Did You Name Your CB?

My CB1100 EX is called Miss Piggy.

I got stung by a bee and pulled over onto the soft shoulder of a 2 lane country road. Before I could get my jacket off, I got stung again. While I was busy shedding my jacket and T-shirt, my foot slipped in the sand of the soft shoulder and the bike decided to take a nap on the side of the road. Fortunately I was able to lay her down gently on the sandy slope beside the road.

But here I am half naked on a lonely back road with nobody around to help lift her back up. I tried the usual method of lifting a bike: bike in gear, butt against the side of the seat, one hand on the handle bar, the other on the chrome handle under the seat, and lift with you legs to save your back. But this is a 560 pound motorcycle snoozing on the slope of the shoulder. My feet just slipped in the sand.

I decided to wait for help. But after 10 minutes realized that I was wasting my time on this lonely back road. So I went to the top side of the bike where the slope was firmer and tried to lift her back up. The air turned blue and the nicest thing I remember saying was "you fat pig". After an agonizing struggle she upright again.

Every morning when I wake my back reminds me of the incident. So she has become know as Miss Piggy. I think it is apt. She is kind of cute in an old fashion way, stout for her size, and definitely top heavy.
 
I sometimes name a bike (or car, or guitar). I'm waiting for my CB to pick the name. I know it needs one, but the right set of circumstances hasn't come along yet and picked one.
 
All vehicles in the household have names beginning with a B. Why B? No reason but once the first was named Betty, the other names began with the same letter. So the CB is named Bernadette.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Lol

Nike

I misspelled "bike" as Nike on my first post here the day I went to Georgia to pick it up.

It started a whole bunch of "just do it" post

So it stuck
 
I named my '76 CB Rosie, inspired by the gorgeous burgundy tank and not being a creative individual.

I ride my '14 CB for a season and a half before the tea leaves produced Selena - sexy, powerful, fit. Seems very suitable this time around and not just based on the colour!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Claudia

As in Claudia Lennear
She's:
Black
Beautiful
Sounds Incredible
Is so smooth between my legs I feel like I'm cheating on my wife every time I'm on her.
The bike that is....

crutch
 
I didn't but the Girlfriend did. The '13 CB is the "Beauty" and the '75 BMW R90/6 is the "Beast". She's a great Disney fan and the bikes are aptly named.
 
My 1998 Triumph Thunderbird Sport has always been Mary. She was the test-ride bike at the 1998 Daytona Bike Week model introduction. I got her with 400 miles on the clock, and who knows how many lovers she had that week. So I named her after the biblical (reformed) prostitute. She's pretty, fast & loose but has a good heart. She spent a lot of time on the street and she's a STrumpet. (Strumpet=cuss, Trumpet=Triumph)

I think I will name my new CB1100 Susan, after the Terry Pratchett character. She's black, appropriate for Death's grandaughter, she has a ridgid professionalism, she has an uncanny ability to teach, and has the power to manipulate time. She also tolerates no nonsense.
 
The Spaceman_imp said:
I've always named my bikes and cars. And boats, of course.

My kid named the CB "HAL," after the HAL 9000 computer in 2001 a Space Odyssey. He said the color reminds him of HAL's glowing red eye.
Mine is Jigsaw because the plate I got from DMV was JGSW!
 
After riding my EX for a few days, seeing and feeling how that big Four handles anything and everything with such aplomb, I named her The Big Pussycat.
 
Miyuki

name with many meanings- beautiful snow, deep snow, beautiful fortune, and my favorite- "beautiful reason for history"
 
Buster.

It's how I name anything, dog, cat, house, car, bike. I just look at it and say 'what's your name?' and it comes to me, clear as if it was spoken. He looks like a Buster.
 
Never named any bike of mine, but when I was selling my 2013 CB the new owner instantly named it Suzan after his wife before leaving my driveway.
 
The Spaceman_imp said:
I've always named my bikes and cars. And boats, of course.

My kid named the CB "HAL," after the HAL 9000 computer in 2001 a Space Odyssey. He said the color reminds him of HAL's glowing red eye.
2014 standard. "Black Beauty"
 
Back
Top