Delkevic 9" and a bunch of other small mods - Pictures!

x(why)z_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Glad you dig it!

misterprofessionality_imp said:
x(why)z_imp said:
misterprofessionality_imp said:
x(why)z_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
Looking good.
Thanks!

Ben70_imp said:
Hi x(why)z! Plugging the air injection intake with a ball bearing or such should reduce or eliminate the popping. Remove left side cover, may need to lift rear of tank, remove rubber hose from front of air cleaner box, plug hose and reconnect. Not legal where applicable, blah, blah, blah...
Nice looking mods!

Ben
Awesome tip. I'm going to look into this next weekend.

Flynrider_imp said:
Here's the original thread for the PAIR valve mod. By all reports, it should take care of your popping on deceleration.

PAIR Valve Mod
Much appreciated!

misterprofessionality_imp said:
looking great! it's good to see another delky out and about on the road. i went for the 8" round myself, but i didn't pair it with the delkevic headers, i used a set of titanium pipes instead.

are the delkevic headers cat free i wonder?

Also, on the Pros list, you forgot a very big one: superior weight. there's almost nothing on the market for our CB lighter than a short Delkevic.
Yep, cat free, but they have the bung for the O2 sensor which I reinstalled after making a tool using a 17mm wrench.

And you're right! The weight difference was insane. And, I may have a miscalibrated butt dyno, but it felt like it had a few extra ponies.

GoldOxide_imp said:
Alright, yeah.

Critical eye might say not complete without RLETs. Yeah, eyes speak.
I literally had to google this. haha

Retsel_imp said:
Not sure how you can get any serious ride pleasure ridding that thing without RLETS!
cb42613a35d94d61d2dc72eaf7d6b355.png


Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
I'll order some to humor you and goldoxide!

Houtman_imp said:
Looks good and I am certain that it sounds great as well.
Sure do! Vid incoming.

Bheezy27403_imp said:
Finally someone put on the full Delkevic system!

Yes a video link would be great. Video never does a system/pipe justice but I can get an idea. Wish you would have put up a tutorial but I guess I'll let that slide. Do it by yourself or have a second pair of hands?
Thanks! I'm pretty happy with it.

And I can make a tutorial no problem. I learned a lot along the way. And I did it by myself in about an hour and twenty minutes from start to finish. I think it would be doable in half that if you knew what you were doing.

I just shot a short video, so I'll upload it. This weekend I'll try and find my gopro to really capture something on the road.
cool! if it's cat free and you've got that new muffler on there, reflash the FI unit or get a PCV and you'll really start to feel the benefits. even better if you de-snorkel it.

Are you coming to the Rally? we need more delky out there.
cool! if it's cat free and you've got that new muffler on there, reflash the FI unit or get a PCV and you'll really start to feel the benefits. even better if you de-snorkel it.

Are you coming to the Rally? we need more delky out there.
PCV is on the list! My wife is starting to ask questions...

As for the rally, I wish I could. I'm a professor and we start back that week.

12milesout_imp said:
What mirrors are those?
SMT Moto. Here is a link!

Cormanus_imp said:
Thanks! After two days, I'm wondering if it is a bit loud... Scares the wildlife.

lol! don't worry yourself...thats still not so bad. you should hear mine.

lol! don't worry yourself...thats still not so bad. you should hear mine.
Sometimes I feel like a delinquent. haha
Bheezy27403_imp said:
I doubt you'll be disappointed. Hopefully tomorrow I can get a flyby with the help of my wife.

Glad you dig it!

misterprofessionality_imp said:
misterprofessionality_imp said:
x(why)z_imp said:
misterprofessionality_imp said:
x(why)z_imp said:
Much appreciated!

misterprofessionality_imp said:
looking great! it's good to see another delky out and about on the road. i went for the 8" round myself, but i didn't pair it with the delkevic headers, i used a set of titanium pipes instead.

are the delkevic headers cat free i wonder?

Also, on the Pros list, you forgot a very big one: superior weight. there's almost nothing on the market for our CB lighter than a short Delkevic.
Yep, cat free, but they have the bung for the O2 sensor which I reinstalled after making a tool using a 17mm wrench.

And you're right! The weight difference was insane. And, I may have a miscalibrated butt dyno, but it felt like it had a few extra ponies.

GoldOxide_imp said:
Alright, yeah.

Critical eye might say not complete without RLETs. Yeah, eyes speak.
I literally had to google this. haha

Retsel_imp said:
Not sure how you can get any serious ride pleasure ridding that thing without RLETS!
cb42613a35d94d61d2dc72eaf7d6b355.png


Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
I'll order some to humor you and goldoxide!

Houtman_imp said:
Looks good and I am certain that it sounds great as well.
Sure do! Vid incoming.

Bheezy27403_imp said:
Finally someone put on the full Delkevic system!

Yes a video link would be great. Video never does a system/pipe justice but I can get an idea. Wish you would have put up a tutorial but I guess I'll let that slide. Do it by yourself or have a second pair of hands?
Thanks! I'm pretty happy with it.

And I can make a tutorial no problem. I learned a lot along the way. And I did it by myself in about an hour and twenty minutes from start to finish. I think it would be doable in half that if you knew what you were doing.

I just shot a short video, so I'll upload it. This weekend I'll try and find my gopro to really capture something on the road.
cool! if it's cat free and you've got that new muffler on there, reflash the FI unit or get a PCV and you'll really start to feel the benefits. even better if you de-snorkel it.

Are you coming to the Rally? we need more delky out there.
cool! if it's cat free and you've got that new muffler on there, reflash the FI unit or get a PCV and you'll really start to feel the benefits. even better if you de-snorkel it.

Are you coming to the Rally? we need more delky out there.
PCV is on the list! My wife is starting to ask questions...

As for the rally, I wish I could. I'm a professor and we start back that week.

12milesout_imp said:
What mirrors are those?
SMT Moto. Here is a link!

Cormanus_imp said:
Thanks! After two days, I'm wondering if it is a bit loud... Scares the wildlife.

lol! don't worry yourself...thats still not so bad. you should hear mine.

lol! don't worry yourself...thats still not so bad. you should hear mine.
Sometimes I feel like a delinquent. haha
Bheezy27403_imp said:
I doubt you'll be disappointed. Hopefully tomorrow I can get a flyby with the help of my wife.
That would be great! Thank you. Sometimes I'm a bit of a delinquent too!:angel:
 
Thanks for the post. Sounds pretty good I think. Definitely not an expensive experiment if one doesn't like the finished product. It's a go for me this winter.

P.S. At least mine isn't the only CB to CLUNK into 1st gear.
 
Thread starter
Bheezy27403_imp said:
Thanks for the post. Sounds pretty good I think. Definitely not an expensive experiment if one doesn't like the finished product. It's a go for me this winter.

P.S. At least mine isn't the only CB to CLUNK into 1st gear.
Worth the $350.00 for sure. I don't know if I'll keep it on there long term as I've got my eye on the Pipemasters, but as an interim system, I'm into it.

And I don't think I've owned a bike other than a little DR200 that didn't clunk. My CB doesn't always do it, but if the conditions are right, it clunks like crazy.

mattvoyle_imp said:
How's the performance with the new headers? Do you feel like it needs a fuel map?
My butt dyno says it picked up a few ponies. Maybe I'm crazy, but I feel the front wheel coming up much more readily in first and second. I hadn't done a power wheelie on my CB until last week after installing it. Maybe the extra noise just motivated me to try, but it feels like it has a bit more spring in its step. Stock fueling is just fine, actually! I was worried about it, but it is as smooth as ever. No change whatsoever. I kept the O2 sensor as Delkevic has a bung mounted on the mid-pipe.

I'm going to do a PCV pretty soon here and have it on the dyno and I'll report back on what I find.
 
Thread starter
ryanschillinger_imp said:
I have the long oval muffler and debating these headers.

I think it is worth it given the low price of entry. I have no regrets. I don't ride all that often anymore due to having a one-year-old, but when I do, I'm very happy with the extra dose of performance since the upgrade.
 
Yeah I used to ride 5-7 days per week. Now we have a 2.5 year old. I’ve only ridden a probably dozen times in the last couple years. It sucks but I definitely still enjoy getting out there when I have the chance.
 
Back
Top