Did You Name Your CB?

fritzwilliger, does that have something to do with a song containing a line about a 'dexterous flick of his muscular wrist'? :D
 
Jane Honda. Absolutely not related to Jane "Laughing while sitting on a North Vietnamese AA gun" Fonda.
I toasted her tonight with two fingers of Eagle Rare after a spirited run. On the center stand and battery tender she shall go. Chicago winter is coming...
4da881e807c5141625b0afce0ec65f75.jpg
 
kilo6, Did you toast Jane or Jane? :D

Your link doesn't work, I'm afraid.
 
My car is a blue Subaru WRX, named Stitch, because it can be good or bad depending... Wife named my CB1100 "Precious", not in a good way, after the last repair bill came due, despite the insurance paying it eventually, she seems to think it should cost less to fix even after accidents. I'm not sure the reasoning. So "Precious" it is.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
kilo6, Did you toast Jane or Jane? :D

Your link doesn't work, I'm afraid.
Jane Fonda would burst into flames if she attempted to do her workout with me!
Bummer the link doesn't work. It was a spectacular image of a 2013 CB1100 and Bourbon.
 
I never named my CB, but I called the ST 1300 "STarship" for it's ability to transport me cross country at warp speed, and call the FJR 1300 "Big Blue" like Paul Bunyon's Ox cause it's tall and heavy..and blue lol
 
Cripes. Never. None of my bikes. I barely call it "CB" ... maybe just for this forum. The Yamaha RD400, I referred to it as the "RD", Seca "Seca", Virago 1100 "Virago", etc. etc. I think I naturally refer to it as "the bike". Kinda like calling a dog "Dawg". (*yawn*). Exciting, eh?
 
My R1150RT was Fritz, my Bonneville was Nigel so my 8 year old granddaughter named my CB "Beauty" and my R90/6 "The Beast". I think she got them about right.
 
I've never been one to name bikes or cars. However, my CB has recently acquired a name, no thanks to me.

My wife's daughter and grandchildren have been visiting from overseas. The eldest, a girl, is currently enamoured of the 4-legged kind of horse (not the sort to frequent the lodge at Robbinsville) The CB was parked in the drive the other day while I was doing something in the garage. I went outside to find she had commandeered it. Placed on the centre stand with a rope tied to the handlebars to simulate reins and the CB's upright seating position made it an ideal vehicle (sorry) to practice some rudimentary riding skills.

The next day there was a mention of the motorcycle.

'It's not a motorcycle; it's Felicity,' my granddaughter corrected me.

Felicity, she will be.

Note: If my resurrecting this topic provokes memories, other big thread is here.
 
Back
Top