Delkevic 9" and a bunch of other small mods - Pictures!

x(why)z_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Hi all!

I spent a few hours today installing a Delkevic 9" muffler and stainless exhaust. I also fitted some new mirrors, a milled oil cap from a fellow member, and plasti-dipped panels.

I'm going to do a full frame re-paint, tank re-paint and spoked wheels next year, so I decided to go ahead with some simple mods to see what I like.

If anyone wants links, I'm happy to post them. I can also make some videos of the new pipes and how they sound.

A quick review:
Pros
- Deeper sound at idle, but not too loud
- Amazing upper-end howl
- Competitive price
- Superb fit and finish
- Easy installation (at least once I made a 17mm O2 sensor tool from a husky wrench)
Cons
- No instructions in the box
- Maybe a few too many pops on deceleration

In anticipation of new wheels next year, I did a (terrible) gold rim tape to see if I liked it.

I've also got a Renthal bar, Renthal grips, Emgo windshield and a couple of other bits. Anyway, on to photos.

Let me know if you want videos to hear the new setup! I'd also be happy to show folks how to make a simple O2 sensor tool or do a tutorial on the whole process. I made mistakes that are easy to rectify if you know what to do.

ec5582040a04d99414eaacb1b086797c.jpg

e583963e596f87ea72dfcf247421652a.jpg

a6590ce3205cf671231b93cef35b766e.jpg

b4019ce3a4fb6895b0c39940e26df78c.jpg

a229049c61c5656356802e35d9ccdf4c.jpg

fde04b1bd9be097bca3579f169b85a2d.jpg

8eeeaf9b5c173f083a3e3f20dfa75bd0.jpg

5373c392849c301cfd580e5514f3d0ac.jpg


I should mention that with the O2 sensor reinstalled in the new collector, I've had no warning lights and no fueling issues. Delkevic really did their homework. This kit is insanely well done for the money.

Edit:
For those wondering, I'm sporting Metzler Z8s for tires. I've also replaced the signal lights with some I bought from a fellow forumer member that they sourced from Samurider.
 
Hi x(why)z! Plugging the air injection intake with a ball bearing or such should reduce or eliminate the popping. Remove left side cover, may need to lift rear of tank, remove rubber hose from front of air cleaner box, plug hose and reconnect. Not legal where applicable, blah, blah, blah...
Nice looking mods!

Ben
 
looking great! it's good to see another delky out and about on the road. i went for the 8" round myself, but i didn't pair it with the delkevic headers, i used a set of titanium pipes instead.

are the delkevic headers cat free i wonder?

Also, on the Pros list, you forgot a very big one: superior weight. there's almost nothing on the market for our CB lighter than a short Delkevic.
 
Not sure how you can get any serious ride pleasure ridding that thing without RLETS!
cb42613a35d94d61d2dc72eaf7d6b355.png


Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
 
Finally someone put on the full Delkevic system!

Yes a video link would be great. Video never does a system/pipe justice but I can get an idea. Wish you would have put up a tutorial but I guess I'll let that slide. Do it by yourself or have a second pair of hands?
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
Looking good.
Thanks!

Ben70_imp said:
Hi x(why)z! Plugging the air injection intake with a ball bearing or such should reduce or eliminate the popping. Remove left side cover, may need to lift rear of tank, remove rubber hose from front of air cleaner box, plug hose and reconnect. Not legal where applicable, blah, blah, blah...
Nice looking mods!

Ben
Awesome tip. I'm going to look into this next weekend.

Flynrider_imp said:
Here's the original thread for the PAIR valve mod. By all reports, it should take care of your popping on deceleration.

PAIR Valve Mod
Much appreciated!

misterprofessionality_imp said:
looking great! it's good to see another delky out and about on the road. i went for the 8" round myself, but i didn't pair it with the delkevic headers, i used a set of titanium pipes instead.

are the delkevic headers cat free i wonder?

Also, on the Pros list, you forgot a very big one: superior weight. there's almost nothing on the market for our CB lighter than a short Delkevic.
Yep, cat free, but they have the bung for the O2 sensor which I reinstalled after making a tool using a 17mm wrench.

And you're right! The weight difference was insane. And, I may have a miscalibrated butt dyno, but it felt like it had a few extra ponies.

GoldOxide_imp said:
Alright, yeah.

Critical eye might say not complete without RLETs. Yeah, eyes speak.
I literally had to google this. haha

Retsel_imp said:
Not sure how you can get any serious ride pleasure ridding that thing without RLETS!
cb42613a35d94d61d2dc72eaf7d6b355.png


Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
I'll order some to humor you and goldoxide!

Houtman_imp said:
Looks good and I am certain that it sounds great as well.
Sure do! Vid incoming.

Bheezy27403_imp said:
Finally someone put on the full Delkevic system!

Yes a video link would be great. Video never does a system/pipe justice but I can get an idea. Wish you would have put up a tutorial but I guess I'll let that slide. Do it by yourself or have a second pair of hands?
Thanks! I'm pretty happy with it.

And I can make a tutorial no problem. I learned a lot along the way. And I did it by myself in about an hour and twenty minutes from start to finish. I think it would be doable in half that if you knew what you were doing.

I just shot a short video, so I'll upload it. This weekend I'll try and find my gopro to really capture something on the road.
 
x(why)z_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
Looking good.
Thanks!

Ben70_imp said:
Hi x(why)z! Plugging the air injection intake with a ball bearing or such should reduce or eliminate the popping. Remove left side cover, may need to lift rear of tank, remove rubber hose from front of air cleaner box, plug hose and reconnect. Not legal where applicable, blah, blah, blah...
Nice looking mods!

Ben
Awesome tip. I'm going to look into this next weekend.

Flynrider_imp said:
Here's the original thread for the PAIR valve mod. By all reports, it should take care of your popping on deceleration.

PAIR Valve Mod
Much appreciated!

misterprofessionality_imp said:
looking great! it's good to see another delky out and about on the road. i went for the 8" round myself, but i didn't pair it with the delkevic headers, i used a set of titanium pipes instead.

are the delkevic headers cat free i wonder?

Also, on the Pros list, you forgot a very big one: superior weight. there's almost nothing on the market for our CB lighter than a short Delkevic.
Yep, cat free, but they have the bung for the O2 sensor which I reinstalled after making a tool using a 17mm wrench.

And you're right! The weight difference was insane. And, I may have a miscalibrated butt dyno, but it felt like it had a few extra ponies.

GoldOxide_imp said:
Alright, yeah.

Critical eye might say not complete without RLETs. Yeah, eyes speak.
I literally had to google this. haha

Retsel_imp said:
Not sure how you can get any serious ride pleasure ridding that thing without RLETS!
cb42613a35d94d61d2dc72eaf7d6b355.png


Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
I'll order some to humor you and goldoxide!

Houtman_imp said:
Looks good and I am certain that it sounds great as well.
Sure do! Vid incoming.

Bheezy27403_imp said:
Finally someone put on the full Delkevic system!

Yes a video link would be great. Video never does a system/pipe justice but I can get an idea. Wish you would have put up a tutorial but I guess I'll let that slide. Do it by yourself or have a second pair of hands?
Thanks! I'm pretty happy with it.

And I can make a tutorial no problem. I learned a lot along the way. And I did it by myself in about an hour and twenty minutes from start to finish. I think it would be doable in half that if you knew what you were doing.

I just shot a short video, so I'll upload it. This weekend I'll try and find my gopro to really capture something on the road.
cool! if it's cat free and you've got that new muffler on there, reflash the FI unit or get a PCV and you'll really start to feel the benefits. even better if you de-snorkel it.

Are you coming to the Rally? we need more delky out there.
 
Thread starter
misterprofessionality_imp said:
x(why)z_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
Looking good.
Thanks!

Ben70_imp said:
Hi x(why)z! Plugging the air injection intake with a ball bearing or such should reduce or eliminate the popping. Remove left side cover, may need to lift rear of tank, remove rubber hose from front of air cleaner box, plug hose and reconnect. Not legal where applicable, blah, blah, blah...
Nice looking mods!

Ben
Awesome tip. I'm going to look into this next weekend.

Flynrider_imp said:
Here's the original thread for the PAIR valve mod. By all reports, it should take care of your popping on deceleration.

PAIR Valve Mod
Much appreciated!

misterprofessionality_imp said:
looking great! it's good to see another delky out and about on the road. i went for the 8" round myself, but i didn't pair it with the delkevic headers, i used a set of titanium pipes instead.

are the delkevic headers cat free i wonder?

Also, on the Pros list, you forgot a very big one: superior weight. there's almost nothing on the market for our CB lighter than a short Delkevic.
Yep, cat free, but they have the bung for the O2 sensor which I reinstalled after making a tool using a 17mm wrench.

And you're right! The weight difference was insane. And, I may have a miscalibrated butt dyno, but it felt like it had a few extra ponies.

GoldOxide_imp said:
Alright, yeah.

Critical eye might say not complete without RLETs. Yeah, eyes speak.
I literally had to google this. haha

Retsel_imp said:
Not sure how you can get any serious ride pleasure ridding that thing without RLETS!
cb42613a35d94d61d2dc72eaf7d6b355.png


Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
I'll order some to humor you and goldoxide!

Houtman_imp said:
Looks good and I am certain that it sounds great as well.
Sure do! Vid incoming.

Bheezy27403_imp said:
Finally someone put on the full Delkevic system!

Yes a video link would be great. Video never does a system/pipe justice but I can get an idea. Wish you would have put up a tutorial but I guess I'll let that slide. Do it by yourself or have a second pair of hands?
Thanks! I'm pretty happy with it.

And I can make a tutorial no problem. I learned a lot along the way. And I did it by myself in about an hour and twenty minutes from start to finish. I think it would be doable in half that if you knew what you were doing.

I just shot a short video, so I'll upload it. This weekend I'll try and find my gopro to really capture something on the road.
cool! if it's cat free and you've got that new muffler on there, reflash the FI unit or get a PCV and you'll really start to feel the benefits. even better if you de-snorkel it.

Are you coming to the Rally? we need more delky out there.
cool! if it's cat free and you've got that new muffler on there, reflash the FI unit or get a PCV and you'll really start to feel the benefits. even better if you de-snorkel it.

Are you coming to the Rally? we need more delky out there.
PCV is on the list! My wife is starting to ask questions...

As for the rally, I wish I could. I'm a professor and we start back that week.

12milesout_imp said:
What mirrors are those?
SMT Moto. Here is a link!

Cormanus_imp said:
Thanks! After two days, I'm wondering if it is a bit loud... Scares the wildlife.
 
x(why)z_imp said:
misterprofessionality_imp said:
x(why)z_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
Looking good.
Thanks!

Ben70_imp said:
Hi x(why)z! Plugging the air injection intake with a ball bearing or such should reduce or eliminate the popping. Remove left side cover, may need to lift rear of tank, remove rubber hose from front of air cleaner box, plug hose and reconnect. Not legal where applicable, blah, blah, blah...
Nice looking mods!

Ben
Awesome tip. I'm going to look into this next weekend.

Flynrider_imp said:
Here's the original thread for the PAIR valve mod. By all reports, it should take care of your popping on deceleration.

PAIR Valve Mod
Much appreciated!

misterprofessionality_imp said:
looking great! it's good to see another delky out and about on the road. i went for the 8" round myself, but i didn't pair it with the delkevic headers, i used a set of titanium pipes instead.

are the delkevic headers cat free i wonder?

Also, on the Pros list, you forgot a very big one: superior weight. there's almost nothing on the market for our CB lighter than a short Delkevic.
Yep, cat free, but they have the bung for the O2 sensor which I reinstalled after making a tool using a 17mm wrench.

And you're right! The weight difference was insane. And, I may have a miscalibrated butt dyno, but it felt like it had a few extra ponies.

GoldOxide_imp said:
Alright, yeah.

Critical eye might say not complete without RLETs. Yeah, eyes speak.
I literally had to google this. haha

Retsel_imp said:
Not sure how you can get any serious ride pleasure ridding that thing without RLETS!
cb42613a35d94d61d2dc72eaf7d6b355.png


Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
I'll order some to humor you and goldoxide!

Houtman_imp said:
Looks good and I am certain that it sounds great as well.
Sure do! Vid incoming.

Bheezy27403_imp said:
Finally someone put on the full Delkevic system!

Yes a video link would be great. Video never does a system/pipe justice but I can get an idea. Wish you would have put up a tutorial but I guess I'll let that slide. Do it by yourself or have a second pair of hands?
Thanks! I'm pretty happy with it.

And I can make a tutorial no problem. I learned a lot along the way. And I did it by myself in about an hour and twenty minutes from start to finish. I think it would be doable in half that if you knew what you were doing.

I just shot a short video, so I'll upload it. This weekend I'll try and find my gopro to really capture something on the road.
cool! if it's cat free and you've got that new muffler on there, reflash the FI unit or get a PCV and you'll really start to feel the benefits. even better if you de-snorkel it.

Are you coming to the Rally? we need more delky out there.
cool! if it's cat free and you've got that new muffler on there, reflash the FI unit or get a PCV and you'll really start to feel the benefits. even better if you de-snorkel it.

Are you coming to the Rally? we need more delky out there.
PCV is on the list! My wife is starting to ask questions...

As for the rally, I wish I could. I'm a professor and we start back that week.

12milesout_imp said:
What mirrors are those?
SMT Moto. Here is a link!

Cormanus_imp said:
Thanks! After two days, I'm wondering if it is a bit loud... Scares the wildlife.

lol! don't worry yourself...thats still not so bad. you should hear mine.
 
Thread starter
GoldOxide_imp said:
Glad you dig it!

misterprofessionality_imp said:
x(why)z_imp said:
misterprofessionality_imp said:
x(why)z_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
Looking good.
Thanks!

Ben70_imp said:
Hi x(why)z! Plugging the air injection intake with a ball bearing or such should reduce or eliminate the popping. Remove left side cover, may need to lift rear of tank, remove rubber hose from front of air cleaner box, plug hose and reconnect. Not legal where applicable, blah, blah, blah...
Nice looking mods!

Ben
Awesome tip. I'm going to look into this next weekend.

Flynrider_imp said:
Here's the original thread for the PAIR valve mod. By all reports, it should take care of your popping on deceleration.

PAIR Valve Mod
Much appreciated!

misterprofessionality_imp said:
looking great! it's good to see another delky out and about on the road. i went for the 8" round myself, but i didn't pair it with the delkevic headers, i used a set of titanium pipes instead.

are the delkevic headers cat free i wonder?

Also, on the Pros list, you forgot a very big one: superior weight. there's almost nothing on the market for our CB lighter than a short Delkevic.
Yep, cat free, but they have the bung for the O2 sensor which I reinstalled after making a tool using a 17mm wrench.

And you're right! The weight difference was insane. And, I may have a miscalibrated butt dyno, but it felt like it had a few extra ponies.

GoldOxide_imp said:
Alright, yeah.

Critical eye might say not complete without RLETs. Yeah, eyes speak.
I literally had to google this. haha

Retsel_imp said:
Not sure how you can get any serious ride pleasure ridding that thing without RLETS!
cb42613a35d94d61d2dc72eaf7d6b355.png


Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
I'll order some to humor you and goldoxide!

Houtman_imp said:
Looks good and I am certain that it sounds great as well.
Sure do! Vid incoming.

Bheezy27403_imp said:
Finally someone put on the full Delkevic system!

Yes a video link would be great. Video never does a system/pipe justice but I can get an idea. Wish you would have put up a tutorial but I guess I'll let that slide. Do it by yourself or have a second pair of hands?
Thanks! I'm pretty happy with it.

And I can make a tutorial no problem. I learned a lot along the way. And I did it by myself in about an hour and twenty minutes from start to finish. I think it would be doable in half that if you knew what you were doing.

I just shot a short video, so I'll upload it. This weekend I'll try and find my gopro to really capture something on the road.
cool! if it's cat free and you've got that new muffler on there, reflash the FI unit or get a PCV and you'll really start to feel the benefits. even better if you de-snorkel it.

Are you coming to the Rally? we need more delky out there.
cool! if it's cat free and you've got that new muffler on there, reflash the FI unit or get a PCV and you'll really start to feel the benefits. even better if you de-snorkel it.

Are you coming to the Rally? we need more delky out there.
PCV is on the list! My wife is starting to ask questions...

As for the rally, I wish I could. I'm a professor and we start back that week.

12milesout_imp said:
What mirrors are those?
SMT Moto. Here is a link!

Cormanus_imp said:
Thanks! After two days, I'm wondering if it is a bit loud... Scares the wildlife.

lol! don't worry yourself...thats still not so bad. you should hear mine.

lol! don't worry yourself...thats still not so bad. you should hear mine.
Sometimes I feel like a delinquent. haha
Bheezy27403_imp said:
I doubt you'll be disappointed. Hopefully tomorrow I can get a flyby with the help of my wife.
 
Back
Top