Does this Cafe CB1100 belong to anyone here?

Clearly it's not everyone's cup o' tea, but the owner (or somebody) definitely put some hours into it. They must've stripped it down to the frame in order to cut, weld, and then repaint. If it was in the middle of nowhere, it'd probably never sell, but Houston is enormous. There's bound to be someone who wants the trendy 'cafe' look, and would rather just drop some cash than work on it themselves. At least he didn't go all bosozoku with it.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
My mother used to say, 'If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything', so ... I like the green tank.
I like the green tank too, but that's it. Especially offensive are those grips. Ok, I get it, they match the ugly seat but the bike only has 625 miles on it and they already look dirty!

Another plus, he dropped two grand.

See Cormanus? I said something nice....:hello:
 
I thought I'd post some pictures from the Craigslist ad so that future forum viewers can be offended as well.[attachment=12402]
 
I would love to see Honda produce a green tank for the CB1100; it would look good with proper amount of black, chrome, polished silver. But this... eek.
 
I spoke with a really good motorcycle restoring here in Corpus last week about the urge for people to make cafe racers out of a bike. He came up with a really good comment on the issue of these cafe bikes. He said, "I would only do that to a bike that was so far gone, it would be easier to make a cafe bike out it. If it is fixable, restore to OEM the best you can." Maybe not an exact quote, but you get the point. Do not destroy a good bike when there is no need to.
 
Thread starter
Wow! Now I feel bad for the owner and for starting this thread. I actually kinda liked it but, on the other hand, he didn't have any RLETs!
 
CB1100DLX_imp said:
Wow! Now I feel bad for the owner and for starting this thread. I actually kinda liked it but, on the other hand, he didn't have any RLETs!
I just do not see anyway this bike would be comfortable to ride more than to the bar and back. Most Cafe bikes have seats that look like padded plywood, hold the padding please. I would never ride one let alone own one. I too like the green tank and wheels.
 
My first thought is remembering riding my bicycle without a rear fender in the rain and a stripe up my back lol.

Hope a rock wouldn't do the same.
 
Cafe hard seats (hard azz'ed) might be some sort of rite to passage.

Passage of what, dunno, last night's chilli?

In comparison, RLETs are not nearly as annoying, but rather, inviting.
 
CB1100DLX_imp said:
Wow! Now I feel bad for the owner and for starting this thread. I actually kinda liked it but, on the other hand, he didn't have any RLETs!
Yes! All of this acrimony could have been avoided with a simple set of rlets....so sad :s
 
Back
Top