Did You Name Your CB?

My brother surfs and windsurfs and is also my business partner. I hear one half of the above-posted telephone dialogue a couple of times/week in the summer with only the addition of the phrases "did you check buoy data" and "which way's it blowin'?" and various references to the size of the sail. If you think that motorcyclists are equipment-centric, try talking to a windsurfer. LOL
 
Call her Rhonda, I have always named bikes, cars, guitars. Besides it gets the wife all aggravated when I tell and her friends "I am leaving to spend some quality time with Rhonda."
 
Stratman_imp said:
Call her Rhonda, I have always named bikes, cars, guitars. Besides it gets the wife all aggravated when I tell and her friends "I am leaving to spend some quality time with Rhonda."
Reminds me of a time when I was out of town and my wife called. She asked what I was up to and I told her I was hanging out with Stella. She asked who Stella was and if she had ever met her. I thought she had picked up on my joke so I played along, telling her that she had DEFINITELY met Stella before and she was the one with the beautiful neck and nice curves. At that point, the annoyance in my wife's voice let me know that she hadn't picked up on my joke and I had to convince her I was talking about the beer! We still joke about it and she still gets a little annoyed whenever I bring it up. Haha.
 
My wife had a similar reaction when I told her Karen and I had managed to navigate our way into some city or another. It took a while to mollify her, even after I explained that Karen was the name of the voice on my GPS.

By the way, MG, if you're looking for Stella, she's hiding in my fridge.
 
As I said before I didn't name by bike. I should have mentioned that my wife tells her friends when they ask where I went "he's out riding his Japanese mistress" :D
 
Blockhead_imp said:
As I said before I didn't name by bike. I should have mentioned that my wife tells her friends when they ask where I went "he's out riding his Japanese mistress" :D
Who are we to judge? Open marriages work great for some couples. Haha.
 
metallyguitarded_imp said:
Blockhead_imp said:
As I said before I didn't name by bike. I should have mentioned that my wife tells her friends when they ask where I went "he's out riding his Japanese mistress" :D
Who are we to judge? Open marriages work great for some couples. Haha.
You mean, to ride more than one motorcycle? :D
 
Django_imp said:
metallyguitarded_imp said:
Blockhead_imp said:
As I said before I didn't name by bike. I should have mentioned that my wife tells her friends when they ask where I went "he's out riding his Japanese mistress" :D
Who are we to judge? Open marriages work great for some couples. Haha.
You mean, to ride more than one motorcycle? :D
You mean, to ride more than one motorcycle? :D
Haha! Yes, that works too. Now that I'm lucky enough to have two motorcycles and an amazing wife, I've joked that the three of them are "sister wives."
 
LongRanger_imp said:
Thanks Cormanus. Feel free to delete this thread.
OH NO! The fun has just begun!
I don't name them. My wife does:
"Bad Boy" 14 CB11 Standard (she said 'that looks like a bad boy's bike')
"The Grape" 72 Suzuki GT750J (purple)
"The Mistress" 86 K100RT (cause it was 19, fast and dirty)
"Frankenbike" 90 K100LT (bought totaled and rebuilt)
"Large Marge" 00 ST11 (self explanatory)

and others with names or reasons not appropriate for this family venue.
She is a fire cracker, she is.
Jim
 
Back
Top