Electrical / GPS

RamB_imp

New to the forum
Thread starter
I am planning to install a GPS and found a spare wire in the harness (red connector with a black cap) next to the battery but not sure where I could get the connector for it or if someone has a idea where I could tap power for the GPS
 
Or a diagnostic connector? Ill see if I can find it on the wiring diagram later.
 
I run the GPS on my ST thru the connecter on my battery tender
 
Its not the diag. connector (DLC). That one has 4 wires and is behind the left side panel.

Looking at the cable layout drawing shows there are 2 option connectors. One is in the headlight shell and the other is by the battery in a connector boot.

The connectors are labeled in the book as "OPTION 2P (Red) CONNECTOR.

Hope that helps!
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Its not the diag. connector (DLC). That one has 4 wires and is behind the left side panel.

Looking at the cable layout drawing shows there are 2 option connectors. One is in the headlight shell and the other is by the battery in a connector boot.

The connectors are labeled in the book as "OPTION 2P (Red) CONNECTOR.

Hope that helps!
Popgun, does that optional red headlight connector have a brown/black and a green wire gng to it? Trying to pick up 12 volts without running wires back to battery for cig/accessory adapter.
 
I am not by my manual, but I believe that is the color scheme. Its the only unused connector in there and has a cap or plug or whatever for protection. I'll check the diagram when I get home.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
I am not by my manual, but I believe that is the color scheme. Its the only unused connector in there and has a cap or plug or whatever for protection. I'll check the diagram when I get home.
Ok, thanks. I'm having trouble getting the red cap off to take a voltage reading. 3 little dimples apparently need to be depressed to remove cap.
 
Ok, thats it.

Green is ground and black/brown is hot.
 
Back
Top