peterbaron
Road warrior
That's gonna look good and professional when completed. No rush and take your time 

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Bheezy27403_imp said:Nice work. You can now sleep at night knowing it lines up.
and you don't even get your nails greasy...amazing.PowerDubs_imp said:So far so good.
I am certainly no machinist, I am just using a bench vice, a socket to keep it somewhat lined up and a Milwaukee cordless drill with a grinding bit.
I do have two large 240 V compressors and a die grinder, but I don’t wanna make a lot of noise and bother my wife and honestly for something like this slower is probably better.
![]()
![]()
Still need to do the other side and then polish before spraying the clear.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi Desert Viper, a quick question.Alain Lee_imp said:Hi Desert Viper, a quick question.Desert viper_imp said:Here is mine
Did you purposely omit the 4 chrome bolt caps or you like it better without the caps.
Regards
Alain Lee
On mine, the upper cap & lower bridge are flush (Perfect fit) Side to Side and Front to Back.
I guess HONDA can reuse older parts bins just like the horn.
![]()
![]()

Alain Lee_imp said:Hi Desert Viper, a quick question.Desert viper_imp said:Here is mine
Did you purposely omit the 4 chrome bolt caps or you like it better without the caps.
Regards
Alain Lee
On mine, the upper cap & lower bridge are flush (Perfect fit) Side to Side and Front to Back.
I guess HONDA can reuse older parts bins just like the horn.
![]()
![]()
Ouch! That's a rough one. Sorry that happened Josh.PowerDubs_imp said:I am super bummed out.
Just had some spare time to get back to this.
Got the piece where I want it 95%
Radiused the corners which was easier said than done because of a taper from the top down all the way around.
Sanded and sanded and sanded. Especially after putting black into the letters. Very fine lines, pita.
I have spent a LOT of hours on this... sacrificed a stock clamp to grid off of, lost a clamp bolt cap too. Ugh.
Was thinking I just need one more session with the next finer grit of sand paper to match, then clear enamel.
Figured I’d throw it on the bike to see what it looked like before I do that.
![]()
![]()
I was NOT expecting it to be too wide.
There is no way around this.
Into the garbage it goes.
Will need to order a new stock clamp and bolt cap cover.
Going to pour a stiff drink.
![]()
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m in.Ninemeister_imp said:It's an easy item to CNC machine should there be a demand...
Happy to engineer for free and organise at cost price if we can get a group buy going?
Alain Lee_imp said:Hi Desert Viper, a quick question.Desert viper_imp said:Here is mine
Did you purposely omit the 4 chrome bolt caps or you like it better without the caps.
Regards
Alain Lee
On mine, the upper cap & lower bridge are flush (Perfect fit) Side to Side and Front to Back.
I guess HONDA can reuse older parts bins just like the horn.
![]()
![]()
Seems like this is the clamp from a Honda CB450 SC Nighthawk. There are a few for sale on eBay.
I have an ‘85 cb450sc next to my ‘14 cb1100 in the garage; I’ll check fitment next time I’m home.Alain Lee_imp said:Hi Desert Viper, a quick question.Desert viper_imp said:Here is mine
Did you purposely omit the 4 chrome bolt caps or you like it better without the caps.
Regards
Alain Lee
On mine, the upper cap & lower bridge are flush (Perfect fit) Side to Side and Front to Back.
I guess HONDA can reuse older parts bins just like the horn.
![]()
![]()
Stichill_imp said:Powerdubs you have the coolest MC aesthetic.