ECU flash

NHCB_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Last week I asked the question PCV or Bazzaz. I was informed about Don at Guhl Motors that does an ECU flash. After some research and talking to Don I think that is the way to go. The problem as most of you know is he has not been able to dyno a bike yet. He said in 2013 there was tons of hype about the CB and doing the flash but no one close to him would commit to bringing their bike there. He said he can do a general flash and it will be an improvement, but a dyno tune will have awesome benefits. So I am contemplating taking the 400 mile trip there for my benefit and all yours. But I realistically cant afford to take the time off work, drive my old truck out there and rent a room. Id have to stay for a few days for him to try different things with tuning. It may be doable for me next season, but now would be tough.
So Im really hoping/asking will someone closer will consider bringing their bike to him? There are a lot of things that our bikes can gain if he can get one of these bikes for a few days.
 
I'd do it if I wasn't in south Texas... actually that's not true, I'd do it if I could get enough time off!

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
 
OK!!!!!!!!!!!
I'll do it.
Just checked with wife, we can drop it off on Sept. 22nd.
Assuming I don't pay extra for the Dyno work, maybe just the Flash.
I'll call Don to see if he can work on it that week.
If someone goes sooner, please let me know.
I have the 2013 CB1100 with Staintune.
I would ask that he concentrate on low and mid range performance, I am not looking for peak HP at peak RPM.

If anyone wants to donate to my ECU guinea pig work, PM me for PayPal account :-)
If he was open on weekends I would have had it done by now.
 
HikerToo_imp said:
OK!!!!!!!!!!!
I'll do it.
Just checked with wife, we can drop it off on Sept. 22nd.
Assuming I don't pay extra for the Dyno work, maybe just the Flash.
I'll call Don to see if he can work on it that week.
If someone goes sooner, please let me know.
I have the 2013 CB1100 with Staintune.
I would ask that he concentrate on low and mid range performance, I am not looking for peak HP at peak RPM.

If anyone wants to donate to my ECU guinea pig work, PM me for PayPal account :-)
If he was open on weekends I would have had it done by now.
Nice!! I'll donate a few bucks for a worthy cause :)

PM sent!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
HikerToo' pid='56794' dateline='1409149565 said:
If anyone wants to donate to my ECU guinea pig work, PM me for PayPal account :-)

Thanks Hiker!
I was thinking of asking the same question if I was going to make the trip. I will pitch in a few bucks for gas. :thanks:
 
Thanks for the PayPal offers.
Let's wait until its done and I've had time to test, will see how it goes than and how much Don plans to charge me.

If I can work out a day sooner with my wife, will try to get it in sooner.

Thanks again!
 
If you can take your stock can for us cheap skates that won't be buying one, that would be uber cool. And I'll chip in for gas and chips..... :D
 
I'm willing if Don wants to Dyno test with Staintune AND stock muffler, but I don't think there would really be much a of a difference, do you?
I could see if it were a muffler AND header...
 
Thread starter
He told me he would like to try as many different things as he could, so I bet he would like both pipes. Also just for your piece of mind Hiker, he said the actual run time on the bike would be minimal. Most of the time would be on the computer.
 
Put the stock exhaust on or bring it with you. Don is looking to Dyno a stock bike in turn he will not charge you for the Dyno time, then do a few pulls with the other can and see if there is any difference. The flash file is already done, he may even give you a discount on that.
 
OK, stopped by Guhl's today to setup my time and talk to Don.
I'll drop it off to him this Tuesday the 2nd, although he is busy and may have it until the following week.
He did walk out to look at my CB since he has not seen one in person.
I plan to bring the stock muffler too.
I'm sure the idea is for him to build a more accurate and finely tuned flash file based on results with the Dyno, not use the one he already did for a couple of our guys already.
Because the timing is going to be altered, there is a chance I may need to run Premium gas after this work....we'll see.
I'll keep everyone updated
 
DAC_imp said:
Premium gas with a 9.5/1 compression ratio? Really?
With timing advanced, oh yeah. I've had motors as low as 9.1:1 knock with more timing and low octane fuel. But on a stock tune, yeah use regular :P

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
 
HikerToo_imp said:
OK, stopped by Guhl's today to setup my time and talk to Don.
I'll drop it off to him this Tuesday the 2nd, although he is busy and may have it until the following week.
He did walk out to look at my CB since he has not seen one in person.
I plan to bring the stock muffler too.
I'm sure the idea is for him to build a more accurate and finely tuned flash file based on results with the Dyno, not use the one he already did for a couple of our guys already.
Because the timing is going to be altered, there is a chance I may need to run Premium gas after this work....we'll see.
I'll keep everyone updated
Good for you Hiker, never met Don but per our conversations he's a real nice guy.
 
Back
Top