ECU from Guhls/Dyno ready

I'm just curious on what has happened under peak power. Really doesn't mean much unless I can see a 'before' on your bike though..
 
A lot of guys with very fast motorcycles would be sorely disappointed if they actually saw dyno sheets on their bikes.
 
Thread starter
kDiqq_imp said:
I'm just curious on what has happened under peak power. Really doesn't mean much unless I can see a 'before' on your bike though..
My Dyno sheet has the before/after graphs on it, will photo and post tomorrow.
 
Then that's awesome! All my years in racing have taught me that peak power means so little. And I've raced several 'dyno queens', but this information is available and I'd love to see what has changed at WOT.
 
HikerToo_imp said:
kDiqq_imp said:
Already sent an email. Looks like Don wants to charge everyone else $375 and that covers overnite return shipping. Sounds like a solid deal to me. I told him I'm ready to proceed forward when I see a dyno sheet. No reply back yet but I sent him that on friday. Look forward to seeing that sheet!
That's what I paid too, and gave my bike up for almost 2 weeks, and drove 75 minutes each way, with my wife following me.
I think you are better off calling him, he never answered 3 of my emails, but than I talked to him each time instead.
I can post my Dyno sheet, maybe tomorrow, but I don't think the numbers tell the real story, feel and response may not be measured by horsepower....
Seriously? Man, that doesn't seem fair to me. You subsidize the man's R&D, and advertise his product directly to his target audience, and he can't even cough up a token discount? :dodgy:

Thanks for letting the rest of us ride your coattails, Hiker...though I have to say I'm feeling less inclined to send any of my hard-earned dollars to Mr. Guhl just now.
 
Thread starter
pechorin75_imp said:
HikerToo_imp said:
kDiqq_imp said:
Already sent an email. Looks like Don wants to charge everyone else $375 and that covers overnite return shipping. Sounds like a solid deal to me. I told him I'm ready to proceed forward when I see a dyno sheet. No reply back yet but I sent him that on friday. Look forward to seeing that sheet!
That's what I paid too, and gave my bike up for almost 2 weeks, and drove 75 minutes each way, with my wife following me.
I think you are better off calling him, he never answered 3 of my emails, but than I talked to him each time instead.
I can post my Dyno sheet, maybe tomorrow, but I don't think the numbers tell the real story, feel and response may not be measured by horsepower....
Seriously? Man, that doesn't seem fair to me. You subsidize the man's R&D, and advertise his product directly to his target audience, and he can't even cough up a token discount? :dodgy:

Thanks for letting the rest of us ride your coattails, Hiker...though I have to say I'm feeling less inclined to send any of my hard-earned dollars to Mr. Guhl just now.
Seriously? Man, that doesn't seem fair to me. You subsidize the man's R&D, and advertise his product directly to his target audience, and he can't even cough up a token discount? :dodgy:

Thanks for letting the rest of us ride your coattails, Hiker...though I have to say I'm feeling less inclined to send any of my hard-earned dollars to Mr. Guhl just now.
Well, it was $375 plus sales tax, he deducted the $21.23 sales tax, my state of Delaware does not have sales tax, his state of PA does.
 
pechorin75_imp said:
HikerToo_imp said:
kDiqq_imp said:
Already sent an email. Looks like Don wants to charge everyone else $375 and that covers overnite return shipping. Sounds like a solid deal to me. I told him I'm ready to proceed forward when I see a dyno sheet. No reply back yet but I sent him that on friday. Look forward to seeing that sheet!
That's what I paid too, and gave my bike up for almost 2 weeks, and drove 75 minutes each way, with my wife following me.
I think you are better off calling him, he never answered 3 of my emails, but than I talked to him each time instead.
I can post my Dyno sheet, maybe tomorrow, but I don't think the numbers tell the real story, feel and response may not be measured by horsepower....
Seriously? Man, that doesn't seem fair to me. You subsidize the man's R&D, and advertise his product directly to his target audience, and he can't even cough up a token discount? :dodgy:

Thanks for letting the rest of us ride your coattails, Hiker...though I have to say I'm feeling less inclined to send any of my hard-earned dollars to Mr. Guhl just now.
Seriously? Man, that doesn't seem fair to me. You subsidize the man's R&D, and advertise his product directly to his target audience, and he can't even cough up a token discount? :dodgy:

Thanks for letting the rest of us ride your coattails, Hiker...though I have to say I'm feeling less inclined to send any of my hard-earned dollars to Mr. Guhl just now.
He did get a deal. No charge for Dyno time he just payed for the flash , the same price I paid. Had he charged him for dyno time the price would have been 400.00 more.

Don Had to take off his tank to access his ECU probably a couple of times to get the flash correct also piggyback some type of fuel controller to get the setting correct. A lot more work involved than you think.
 
If tuning a bike is like tuning a car, the license fee has to be paid for each VIN. Usually that's $100-$200.

That being said, it would have been nice to see you get your tune at a break-even price.
 
Thread starter
Yeah, overall I'm happy, Don is good guy, ECU change is good, price was OK.
Would have been nice--
- If Horse Power was 87 before and 97 after, but oh well
- If my price was closer to $300 and not $375,
but am happy with ECU and glad I had it done,
and still recommend the ECU flash and Guhls

Of course if anyone feels real bad for me and wants to make it more fair:-)
My PayPal account is efta@comcast.net

12:30 PM edit: Actually Don just called me, asked how everything was, wanted to make sure I liked it, and said if I had any problems to feel free to call.
He does think he could apply the same basic changes to a 2014 if needed without the Dyno.....at least get very close to what it needs.
 
170e18937559c914d80375b698669f1c.jpg


Here is the dyno graph of the before and after ECU reflash that everyone has been asking for.

This bike was totally stock except for the slip-on muffler. The muffler was installed for both dyno runs, so the difference is only the ECU reflash.

Let us know if you have any questions.
Thanks,
Don Guhl
Guhl Motors
 
Guhl Motors_imp said:
170e18937559c914d80375b698669f1c.jpg


Here is the dyno graph of the before and after ECU reflash that everyone has been asking for.

This bike was totally stock except for the slip-on muffler. The muffler was installed for both dyno runs, so the difference is only the ECU reflash.

Let us know if you have any questions.
Thanks,
Don Guhl
Guhl Motors
IMO this is a pretty awesome result. The raw #s may not be super impressive, but it's great to see those solid gains across the entire rev range.

Don, thanks for posting and welcome to the forum!! :)

From your experience, how would these results be impacted by using an exhaust system that eliminates the catalytic converter? Is that something you're able to intelligently "guess" at, in terms of A/F ratios? Or would you need to have the bike on the dyno to get a solid result?

Thanks again!!

grover


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thanks and welcome, Don.

It seems Honda didn't leave too too much on the table; and at the same time, for those owners looking for a bit of "extra", in a fairly cost-effective, non labor-intensive way, it is a nice bump.

:thanks:
 
Hey Don,

Thanks for posting. Where was his A/F ratio?? I was wondering if the best results where just above the red line or 13.2 My graph seems to produce more torque just above there.

Steve

Grover, ill post my dyno run & A/F ratio's when i get home and have a chance to scan it and post. I believe i was at about 86/87 HP with the full Yoshi and flashed ecu.
 
Grover,

Here is what you can expect with a flash and a stock PC5 map installed into your ECU running a full Yoshi. The A/F ratio is almost spot on, running a bit rich on top. The bike runs much cooler with the added fuel.

I shared this with Don when i had a dyno run done a few months ago, there is more HP to be found. The bike runs so well i just never got around to going down. Hope this is helpful.

 
CIP57_imp said:
Grover,

Here is what you can expect with a flash and a stock PC5 map installed into your ECU running a full Yoshi. The A/F ratio is almost spot on, running a bit rich on top. The bike runs much cooler with the added fuel.

I shared this with Don when i had a dyno run done a few months ago, there is more HP to be found. The bike runs so well i just never got around to going down. Hope this is helpful.



Thanks CIP!! :)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Yes, still very happy, running great.
Sunday made a top speed run to make sure I could get above 112MPH without cutting off
I was around 125MPH when I ran out of road, nerve, etc. link to lousy video attempt at trying to capture it on my iPhone, will try again
Then today( Monday ) I had a day off and took the time to do my longest ride ever on the CB, edged on by some Lancaster Amish style roads that peaked my interest after visiting Guhls up in this area. Ran great, think I was even getting 55 MPG compared to my usual 50 when I stay closer to home on shorter ride.
This is missing about 70 miles of the exact ride since it was off and I thought it was battery problem.
http://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/596757709
 
Back
Top