Did You Name Your CB?

I have named some of my other bikes, but not yet the CB1100. The only thing that comes to mind is 'WOW!'
 
In Canada they are quite rare. Only 75 brought here (my bike is number 5!). People think it's a very well restored bike. I get comments almost every day.
 
Hey Dangergirl, where the heck you been? Out riding?
 
The ferret_imp said:
Hey Dangergirl, where the heck you been? Out riding?
Ferret,

I was wondering the same thing! I thought she bailed...:huh:

Glad to see she is back :)
 
Funny, I always name my vintage cars, but never the new ones or my motorcycles.
The CB is always just "The Honda" when I'm referring to it, which I guess works out OK, since when I bought it, I had four bikes, all from different mfrs.
Love the color, though...may have to come up with something related to that.
 
Someone suggested Phoebe, as in 'Phoebe the CeeBee', but I find that I only tend to name her in moments where our relationship is going through, shall we say, a rough patch; most of those names would never be allowed to appear on this forum (some, in fact, would earn me a lifetime ban....)
 
Geez. All you guys (and gal) naming your bikes! I've never named any of mine. I'm thinking I should come up with a good one. And it's not that I'm against naming inanimate objects. I've named all my surfboards over the years. I'll come up with something...
 
....you name your surfboards? ...like what?
 
Just like hondahoarder, I also named my bike Ruby. That was my mothers name and along with the nice red color, it just seemed appropriate.
 
I've only named boats; never cars or bikes. I do have vanity plates on my bike which contains the letters MC which are my initials as well as the Roman numeral for 1100. Closest I've been to naming a bike, I guess.
 
Excellent Django. LOL
 
I've named every vehicle I've had. The CB is name Hiroko, after the character from the "Mars" trilogy, which I was reading when I purchased her, by Kim Stanley Robinson. In the book she's a beautiful, brilliant, mystical sort of scientist-cum-cult leader who plays a part in creating a Martian culture/religion.
I also just like the sound of Hiroko Honda
 
The ferret_imp said:
....you name your surfboards? ...like what?
Let's see, there's Betty. She's a large girl. Easy going and dependable. Once she gets her mind set on a direction she wants to go, she's hard to convince otherwise. But she's fun. There's something to be said about bigger women. She's 9'6 with a classic shape.

Then there's Foo. Foo is what is known as an "egg" shaped board. The name derived from egg foo young. Foo is my go to board. 7'6, rounded nose, tri-fin with just a bit of rocker. Easy to paddle, very maneuverable, catches just about anything. Perfect for the 3' to 6' swells we tend to get here in San Diego.

When I was younger (and lighter) and more athletic, I had a 6'2 thruster that was very thin, very fast, sexy and wild. She was all red and I named her after the woman who (at the time, at least) I thought was sexiest redhead around. Nicole Kidman. I referred to my board as Nicky.

Typical conversation goes something like this:

My brother: "Hey, wanna hit the surf? I'm looking at the cam right now and 15th Street looks like it's pumpin."

Me: "Awesome! What are they callin it?"

My brother: "The report is saying 2 to 3 but I'm looking at it and it looks like it's easily shoulder high with some bigger sets rollin through. You might want to take Foo out."

Me: "I'd like to see how Betty does in some of the bigger stuff. I think I'll bring her instead."

We sound like silly teenagers. I know. I think it's the salt water. Tends to preserve immaturity.
 
Gnarly dude :thumbsup:

If we would see a wave here, however high, it would be armageddon

But seriously those sound like my brothers kayaks..one is good for this, one is good for that, one is fast and sleek, one is slow and steady
 
Back
Top