ECROW aka 44-47

Thread starter
Inhouse Bob and the Capitol of the United States

2cbbf9d10506d0c4672d4a982f01baa5.jpg
 
peterbaron_imp said:
KiowaEagle_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
Wow, nice, long distance trip = congrats to you all and I am getting envy...
...but there is no word about KiowEagle's newly acquired DLX performance during this wonderful journey.
Russ & I were going to ride to go and meet them. Me on my DLX and Russ on his (my former) standard. I had visions of getting the rare group CB1100 pic, five together is pretty rare outside of a rally. But it was not to be, the ECROW group didn’t want to get in the saddle again so I picked them up in my car.

You’ll just have to wait for the rally to see my DLX Peter baron. :hello:
....... But it was not to be, the ECROW group didn’t want to get in the saddle again so I picked them up in my car.

You’ll just have to wait for the rally to see my DLX Peter baron. :hello:
Hmm, this will be very hard to achieve, since after 4 weeks in Europe, I'll be coming back to Canada on Sunday, Aug 22, and should go back to work the next day on Monday :-/
Work, shmirk. What's another week?
 
Thread starter
misterprofessionality_imp said:
Wow. Of all the things ive done on a motorcycle riding inner city DC at night is not one of them. That traffic mustbe brutal
I was amazed at the number of people there out at night
 
The few times I popped into DC I was surprised how easy it was to acquire street parking on the capital grounds. I guess some good luck? The last visit I sat with ol' Lincoln (at the ever popular memorial) and reflected with him how his America has changed. That aside, the surrounding freeway congestion suh-uh-uh-kkk-ed.
 
What'd he have to say Au₂O₃?
 
Cormanus_imp said:
What'd he have to say Au₂O₃?
Good point Cormanus. We were lucky - we had the entire Lincoln Memorial to ourselves (two of us) for about 15 to 20 minutes. I reckon a rare midday lull. There almost felt a sense of invisible power - certainly the perceived steeped history. Nonetheless, being of mainly poured composite aggregate, any thoughts expressed by the historic figure were merely my own. I couldn't help to feel, however, a sense of sorrow and some sadness. Still, a good moment.
 
Knowing that "Funky Cold Medina" was one of two hits by Tone Loc does not make me an expert on 80's Hip-hop music.

-Wonder why my "Check Engine" light was sometimes on and sometimes not.
-Wonder if Bob knows what those round reflecty things are atop the handlebar.
-Wonder if I'll drop my bike on a slow right turn.
-Wonder if Mickey knows how loud his sneezes, coughs, and sound effects are through the Bluetooth communicators.
The ferret_imp said:
misterprofessionality_imp said:
Wow. Of all the things ive done on a motorcycle riding inner city DC at night is not one of them. That traffic mustbe brutal
I was amazed at the number of people there out at night
I was amazed at the number of people there out at night
Maybe not so oddly given where I grew up and live, I was amazed at how few people were out there at night.

The traffic within the District was comparable to any city at night - not heavy, in my opinion and certainly not "brutal". In fact, even the "Beltway" traffic was pretty light that night. I will say that navigating the diagonal and curved streets within the District is challenging enough during daylight in a car, let alone at night on two wheels.

We didn't have the opportunity to visit the memorials up close. I have had the opportunity to do that a few times in my life and find it very inspiring. Visitors have to make a choice - To read the words of our forefathers and be saddened by how far we yet have to go to achieve the ideals set forth in those quotes or to be uplifted by how far we have come already and to be inspired to continue that quest for a " more perfect union".

a5112dcff58ce82d6e4c5edcc99ec36c.jpg

National Mall - Washington, DC

97ebff5bb6a7fcb689ae6d86a14a3620.jpg

Your fearless moderator and yours truly at Lincoln Memorial.

f517a1d93abb2492911cd30735e8142e.jpg

2013 CB1100 at Jefferson Memorial

c73fffb666775542ac942779354015b4.jpg

Washington Monument
 
Thread starter
Wonder if Mickey knows how loud his sneezes, coughs, and sound effects are through the Bluetooth communicators.

:rofl:

and personal utterances too I guess, since you asked me if I knew that I talked to myself :dodgy:
 
Thread starter
Gotta love New Jersey gas stations ( NOT)
 
I had two gripes... 1. they put cones in front of otherwise perfectly usable pumps because all NJ stations are full-service. This made it difficult to figure out where to fill up the bike and 2. one of the stations had that collar that you have to pull back in order to fill the tank. total pain in the ... legs

The Ferret had some additional technical issues, I believe, not eased much by the fact he was using a different credit card than he usually used, but I don't want to step on his possible upcoming tirade, so I'll just make some popcorn and check back here in a bit.
 
After reading all this, I discovered a new side of Ferret...have no choice but to accept him as he is :D:P
 
EmptySea_imp said:
I had two gripes... 1. they put cones in front of otherwise perfectly usable pumps because all NJ stations are full-service. This made it difficult to figure out where to fill up the bike and 2. one of the stations had that collar that you have to pull back in order to fill the tank. total pain in the ... legs

The Ferret had some additional technical issues, I believe, not eased much by the fact he was using a different credit card than he usually used, but I don't want to step on his possible upcoming tirade, so I'll just make some popcorn and check back here in a bit.
Ah, okay. Hmmm.

Well, at least there wasn't any bulletproof cashier glass and sliding paper chute to deal with. :-/
 
Thread starter
I'd rather not discuss NJ gas stations as I have a cup of hot tea and a piece of warm peach pie with vanilla ice cream and my blood pressure is low so its not a good time lol ooohhhmmmm
 
Back
Top