The Spaceman_imp
Road warrior
And I'll put this out here on Page 3 for the other side of the issue:Deanohh_imp said:Ok, I'll be the one to pit it out there this time....why wait another 4-5 pages for someone to do it.
A friend of mine put 150000 miles on his wing with no washer at all and never had a problem.
YMMV
I've had 2 30+ year motorcycle mechanics (1 a Honda, 1 a Suzuki specialist) tell me to ALWAYS use a new washer. I have to believe they know what they're talking about.
Using a new crush washer is recommended because it allows you to seal the drain bolt with the low torque specification called for in the manual, and without stretching the bolt. Stripping the threads on a drain plug hole sucks.
The part number is 94109-1400. They're about $1 each and you can buy them here:
Amazon.com: Honda 94109-14000 Oil Drain Plug Gasket Pack of 50 : Automotive
When it's that easy and that cheap, and the manual and experts advise it, why wouldn't you do it?
