Dremeled my side covers- what do you think?

Thread starter
ClassicVW_imp said:
I was holding back a comment because I wasn't sure I liked the rough look you first posted. I was trying to wrap my head around how it would "fit" the look of the CB, what with all its shiny parts and beauty, thinking it would look better on a cafe'd or "flat black" bike look.

BUT...The finished product looks absolutely fantastic and will complement the shiny black nicely. Nice work!

It's a classic Honda look (as well as other makes)- :thumbsup:


b43e9281e2d2f59414e42905a187606a.JPG

 
Thread starter
husky385_imp said:
That looks very nice. I wonder how hard it would be to do that to the rims to just below the spokes?
Kevin


Also already on the list of things I am going to do. :banana:
 
I had a Nighthawk 650....shaft drive and hydrolically adjusted valves....vertually a maintenance free bike!
Hey Josh....lots of guys on the ZRXOA site removed the paint on the lower part of the rims.....do a search if you haven't already done so and you can see what stripper worked the best.
 
Josh You are getting the old brain cell to fire a little. I like the black bike but it is a little to black. Thinking of making some changes along the same lines as you. Keep it coming.:clap:
Kevin
 
Hey Josh, as an option; look for a local powder coating business. They can usually bead blast parts. After getting them back; sand with wet/dry, starting with 400, work your way to 1500. Use a polishing wheel with some brown rogue, and maybe some scotch brite pads to get the finish you want.

If you can't find someone local; PM me, be glad to help out with bead blasting.
 
Thread starter
Btw- if any of the 'custom' shops suddenly turn up at a show with this- just mention my screen name for my snits and giggles. I'm not original to the style- but thus far- several years into this model existing, nobody else has done it.
4a185f470577ac4be5a3494d3ece67a3.jpg


How Honda should have done it from the factory!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I think it looks promising. Now step back a few paces and take a photo that includes the whole bike. Probably coming soon...

: )
 
Looks good. THat should really confuse those that wonder if it's a new model or an old one.
 
Back
Top