Easy question

Bokobob_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I'd like to buy a Parabellum sport windshield for my 2014 CB1100 standard. I see it advertised for the 2013...Emailed company last week asking if it also fits the 2014 as I hear it has a larger tach and speedo. No answer so far...If anyone has used this on a 2014 and it fits as it should, please let me know.

Many thanks.
 
Well the picture they show on Ebay looks like it is mounted on a 14 Deluxe. The gauges look like they are the 14 gauges. Have you tried calling?
 
Thread starter
drodg58_imp said:
Well the picture they show on Ebay looks like it is mounted on a 14 Deluxe. The gauges look like they are the 14 gauges. Have you tried calling?
Thanks for posting photo of the windshield and thanks for saying the gauges look like 2014 ones..I will call them tomorrow...they never answered my email to them...I have a parabellum on my BMW K75,not as tall as the one I intend to buy and it does a marvelous job of shielding me from the wind and turbulence.
 
Thread starter
Ok called and ordered the parabellum sport tinted one in the 22" height even though I am just 5'9". I am elderly and like as still a pocket of air behind the shield as possible. $283 shipped to door. It will ship in two working days. I'll post a comment on how I like it once I get it installed.
 
Thread starter
Ok, windshield arrived yesterday late and two of us installed it today in about 30 minutes. Solo installing might well be very difficult as sometimes we needed all four of our hands. It is the 22" high one. at 5'9" I still look over the top. There were no written instructions but they sent two 8 x 10" inch photos showing how things fit up and we had no problems getting it done. I rode the bike with my earplugs in as usual and also with heavy gloves and so far it functions as well as any windshield I've ever had on my 22 bikes since 2008. There is no buffeting whatever and noise is also very faint. It looks just like the windshield shown on the link posted in this thread. I don't have ready means to take a photo.

All in all, I am most satisfied.
 
Bokobob you ARE the man. I am sorry i haven't replied earlier. I teach an I am at the end of the semester. I am in VA near the Kerr Res. I have a parabellum as well on my 2014 Black CB. I bought the 18" and the 10" (the two-fer deal).The 10 inch is tinted an cool looking. The 18" is everything you say++
I had mine painted to match. Huge pain-well worth it. I do have pictures I think I can send you. My teenager can help his dopey dad.
Like it so much, the Wife is getting one for a Christmas gift painted to match the purple Bonnie.
My season is extended and riding is virtually wind-less.
OOPS I bought the scout, very similar though in design.
 
Thread starter
Ok on yours being a Scout model..I was wondering about your "painting" it comment....my shield of course, has nothng but the see-through plastic windshield.
 
Geesh, nothing like being on a retro forum with a bunch of "old guys" that can't post pics :rolleyes:
 
Thread starter
Good eye, Ferret...Hey, I'm just 79, still in my prime. :-)............Anyway, I'm an Ohio native so be gnice to your elder Buckeyes. Now let me just check on which button to push to get this note published...
 
Bokobob_imp said:
Ok, windshield arrived yesterday late and two of us installed it today in about 30 minutes. Solo installing might well be very difficult as sometimes we needed all four of our hands. It is the 22" high one. at 5'9" I still look over the top. There were no written instructions but they sent two 8 x 10" inch photos showing how things fit up and we had no problems getting it done. I rode the bike with my earplugs in as usual and also with heavy gloves and so far it functions as well as any windshield I've ever had on my 22 bikes since 2008. There is no buffeting whatever and noise is also very faint. It looks just like the windshield shown on the link posted in this thread. I don't have ready means to take a photo.

All in all, I am most satisfied.
I also have the same shield on my 2013 and am also satisfied. It's quite nice in the cold weather.

I posted comments and pics in this thread.

Parabellum sport shield
 
Just joking Bob. Hey in our age poll we have 5 guys listed as 75+. Every one of them is my hero!
 
Thread starter
Ferret, I figured that you were just joking but I am a born "agitator." Neat to have fun on any given day, and at 79, days are "who knows?" from being no longer given.
Also.. to CurlyJoe, I have also begun to notice some wind noise and air hitting the helmet at higher speeds, in my case above 65 mph...I do not categorize it as "buffeting" but each rider has his own perspective.
 
I think it's great guys like you and Rocky are still riding. Gives me hope. Family history suggests otherwise, but I'm going to give it a shot.
 
Thread starter
Ferret, eat lots of blueberries, and take it real easy on the fat grams and pizza, etc..I eat no junk food ever, a day at a time..no sugar, no flour, no wheat...No processed foods..I eat like a king as well...Now, about exercising, that I don't do hardly ever, but should.
 
"easy on the fat grams and pizza, etc.. no junk food ever, ..no sugar, no flour, no wheat...No processed foods.."

:rofl: yea, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna die early. Better get all the riding I can in now
 
Bokobob I think I may be near you, Charlotte County VA. Oh, and I can post pictures........as long as one of the boys does it for me....complete with the adolescent eye roll.
 
Thread starter
Southwend, hey, I retired from IBM in 98 and I still don't keep up with modern stuff..My cell phone is just that - a phone. I never text....I have never taken a photo with it....I don't feel I am missing anything because of that...I can post links to take the recipient to photos.

Life is good.
 
Back
Top