage Route and across the Mackinac Bridge; then on to Paradise, Michigan; and Appleton, Wisconsin before returning to Park Ridge while participating in the Lake Michigan 1000. The Lake Michigan 1000 was conducted under very strict guidelines set forth by the Iron Butt Association. Only a handful of riders from around the world have managed to solve the challenges such a grueling ride involves. *
 
Therefore, from now on, you will be know as Sir MTC

Seriously congrats Sea. THat's a long way to ride in a relatively short time.
Stll waiting on your thoughts..

How was it starting off, after the first few hours, aster 6 hours, after 12 hours, after 18 hours, and with the end in sight.
 
Congratulations Sir Matthew IB.
 
Friday afternoon, June 30th, I was in tiny Orfordville WI in my Tacoma. I met two bikes the first one was a red CB1100 with black header pipes and exhaust. Was this MTC?
 
The Mackinac bridge is not easy! Long, steel, can have terrible wind.

I rode it one, on a CB360T when I was young, poor and less risk adverse. Might add I was a finically challenged college student

That was scarab amazing accomplishment. Be proud of it.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
 
Thread starter
I guess I'm now officially official. :)

6ce962c01a2663a61c6ddd5010b7b4e9.jpg


d2b0df2c45b3bf881dab4b262e483090.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
:worship::worship::worship::worship: Empty Sea. Congrats!!! You honor us with your continued presence on this board. A bucket lister I have yet to attain! Please pm me with your shirt size and color and bike print preference from the forum store and I'll have Guth send you a shirt and mug gratis post haste in recognition of this accomplishment.
 
Thread starter
LongRanger_imp said:
Next up on your bucket list: BunBurner Gold! 1500/24. Can it be done on a stock, naked CB1100? You first!
1500 in 24hrs seems to be exponentially more difficult than 1000 in 24fhs. I finished the 1000 in 20.5 hours that would leave me 3.5 hours to complete 500 miles. Pretty sure that the speed limiter kicks in at something less than the 142.85 mph I'd have to average for that. LOL

Seriously, though, it would be really tough to figure out how to pick up my avg. mph from 50 to 63, but maybe if it was all 4 lane and if I increased my distance between stops to 120 miles......hmmm....
Frulk_imp said:
:worship::worship::worship::worship: Empty Sea. Congrats!!! You honor us with your continued presence on this board. A bucket lister I have yet to attain! Please pm me with your shirt size and color and bike print preference from the forum store and I'll have Guth send you a shirt and mug gratis post haste in recognition of this accomplishment.
Thank you for your gracious offer, but I'm pretty well stocked on t-shirts (I still have to distribute Rally shirts to those who didn't make it to Eureka Springs and pay InHouseBob). Thanks for the thought, though.
 
LongRanger_imp said:
Next up on your bucket list: BunBurner Gold! 1500/24. Can it be done on a stock, naked CB1100? You first!
Wanna go with me MTC? This fall BunBurnerGold. My house to Wall Drug Store Wall, South Dakota. 761 miles from my house. Me on the scoot, you on the CB!
All interstate but 51 miles and no MLPS or Chicago traffic.
 
Back
Top