ECU from Guhls/Dyno ready

kDiqq_imp said:
Got it installed and FINALLY had the chance to try it out today on my way to work. I left the bike warm up all the way before ripping on it. I got it in to 3rd and wrapped it hard and around 6k RPM, it began detonating and ended up ejecting a rod through the crankcase.





Just kidding.

It feels AMAZING. Most notably at low speeds. WOW. Shifts are SO smooth. All the bucking is gone, it's so easy to just putter. And in 6th gear, there feels to be far more torque to use when just rolling on to pass someone. The speed limiter is defeated. That I am sure of. Under WOT, there is some more power. I can definitely notice it, but I'm not wow'd by the increase. Which is okay. I didn't buy a super sport. That being said, the bike is brand new again just in how much easier it is to get along at lower speed and rowing through gears. The extra power is just a bonus. Highly, highly, highly recommended.
That's normal with the flash, the rod goes back into its proper place after a few miles & crankcase seals back up.

It is noticeable at low throttle inputs in the lower gears, very small gains at full throttle. You should notice on/off throttle to have less herky/jerky.
 
Well poooo! Just more money I need to spend on the CB!

I don't want to go over 112, but I like know I can. Also, I hate knowing my wife's Honda Civic has a higher top speed.

By the way, I live 3 miles from the highway here in Texas with the fastest speed limit in the US. It's "only" 80 where it passes through my town, but further south it goes to 85. I drove my Chevy 1500 out there and it's governed to 96. Had to stay out of the left lane even at that speed. People still drive 65 out there, so for people like me who are content with the speed limit, it is a pain in the neck trying to avoid those slow vehicles without getting run over.
 
Thread starter
I should have made a deal with Don after he did mine on his Dyno...for a percentage of future ones from this forum....
 
HikerToo_imp said:
I should have made a deal with Don after he did mine on his Dyno...for a percentage of future ones from this forum....
Yep, I make 50 bucks on each one. Keep them coming guys
 
Thread starter
xNE0x_imp said:
Why do you want to go over 112 mph? Just curious.
That question is covered in a few other threads, personally I don't any more now that I am older and the CB does not feel as good above 100 as my Ninja's used to.
I had the ECU flashed for low and mid RPM gains, used in every day riding.
 
xNE0x_imp said:
Why do you want to go over 112 mph? Just curious.
I was just in the tune for the improved low speed operations and the modest power pump. The removal of the speed limiter was a perk. Here is Houston its a great feature though where traffic can be moving at 90MPH at areas, being able to stay in front of people makes me safer when it comes time to do maneuvers. I won't argue that its a safety feature, but it makes me more comfortable knowing a won't hit an artificial wall.

Everyone has different wants. Asking someone why they want the speed limiter gone is like asking guys here why they want aftermarket exhaust that removes the cat or body pieces that have smaller lights. All these things have questionable legality depending on where you live but to each their own.
 
I reread the entire thread looking for more information on fuel mileage and only saw one report of one ride. Has anybody seen a consistent increase or decrease? It may be hard to keep from twisting the throttle more when the bike runs better.

Also, does this require higher grade fuel? Often you have to increase the octane when you advance ignition timing.
 
Timing is advanced in this tune. No reason to not run 93/91 octane seeing as it's an air cooled engine and price difference is very minor.

My MPG (so far) is unchanged. This tune isn't a radical change from stock though, no surprises there. You are correct though, you will beat on the bike more haha
 
My Griso has plenty of low speed jerkiness, I've been told it's the nature of the beast being a lumpy V twin. Remapping has helped; but it sure makes the CB seem smooth as silk and well mannered. I just don't see this low speed jerkiness in the CB. But maybe because of my experience with the Griso.

I've been over 112 on the Griso once; doing a quick high speed pass of an RV on a forest back road. Had no intention of going that high, but the Griso can get there pretty quick. My throttle hand is still pretty much calibrated to the slower bikes I'm used to, in this regard the CB is much more suited to this history. But I've found the CB does have a hidden hooligan if you play in the upper rpm range. Having the speed limiter removed, for me, would not be a factor in the way I ride. On the other hand, knowing it was gone would seem to lift a physiological barrier. It's weird, we're weak, meh, that's the way it is. Still, I'd like to do it, but the bike does run pretty well for me so until I ride one with the flashed ECU so I can compare seat of the pants differences it would be money spent to remove the speed limiter and I already have a bike that does that. :)

So anyone in Phoenix with a flashed bike? :)
 
Rboe_imp said:
My Griso has plenty of low speed jerkiness, I've been told it's the nature of the beast being a lumpy V twin. Remapping has helped; but it sure makes the CB seem smooth as silk and well mannered. I just don't see this low speed jerkiness in the CB. But maybe because of my experience with the Griso.

I've been over 112 on the Griso once; doing a quick high speed pass of an RV on a forest back road. Had no intention of going that high, but the Griso can get there pretty quick. My throttle hand is still pretty much calibrated to the slower bikes I'm used to, in this regard the CB is much more suited to this history. But I've found the CB does have a hidden hooligan if you play in the upper rpm range. Having the speed limiter removed, for me, would not be a factor in the way I ride. On the other hand, knowing it was gone would seem to lift a physiological barrier. It's weird, we're weak, meh, that's the way it is. Still, I'd like to do it, but the bike does run pretty well for me so until I ride one with the flashed ECU so I can compare seat of the pants differences it would be money spent to remove the speed limiter and I already have a bike that does that. :)

So anyone in Phoenix with a flashed bike? :)
Hm... If you want to share the Griso, I can meet you half way! I've been so fond of both the Griso and V7 lately. I need to try one out!
 
Wow, that would be cool. How far is it between Houston and Phoenix?
 
Google Maps tells me about 16 hours and the halfway point is right around the Mexican border... Looks like we would probably be walking home if we met there. It's more likely that I would pass through Phoenix. I've *really* been wanting to ride to LA. I have a sister who lives there and getting to go see her is rare as is. Being able to lump in a nice, long distance ride would be awesome.
 
Hey plan a ride with an over night stop over at Rboes, ride, go out to dinner, continue on to see your sister the next day win win win
 
The ferret_imp said:
Hey plan a ride with an over night stop over at Rboes, ride, go out to dinner, continue on to see your sister the next day win win win
Get Rhobes to pay for dinner and add a fourth win ;)
 
EmptySea_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Hey plan a ride with an over night stop over at Rboes, ride, go out to dinner, continue on to see your sister the next day win win win
Get Rhobes to pay for dinner and add a fourth win ;)
Strewth! I'm going to keep my hands in my pockets while you are around :).

Cheers
 
Pterodactyl_imp said:
EmptySea_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Hey plan a ride with an over night stop over at Rboes, ride, go out to dinner, continue on to see your sister the next day win win win
Get Rhobes to pay for dinner and add a fourth win ;)
Strewth! I'm going to keep my hands in my pockets while you are around :).

Cheers
Strewth! I'm going to keep my hands in my pockets while you are around :).

Cheers
Which is another reason I won't be at the CB1100 Rally. LOL
 
Hey hey hey, maybe we could work something out! If I retire early enough in 2015 I just may have to work up a ride.....
 
Rboe_imp said:
My Griso has plenty of low speed jerkiness, I've been told it's the nature of the beast being a lumpy V twin. Remapping has helped; but it sure makes the CB seem smooth as silk and well mannered. I just don't see this low speed jerkiness in the CB. But maybe because of my experience with the Griso.

I've been over 112 on the Griso once; doing a quick high speed pass of an RV on a forest back road. Had no intention of going that high, but the Griso can get there pretty quick. My throttle hand is still pretty much calibrated to the slower bikes I'm used to, in this regard the CB is much more suited to this history. But I've found the CB does have a hidden hooligan if you play in the upper rpm range. Having the speed limiter removed, for me, would not be a factor in the way I ride. On the other hand, knowing it was gone would seem to lift a physiological barrier. It's weird, we're weak, meh, that's the way it is. Still, I'd like to do it, but the bike does run pretty well for me so until I ride one with the flashed ECU so I can compare seat of the pants differences it would be money spent to remove the speed limiter and I already have a bike that does that. :)

So anyone in Phoenix with a flashed bike? :)
Same here. I think folks are delusional. :D
 
Back
Top