Mixagon_imp
Running like a top
Thread starter
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Good to know!Dave_imp said:Minibikes back in the 60's and 70's used the drive sprocket for the brake rotor. They were cable operated, and about as efficient as Fred Flintstone brakes. They did work slightly better than the scrub brakes, when the scrub brakes were covered in mud and water. The scrub brakes pressed a pad against the tire when you stepped on the peddle.
No question really just opinions maybe, its just a picture I found and having never seen this before thought if I had this setup on a bike would I lube the chain as normal and would it fling into the caliper and maybe run down the disc when parked.PowerDubs_imp said:What bike is this?
Brake sprockets are uncommon...
Not sure what the question is though?
Chain looks 'good enough' - rotor wear looks 'good enough' for old pads that may be grooved themselves...
If anything- are my eyes confusing me- or are the teeth worn in the wrong direction?
I used to brush on gear oil but now use chainsaw oil its anti fling and just stays there.Charlie Bravo_imp said:Even on an X or O ring chain I lube it. You want to lube the sprocket/chain interface, and the links themselves. I brush on 90wt gear oil.
Never considered chainsaw oil. My chainsaw seems to go through a lot of chain oil. :dodgy:Mixagon_imp said:I used to brush on gear oil but now use chainsaw oil its anti fling and just stays there.Charlie Bravo_imp said:Even on an X or O ring chain I lube it. You want to lube the sprocket/chain interface, and the links themselves. I brush on 90wt gear oil.
Give it a try.

lol - It is nearing that time of the season. I am sure Jason didn't worry too much about the former.Cormanus_imp said:I'm hoping it might be possible to own chainsaw oil without owning a chainsaw.
I'm sure its possible just like some own thick gear oil with nowhere to use it nowadays, except on a bike chainCormanus_imp said:I'm hoping it might be possible to own chainsaw oil without owning a chainsaw.

Never considered chainsaw oil. My chainsaw seems to go through a lot of chain oil. :dodgy:GoldOxide_imp said:Never considered chainsaw oil. My chainsaw seems to go through a lot of chain oil. :dodgy:Mixagon_imp said:I used to brush on gear oil but now use chainsaw oil its anti fling and just stays there.Charlie Bravo_imp said:Even on an X or O ring chain I lube it. You want to lube the sprocket/chain interface, and the links themselves. I brush on 90wt gear oil.
Give it a try.
Hmmm, something to consider.![]()
Well I'm sure your bike chain won't go through a lot of chain oil unless you keep sprinkling sawdust on it 
Sorry I don't know its just a picture I found.The Gecko_imp said:Would you please clarify the brand, type and age of the motorcycle shown in the picture ?