Dyno'ed the stock bike today

Funny how different dynos and different results on similar motorcycles.

But yours is putting down aprox 80 at the rear wheel and that aint bad. Guess you dont have to worry about running it to redline now, huh?
 
Thread starter
Deanohh_imp said:
Do you know what gear they ran it in? Must have hit the speed limiter before it got past 7500 rpm.
5th gear I think?? Remember boys I am a rider/collector not very techie and average wrench so that is about as technical as I can get.

Someone ask for the video.

Ask and ye shall recieve, Here ya go, just threw this together from some cell phone video. (link Below)

BTW Can you embed video in a message here?

PS: I misspoke just looked at the curve and read 80, watching this it was 79.75 HP.


 
Ill be darned one gear, no shifting, just run it up and pull in the clutch and let it slow down. Interesting. Thanks for posting.
 
Hondahoarder - Looks like you have access to a pretty nice shop. Maybe you could ask the tech what is involved in removing the factory speed limiter. My bet is accessing the PCM with some tuning software and simply turning the limiter off or adjusting the limiter up to a higher speed. Would be interested to know what your guy has to say on the subject as others have asked in another thread.
 
Look at the wiring diagram. There are 2 voltage wires direct from the rear speed sensor to the Speedo. Then there is 1 speed wire coming out of the cluster and straight to the ecu. I don't know if the ecu needs to know road speed for its fuel maps or if it would cause a code if it were disconnected. That wire could be the key to it but I'm not willing to take stuff apart enough to find out.
 
Back
Top