Die Hard Battery

Tom_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Advance AP has a Die Hard battery that is listed at 120 cold crank amps but it is not officially listed for my 2013 standard. It looks to be the exact size. If this was a car, I would say a battery is more or less a battery, but they won't take it back if doesn't work. Anyone using a Die Hard Gold AGM power sport battery? TX9 10/21. I assume 10/21 is manufacturing date.

Thanks
 
I've used a Die Hard from AAP for the pst year. No issues. I remember thinking that 120 cca sounded low, but it's been fine. Much better than the Li-on that it replaced, and half the price.
 
The A-man_imp said:
I've used a Die Hard from AAP for the pst year. No issues. I remember thinking that 120 cca sounded low, but it's been fine. Much better than the Li-on that it replaced, and half the price.
Hmm, 120 CCA in a North Carolina winter? Consistently viable - likely.

Could be tricky in winter anywhere around the Great Lakes for folks who don't have Garage Queens.
 
Depending on how much it gets ridden. Once a week for a good romp? No issues. Once a month? Keep it on a tender with a moisture proof pigtail so you can just disconnect it and go.
 
120CCA is not enough for an extended period of time. I had an EverStart battery with 120CCA and it failed after about 4 months... new battery and always on a tender.
I bought one from batterystuff for about $70 and has 230CCA.
 
Thread starter
Thanks all I replaced it with what was in their already. A Shotgun YTZ14S which is apparently for a few Yamahaws. Just notice that now. Cheaper than the die hard and better power.
 
Back
Top