DLX for sale on ebay - located in South Carolina

Well there it is! So for all the guys who want one, money talks and BS walks. No whining, it can be purchased. Join those of us that have one.


2014 CB1100 DLX
2013 CB1100 Std
1990 BMW K75 RT
 
Thread starter
Yet again the double mystery:

1. Why someone decides to sell with only a few hundred miles on the odo.

2. All the discussion about wanting one and looking for one, but no excitement when one pops up. The Vermont bike (fully farkled) that that eventually sold after a price reduction to $8500 is another similar mystery case.

I'm not one who prefers the DLX styling. I like the STD tank and 4-into-1.

I'll tell you what's more rare than a DLX still in the crate...a decently-priced CB1100 in the Pacific Northwest!
 
Looks like a great deal for someone .....about $550 + shipping for the parts from Samurider alone.....jump on the buy- it- now before someone else does....
 
This is a smoking deal for what's basically a brand new bike. I bought a new 2013 standard for $8.9k out the door and would have jumped on this in a heartbeat
 
CB360T_imp said:
Yet again the double mystery:

1. Why someone decides to sell with only a few hundred miles on the odo.

2. All the discussion about wanting one and looking for one, but no excitement when one pops up. The Vermont bike (fully farkled) that that eventually sold after a price reduction to $8500 is another similar mystery case.

I'm not one who prefers the DLX styling. I like the STD tank and 4-into-1.

I'll tell you what's more rare than a DLX still in the crate...a decently-priced CB1100 in the Pacific Northwest!
CB360T, Where are you at in the NW? In Portland, I recently bought a '14 Standard for $7940...it seemed decent to me.
 
CB360T_imp said:
Yet again the double mystery:

1. Why someone decides to sell with only a few hundred miles on the odo.

2. All the discussion about wanting one and looking for one, but no excitement when one pops up. The Vermont bike (fully farkled) that that eventually sold after a price reduction to $8500 is another similar mystery case.

I'm not one who prefers the DLX styling. I like the STD tank and 4-into-1.

I'll tell you what's more rare than a DLX still in the crate...a decently-priced CB1100 in the Pacific Northwest!
Lol easy

1. The bike is an impulse buy... Happens, a lot when a manufacturer builds something inspires folks.. The cb1100 looks like the 750 of old. So many folks who either had, or wanted, or read about em, have the chance to go and get one now, so they do.. However, upon purchase it doesn't fit their needs, they prefer sportier bikes, need a two up bike, insurance is too high, etc...

2. See point 1.. They may really want one, but they actually may think about it, and decide it might not fit their lifestyle, but still really want one....

Keep in mind while the cb1100 has styling queues to the older cb750, it isn't the same revolutionary kinda bike that will redefine the industry. I won't argue it's way more refined and an almost too perfect modern reproduction. However, after one is done admiring it, if you ride one, or read a review,while fun to ride, it's not revolutionary.. Don't get me wrong, it's fun and puts a grin on my face, but it's not as if I have conquered anything. I love it for its reliability and being able to throw a leg over it and go on a moments notice. However, I can see where not everyone would be willing to buy or get a bike for let's say more utilitarian purposes, than pure exitement, or do so and it isn't enough.
 
Thread starter
I am up near Seattle. Deals here nowhere near as good as what I routinely see posted in the East and Midwest. Plus very few used bikes seem to ever come up and when they do, they are higher than a used bike w/o warranty ought to be compared to new. Those owners probably bought before the Bonus Bucks came out, so their idea of market value is off by $1k from the getgo.


pdedse_imp said:
CB360T_imp said:
Yet again the double mystery:

1. Why someone decides to sell with only a few hundred miles on the odo.

2. All the discussion about wanting one and looking for one, but no excitement when one pops up. The Vermont bike (fully farkled) that that eventually sold after a price reduction to $8500 is another similar mystery case.

I'm not one who prefers the DLX styling. I like the STD tank and 4-into-1.

I'll tell you what's more rare than a DLX still in the crate...a decently-priced CB1100 in the Pacific Northwest!
CB360T, Where are you at in the NW? In Portland, I recently bought a '14 Standard for $7940...it seemed decent to me.
CB360T, Where are you at in the NW? In Portland, I recently bought a '14 Standard for $7940...it seemed decent to me.
 
Seattle has a very high cost of living index vs. anywhere in the midwest and central east. Their bills to keep their doors open are far larger than that of MW & E dealers.
That is the main reason why you won't find dealer prices being as competitive as what you're seeing on the other side of the country, all things being equal.
 
CB360T_imp said:
Yet again the double mystery:

1. Why someone decides to sell with only a few hundred miles on the odo.

2. All the discussion about wanting one and looking for one, but no excitement when one pops up. The Vermont bike (fully farkled) that that eventually sold after a price reduction to $8500 is another similar mystery case.

I'm not one who prefers the DLX styling. I like the STD tank and 4-into-1.

I'll tell you what's more rare than a DLX still in the crate...a decently-priced CB1100 in the Pacific Northwest!
I90 Motorsports in Issaquah had a 2013 standard in their showroom when I was there about a month ago. Not sure if used or new or the price though. That's where I found mine as well.
 
Thread starter
Thanks for the leads in Issaquah and Woodinville. I was really wanting a 2013. I like black, but the all-black is still something that I'm less than wild about. They make a retro bike, but I don't recall all black bikes in the 70's?? Black with the silver engine (as on the DLX) would have been great. If it even had some silver on the wheels (like on a 2013 STD), that probably would be enough to break it up).

By the way, that DLX is gone. Looks like it was pulled from ebay. I wonder who got it? Maybe they will surface on this forum.
 
They sold the last new 2013 at Ride within a week of me picking up my used 2013 there last spring. I will let you know if I come across any other 2013's.
 
CB360T_imp said:
Thanks for the leads in Issaquah and Woodinville. I was really wanting a 2013. I like black, but the all-black is still something that I'm less than wild about. They make a retro bike, but I don't recall all black bikes in the 70's?? Black with the silver engine (as on the DLX) would have been great. If it even had some silver on the wheels (like on a 2013 STD), that probably would be enough to break it up).

By the way, that DLX is gone. Looks like it was pulled from ebay. I wonder who got it? Maybe they will surface on this forum.
If you waited around til 1980, Yamaha started delivering several models of their blacked out "Midnight Special".

c2ff668723dce5850d7b39d1f2ad5dbd.jpg
 
Flynrider_imp said:
CB360T_imp said:
Thanks for the leads in Issaquah and Woodinville. I was really wanting a 2013. I like black, but the all-black is still something that I'm less than wild about. They make a retro bike, but I don't recall all black bikes in the 70's?? Black with the silver engine (as on the DLX) would have been great. If it even had some silver on the wheels (like on a 2013 STD), that probably would be enough to break it up).

By the way, that DLX is gone. Looks like it was pulled from ebay. I wonder who got it? Maybe they will surface on this forum.
If you waited around til 1980, Yamaha started delivering several models of their blacked out "Midnight Special".

c2ff668723dce5850d7b39d1f2ad5dbd.jpg
Those were stunning motorcycles...
 
Back
Top