DLX for sale on ebay - located in South Carolina

Just to close out this thread, I'm the lucky buyer. Bought it within hours of seeing the add. Located Lake James, NC. Since this picture, have added engine guards, hiway pegs, OEM rear carrier, Sardine tall billet backrest and Interstate tail bag with cooler inside. I've put about 300 miles in it, can't wait for warmer weather!
 
The A-man_imp said:
Just to close out this thread, I'm the lucky buyer. Bought it within hours of seeing the add. Located Lake James, NC. Since this picture, have added engine guards, hiway pegs, OEM rear carrier, Sardine tall billet backrest and Interstate tail bag with cooler inside. I've put about 300 miles in it, can't wait for warmer weather!
Congrats on the new bike, A-man! Looks like you got a great deal on it.

What is a "Sardine tall billet backrest". There are few backrest options for this bike and I don't think I've seen that one.
 
Flynrider_imp said:
The A-man_imp said:
Just to close out this thread, I'm the lucky buyer. Bought it within hours of seeing the add. Located Lake James, NC. Since this picture, have added engine guards, hiway pegs, OEM rear carrier, Sardine tall billet backrest and Interstate tail bag with cooler inside. I've put about 300 miles in it, can't wait for warmer weather!
Congrats on the new bike, A-man! Looks like you got a great deal on it.

What is a "Sardine tall billet backrest". There are few backrest options for this bike and I don't think I've seen that one.
Google thinks he means Jardine instead of sardine.
 
Sorry, yes it's Jardine. Autocorrect got me. I drilled 4 holes in the OEOM rack and secured with 40mm and 50mm long bolts. I'll have to figure out how to attach pics
 
The A-man_imp said:
Sorry, yes it's Jardine. Autocorrect got me. I drilled 4 holes in the OEOM rack and secured with 40mm and 50mm long bolts. I'll have to figure out how to attach pics
Thanks. I have seen that mod with the shorter backrest. Looking forward to pics.

You can add a pic as an attachment to your post (attachment box is just above the "post reply' button), or you can use a photo hosting site like Photobucket or Flickr and paste the link directly in your post.

Here's a thread about posting pics :

Posting Pics for newbies
 
quietguy_imp said:
Flynrider_imp said:
CB360T_imp said:
Thanks for the leads in Issaquah and Woodinville. I was really wanting a 2013. I like black, but the all-black is still something that I'm less than wild about. They make a retro bike, but I don't recall all black bikes in the 70's?? Black with the silver engine (as on the DLX) would have been great. If it even had some silver on the wheels (like on a 2013 STD), that probably would be enough to break it up).

By the way, that DLX is gone. Looks like it was pulled from ebay. I wonder who got it? Maybe they will surface on this forum.
If you waited around til 1980, Yamaha started delivering several models of their blacked out "Midnight Special".

c2ff668723dce5850d7b39d1f2ad5dbd.jpg
Those were stunning motorcycles...
Those were stunning motorcycles...
I was stationed in England 1983-1986. I bought a used 1982 Yamaha Maxim 650. Same bike not blacked out. I rode that bike all over the country. I loved it, great bike.
 
Hondahawkrider_imp said:
CB360T_imp said:
Yet again the double mystery:

1. Why someone decides to sell with only a few hundred miles on the odo.

2. All the discussion about wanting one and looking for one, but no excitement when one pops up. The Vermont bike (fully farkled) that that eventually sold after a price reduction to $8500 is another similar mystery case.

I'm not one who prefers the DLX styling. I like the STD tank and 4-into-1.

I'll tell you what's more rare than a DLX still in the crate...a decently-priced CB1100 in the Pacific Northwest!
Lol easy

1. The bike is an impulse buy... Happens, a lot when a manufacturer builds something inspires folks.. The cb1100 looks like the 750 of old. So many folks who either had, or wanted, or read about em, have the chance to go and get one now, so they do.. However, upon purchase it doesn't fit their needs, they prefer sportier bikes, need a two up bike, insurance is too high, etc...

2. See point 1.. They may really want one, but they actually may think about it, and decide it might not fit their lifestyle, but still really want one....

Keep in mind while the cb1100 has styling queues to the older cb750, it isn't the same revolutionary kinda bike that will redefine the industry. I won't argue it's way more refined and an almost too perfect modern reproduction. However, after one is done admiring it, if you ride one, or read a review,while fun to ride, it's not revolutionary.. Don't get me wrong, it's fun and puts a grin on my face, but it's not as if I have conquered anything. I love it for its reliability and being able to throw a leg over it and go on a moments notice. However, I can see where not everyone would be willing to buy or get a bike for let's say more utilitarian purposes, than pure exitement, or do so and it isn't enough.
Lol easy

1. The bike is an impulse buy... Happens, a lot when a manufacturer builds something inspires folks.. The cb1100 looks like the 750 of old. So many folks who either had, or wanted, or read about em, have the chance to go and get one now, so they do.. However, upon purchase it doesn't fit their needs, they prefer sportier bikes, need a two up bike, insurance is too high, etc...

2. See point 1.. They may really want one, but they actually may think about it, and decide it might not fit their lifestyle, but still really want one....
So true! I went to a bike show last summer and the local Honda dealer brought a CB1100. I fell in love with it, had to have it. I negotiated a pretty good deal for the standard in red, but then when I started thinking about the logistics of going to get it, ride it home for an hour (weather was iffy that weekend) I realized that my enthusiasm was waning. The more I thought about it, the more I remembered the reasons that I stopped riding a few years ago. Those reasons haven't changed, and I've gotten even older and slower since then. So I never did make the plunge.

I was at the gym a couple of weeks ago, and one of the trainers there had an old CB650/4 that he had just put back together. We talked for a while, and I realized that he was my size, so I gave him one of my old riding suits. These young guys, they've got no money for proper gear. He was thrilled.

I've still got a helmet and some other suits, you know, just in case...
 
Beemer Guy, I'm 67 and flew from Orlando to Toledo to pick up my sons CB end of '14. Rode it back in 3 days visiting The Dragon at Deals Gap on the way. I'm picking up my new XSR900 Yamaha 60th Anniversary at the same dealer when it's delivered next month. Taking a couple more days this time ;)
Hope you get the desire to return to two wheels some day.
 
CB360T_imp said:
Yet again the double mystery:

1. Why someone decides to sell with only a few hundred miles on the odo.

2. All the discussion about wanting one and looking for one, but no excitement when one pops up. The Vermont bike (fully farkled) that that eventually sold after a price reduction to $8500 is another similar mystery case.

I'm not one who prefers the DLX styling. I like the STD tank and 4-into-1.

I'll tell you what's more rare than a DLX still in the crate...a decently-priced CB1100 in the Pacific Northwest!
That's easy, because most internet keyboard commandos are full of it...it's easy to talk a good game on a forum, but like someone above said, money talks, BS walks. Lots of BS walking!!
 
BS walks? Not round here it doesn't. Just sits on the ground steaming.
 
Back
Top