Easy RLET installation, using a sheep castrator

GoldOxide_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
Not at all, Au₂O₃. As his lordship says, getting the RLETs on is what counts. In other words there’s no benefit until they’re on so how they get there is immaterial. Always remember that the forum guru responsible for making even Lord Popgun wise to the RLET—The Ferret himself—had his RLETs installed by a dealer. Twice.
So no "Padawan training" enroute to RLET destination?

My perception of the journey is changing - maybe even becoming diluted. :-/

But, as you say, if Ferret had a pion dealer install 'em ("Twice"), then I suppose there is some truth in the words.
So no "Padawan training" enroute to RLET destination?

My perception of the journey is changing - maybe even becoming diluted. :-/

But, as you say, if Ferret had a pion dealer install 'em ("Twice"), then I suppose there is some truth in the words.
It's not like I have never installed them. I helped put a set on an unsuspecting members bike at the very first rally in North Carolina.

Plus I was in the industry from 72-89 and got to install lots of them back then.
 
No... but you see the darndest tools at Harbor Freight, and I never saw one like that. I'd imagine they'd keep them next to the electronic fly swatters.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
No... but you see the darndest tools at Harbor Freight, and I never saw one like that. I'd imagine they'd keep them next to the electronic fly swatters.
Maybe this is a good thing Gin60.

Otherwise purchasers might get some sort of "sheep fetish" and slip bands on unconscious sleeping "victims".
 
"Your statement tells us: no experience wit sheep"

Yeah, no, no experience with sheep. One of the creepiest things I've ever seen in my life is at the annual Steve McQueen car show. One of the displays is a group of vintage engine owners. One of them has an old 1920s era stationary engine attached to a transmission with two long shafts with powered clippers at each end. Looks like something out of the movie Edward Scissorhands. It's some sort of apparatus that was used to cut two sheep at the same time.

Looks absolutely horrifying.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
... I wonder of this Forum who has now secretly gone and purchased a sheep/RLET installation tool?
Lord Popgun_imp said:
OMG...wise Lord Popgun is....if Honda is running out of stock with RLETS...is flock of sheep gonna be spared ...or not ? :P
 
Thread starter
I can bring the tool to the 2022 East Coast Rally to offer a complimentary RLET installation station. BYO-RLETS.

You can recognize me from my avatar video:
 
willsmith_imp said:
I can bring the tool to the 2022 East Coast Rally to offer a complimentary RLET installation station. BYO-RLETS.

You can recognize me from my avatar video:
... now that is service with a [big] smile. :D
 
I too struggled and cursed during manual installation of RLETS on my Monkey and CB. Yes, I was/am familiar with all the little tricks like heating in boiling water, and soap, but I also have arthritis in my hands which makes it a bit more difficult. I found a lot of these tools on eBay. The best listing I found was for $7.95 with free shipping, but the listing also said to make offer. I offered $7, seller countered at $7.45, and I bought it resulting in a total cost of $8.06 including shipping and tax.

I may never use the tool, as other have pointed out, but for $8, what the heck. Here is a link to the Ebay listing: https://www.ebay.com/itm/253365796390
Amazon listings were significantly more expensive, as I imagine farm supply stores would be as well.
 
2017EX_imp said:
I too struggled and cursed during manual installation of RLETS on my Monkey and CB. Yes, I was/am familiar with all the little tricks like heating in boiling water, and soap, but I also have arthritis in my hands which makes it a bit more difficult. I found a lot of these tools on eBay. The best listing I found was for $7.95 with free shipping, but the listing also said to make offer. I offered $7, seller countered at $7.45, and I bought it resulting in a total cost of $8.06 including shipping and tax.

I may never use the tool, as other have pointed out, but for $8, what the heck. Here is a link to the Ebay listing: https://www.ebay.com/itm/253365796390
Amazon listings were significantly more expensive, as I imagine farm supply stores would be as well.
Good find i just added it to my cart for when I order the rlets

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
 
Houtman_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
It is interesting how the RLET saga has turned to acquiring key [motorcycle] castration tools.
Perhaps we are becoming old boring people !
Perhaps we are becoming old boring people !
:rofl:

One might say there is nothing boring about castration tools. :s
 
Back
Top