ECU from Guhls/Dyno ready

DG,

I wonder if some riders are not used to fuel injection. When I got a Honda Elite 110 scooter I had problems with jerkiness, but learned to manage the throttle. When I got the CB, it was easy to manage after the scooter.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
DG,

I wonder if some riders are not used to fuel injection. When I got a Honda Elite 110 scooter I had problems with jerkiness, but learned to manage the throttle. When I got the CB, it was easy to manage after the scooter.
I am sure it all comes down to what you are used to. I had a KTM 990 Superduke that was absurdly twitchy, and would scare the poop out of you. When you turned though an intersection, across all the various fluids, you dare not move the throttle even a millimeter. That, and I ride observed trials where extreme throttle control is super critical, so to me the CB is just a big ol' teddy bear, and the very definition of smooth, while others feel the need to install graduated, ramped, throttle tubes to help them control the beast! :)
 
Hadn't had a chance to post up yet, but I tried a high speed run on Eric's CB last Sunday.
I downloaded the SpeedView app on my phone so I didn't need anyone pacing me.
I too ran out of road, so still had more to go, but at the end MAX read 129.
 
Yeah it should manage 130 no problem. I hopped in the HOV lane earlier this week and pinned it in 3rd and ran a few gears. It feels kinda slow around 100, but right when it hits 110, it feels like it comes back in to power and starts PULLING hard. Got to ~125 no problem and I backed out. Teehee. So fun.
 
Guhl Motors_imp said:
170e18937559c914d80375b698669f1c.jpg


Here is the dyno graph of the before and after ECU reflash that everyone has been asking for.

This bike was totally stock except for the slip-on muffler. The muffler was installed for both dyno runs, so the difference is only the ECU reflash.

Let us know if you have any questions.
Thanks,
Don Guhl
Guhl Motors
I can see the image is in photobucket but I can't get it to show up. Can someone post Don's dyno graph?
 
I couldn’t see the picture yesterday, but can this morning. Can you see it now, superjim?
 
I can see it.
 
Hmmm, somewhat hard to view. If I am viewing it right, alotta low end power is being traded for top-end in the 7500 RPM range? If so, just as well buy a (*bleck*) Suzuki sport bike or sumthin'.

- - -

The new profile looks like an ol' late 70's CB or Kawasaki.

- - -

Yeah, the stock CB is pretty miserable up at top end and you feel it. But who often sustains 180 km/h?

- - -

Maybe this bike needs a "Normal" mode and a "Sport" mode profile switch.
 
I have a stock ECU i purchased from EBay. I am going to send it for reflash . I will keep the original one stock.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
If Im reading it right + 3 hp and + 2 ft lbs of torque
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Hmmm, somewhat hard to view. If I am viewing it right, alotta low end power is being traded for top-end in the 7500 RPM range? If so, just as well buy a (*bleck*) Suzuki sport bike or sumthin'.

- - -

The new profile looks like an ol' late 70's CB or Kawasaki.

- - -

Yeah, the stock CB is pretty miserable up at top end and you feel it. But who often sustains 180 km/h?

- - -

Maybe this bike needs a "Normal" mode and a "Sport" mode profile switch.
I think you’re misreading the chart. More power across the whole rev range, very little improvement at low rpm. About 2-3 hp gain in the middle/top end.
dsan1964_imp said:
I have a stock ECU i purchased from EBay. I am going to send it for reflash . I will keep the original one stock.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How much did that run you? That’s a good idea.
 
dbarkdoll_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Hmmm, somewhat hard to view. If I am viewing it right, alotta low end power is being traded for top-end in the 7500 RPM range? If so, just as well buy a (*bleck*) Suzuki sport bike or sumthin'.

- - -

The new profile looks like an ol' late 70's CB or Kawasaki.

- - -

Yeah, the stock CB is pretty miserable up at top end and you feel it. But who often sustains 180 km/h?

- - -

Maybe this bike needs a "Normal" mode and a "Sport" mode profile switch.
I think you’re misreading the chart. More power across the whole rev range, very little improvement at low rpm. About 2-3 hp gain in the middle/top end.
dsan1964_imp said:
I have a stock ECU i purchased from EBay. I am going to send it for reflash . I will keep the original one stock.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How much did that run you? That’s a good idea.
I think you’re misreading the chart. More power across the whole rev range, very little improvement at low rpm. About 2-3 hp gain in the middle/top end.
dsan1964_imp said:
I have a stock ECU i purchased from EBay. I am going to send it for reflash . I will keep the original one stock.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How much did that run you? That’s a good idea.
Thanks for clarifying dbd / ferret.
 
Probably the most advantageous change in the Guhl reflash is not any percieved gain in hp or torque, but the removal of the top end restriction so it can realize it's speed potential. Reported to be more like 130 mph than the restricted 112 mph.

Btw personally I don't need de- restricting. i've never even been close to 112 on mine with no plans to test it.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Probably the most advantageous change in the Guhl reflash is not any percieved gain in hp or torque, but the removal of the top end restriction so it can realize it's speed potential. Reported to be more like 130 mph than the restricted 112 mph.

Btw personally I don't need de- restricting. i've never even been close to 112 on mine with no plans to test it.
I can't disagree.
 
..+1 , same here, max was 165/170 km/h... no need to go faster. Taken age into consideration and safety, CB is just perfect for me. If wanted to go faster, would buy CBR1000 RR SP, instead of flashing ECU for 25 more km/h. This is my choice.
 
Back
Top