Dremeled my side covers- what do you think?

That looks like it was a lot of work lol. Mine are covered in road grime and bug guts.
 
Thread starter
Rough idea-
e6601047e6639ec4a2cb94bf875f7389.jpg


a80fae5b3332d01ebc628755c2475855.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I think the 84-85 V45 & V65 Magnas and Sabers had that treatment as well
 
Thread starter
Yes, it is not unprecedented.

My whole intent with all I do to the bike (stepped leather grain seat, sissy bar, chrome chain guard, larger '13 blinkers, more pulled back handlebars, etc) is to make the bike more like what I remember from my youth- bikes of the late 70's-early 80's. In a rock & roll trashy kind of way as opposed to the British cafe racer look that everyone gravitates towards.

By no means am I claiming to be creative or original. Well, maybe for a modern CB1100.

I'm just having fun and making the bike more enjoyable for me. One of my favorite street bikes I've owned was a Kawasaki LTD (trashy version of a KZ instead of the also available sporty versions)

My other street bike is a ZRX1200, also hitting the memory buttons for me.

One of my dirtbikes is a Kawasaki KLX400- which is a factory rebadged Suzuki DRZ400- I redid it with custom parts to emulate a 1980's Kawasaki. I do weird stuff. ;)



 
PowerDubs_imp said:
Yes, it is not unprecedented.

My whole intent with all I do to the bike (stepped leather grain seat, sissy bar, chrome chain guard, larger '13 blinkers, more pulled back handlebars, etc) is to make the bike more like what I remember from my youth- bikes of the late 70's-early 80's. In a rock & roll trashy kind of way as opposed to the British cafe racer look that everyone gravitates towards.

By no means am I claiming to be creative or original. Well, maybe for a modern CB1100.

I'm just having fun and making the bike more enjoyable for me. One of my favorite street bikes I've owned was a Kawasaki LTD (trashy version of a KZ instead of the also available sporty versions)

My other street bike is a ZRX1200, also hitting the memory buttons for me.

One of my dirtbikes is a Kawasaki KLX400- which is a factory rebadged Suzuki DRZ400- I redid it with custom parts to emulate a 1980's Kawasaki. I do weird stuff. ;)




http://s164.photobucket.com/user/powerdubs/media/IMG_4007_zpsg36wnc5b.jpg.html
 
Thread starter
Getting closer. A little more detail work. Then buff the marks out of the black paint, clean well and clearcoat.

I've never done this before and would do it differently if I could start over- but I am happy with how they turned out so far as I had no idea of what I had planned would even work when I took the grinder to the first one!

They have plenty of imperfections but should look good from 5 feet away.

acc878a37aeb10a3bc428bc6d975e721.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Desert viper Wrote:Looks great Josh.....I think the edges of the engine fins would also look great silver like on our ZRX

Already planned- I just haven't got enough beer in me yet to take the grinder to my cyl head!! :D




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
It looks good from here now :P. :D
 
I was holding back a comment because I wasn't sure I liked the rough look you first posted. I was trying to wrap my head around how it would "fit" the look of the CB, what with all its shiny parts and beauty, thinking it would look better on a cafe'd or "flat black" bike look.

BUT...The finished product looks absolutely fantastic and will complement the shiny black nicely. Nice work!
 
Back
Top