ECU from Guhls/Dyno ready

I hope you weren't doing a Ferret and hanging on to the phone. :)
 
Thread starter
So......after all this talk, does anyone have plans to send their ECU in, maybe when it gets cold and you store your bike for the colder weather?
I'm still happy with the results and would spend the money again if had to do over.
 
I'm planning on it. Right now Amazon has the Power Commander for $280 on Prime though.. I'm trying to decide if I want the ability to tune later... :( not that I have the money to spend right now anyways haha
 
kDiqq_imp said:
I'm planning on it. Right now Amazon has the Power Commander for $280 on Prime though.. I'm trying to decide if I want the ability to tune later... :( not that I have the money to spend right now anyways haha
You can get it here https://www.motomummy.com/ for $265. Came across this site mentioned by one of our members as to where they purchased theirs. Ordered mine from them as well. The ability to "tune later" myself, or easily revert back to stock, made more sense to me.
 
Thread starter
DGShannon_imp said:
kDiqq_imp said:
I'm planning on it. Right now Amazon has the Power Commander for $280 on Prime though.. I'm trying to decide if I want the ability to tune later... :( not that I have the money to spend right now anyways haha
You can get it here https://www.motomummy.com/ for $265. Came across this site mentioned by one of our members as to where they purchased theirs. Ordered mine from them as well. The ability to "tune later" myself, or easily revert back to stock, made more sense to me.
You can get it here https://www.motomummy.com/ for $265. Came across this site mentioned by one of our members as to where they purchased theirs. Ordered mine from them as well. The ability to "tune later" myself, or easily revert back to stock, made more sense to me.
I think each ( ECU vs PCV) has it's pros and cons.
PCV only does fuel mixture, but can be tweaked and removed if needed.
ECU flash does fuel, timing and removes upper speed limiter, and what ever other tweaks Don figured out.
When I had the PCV I liked how it smoothed out my lower RPM's, but did not really notice much if any performance boost.
The ECU flash definitely has a performance boost, feels peppier and more pull at all RPM's.
 
Very few people can tune a PCV. I have seen lots of bikes run so much worse with a PCV if you want your bike to run without restrictions send to Don and get the reflash done. Best bang for the buck!
 
Ridem32_imp said:
Very few people can tune a PCV. I have seen lots of bikes run so much worse with a PCV if you want your bike to run without restrictions send to Don and get the reflash done. Best bang for the buck!
I take it you are saying to send your ECU to Don, not your PCV.

Cheers mate.
 
Y'all check out my 'race only' CB1100 ;)

I rode it around the parking garage tonight since the weather blows and WOW. All the low speed jerkiness is gone. Already so satisfied.
 
Thread starter
Alright! welcome to the club!
Make sure he removed the 112MPH barrier....do you guys have any straight roads in Texas :-)
 
Yes we do, but we also have a cell phone on almost every person, and they take pictures and call Johnny Law in a anew York second. Not a he 1970s any more.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Elipten_imp said:
Yes we do, but we also have a cell phone on almost every person, and they take pictures and call Johnny Law in a anew York second. Not a he 1970s any more.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Not so sure a common citizen can determine you are speeding, take a picture of you and/or call the police and have you arrested or given a ticket based on their information....seems a bit of a stretch....maybe in Texas ?
 
True but they wait for you along the road in front of your route and come to your house and question. But in some parts of Texas the police understand and give a nod and a wink.

Texas also has the fastest legal limit at 85mph which means the vehicles are doing 100mph


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Wow 85, and I thought Utah was high at 80. It's only been a few years since we got to 65, and that's only on freeways. There may be 1 road in Ohio where it's 70,toll road up north I think, not sure. It's 70 in Kentucky. In Ohio if you are by yourself (car or bike) the Highway Patrol will nail you at 9 over.. they have a saying "Over 9....you're mine". That's why I ride speed limit +- 5. Locals may give you a bit more, but then again, maybe not... I got a ticket for 30 in a 25 in a little burg.
 
Elipten_imp said:
Yes we do, but we also have a cell phone on almost every person, and they take pictures and call Johnny Law in a anew York second. Not a he 1970s any more.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
May be, you just have to be fast enough, no chance to take a picture.
caf551dce261be3e4b5d4433f3832531.gif
 
Elipten_imp said:
True but they wait for you along the road in front of your route and come to your house and question. But in some parts of Texas the police understand and give a nod and a wink.

Texas also has the fastest legal limit at 85mph which means the vehicles are doing 100mph


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't know what it is with my area, but the cops LOVE hot rods. In a good way. A kid I went to high school with thought his Dodge Neon was hot stuff and put a fart can on it. He got THREE tickets for loud exhaust. Factory header and cat, just a fart can.

I had a Trans Am with longtubes, no cats, one *tiny* Borla XR-1, and a HUGE converter. The car was always at a minimum 3000RPM. After doing some work, I was bombing around open headers and managed to wind her out only to notice a motorcycle cop RIGHT behind me. He tailed me for a solid half mile. Then pulled around and waved... Blew my mind. Gotta love Texas right?
 
Got it installed and FINALLY had the chance to try it out today on my way to work. I left the bike warm up all the way before ripping on it. I got it in to 3rd and wrapped it hard and around 6k RPM, it began detonating and ended up ejecting a rod through the crankcase.





Just kidding.

It feels AMAZING. Most notably at low speeds. WOW. Shifts are SO smooth. All the bucking is gone, it's so easy to just putter. And in 6th gear, there feels to be far more torque to use when just rolling on to pass someone. The speed limiter is defeated. That I am sure of. Under WOT, there is some more power. I can definitely notice it, but I'm not wow'd by the increase. Which is okay. I didn't buy a super sport. That being said, the bike is brand new again just in how much easier it is to get along at lower speed and rowing through gears. The extra power is just a bonus. Highly, highly, highly recommended.
 
First paragraph.... Good one! I was freaking out lol
 
Back
Top