Deciscions, deciscions - what do you think?

husky385_imp said:
If you want black I will trade my standard ones for your silver. I would like to tone down the black on the standard.
Kevin
I have a 2013 with about 1500 miles on it and the wheels are pristine. I am very intrigued by your idea of swapping wheels... what does it entail regarding stripping them down?
 
Gsnyder70_imp said:
husky385_imp said:
If you want black I will trade my standard ones for your silver. I would like to tone down the black on the standard.
Kevin
I have a 2013 with about 1500 miles on it and the wheels are pristine. I am very intrigued by your idea of swapping wheels... what does it entail regarding stripping them down?
I have a 2013 with about 1500 miles on it and the wheels are pristine. I am very intrigued by your idea of swapping wheels... what does it entail regarding stripping them down?
I would say removing rotors and sprocket. leave the bearings and seals intact. My tires are stock with 2951 miles . I'm sure you wouldn't want to trade. Although it would cost us both more to have them mounted and unmounted. The only other thing would be shipping. I would pay to ship to you and vice versa.
Mine doesn't have ABS brakes so you will have to retain the censer ring.
Kevin
 
husky385_imp said:
Gsnyder70_imp said:
husky385_imp said:
If you want black I will trade my standard ones for your silver. I would like to tone down the black on the standard.
Kevin
I have a 2013 with about 1500 miles on it and the wheels are pristine. I am very intrigued by your idea of swapping wheels... what does it entail regarding stripping them down?
I have a 2013 with about 1500 miles on it and the wheels are pristine. I am very intrigued by your idea of swapping wheels... what does it entail regarding stripping them down?
I would say removing rotors and sprocket. leave the bearings and seals intact. My tires are stock with 2951 miles . I'm sure you wouldn't want to trade. Although it would cost us both more to have them mounted and unmounted. The only other thing would be shipping. I would pay to ship to you and vice versa.
Mine doesn't have ABS brakes so you will have to retain the censer ring.
Kevin
I have a 2013 with about 1500 miles on it and the wheels are pristine. I am very intrigued by your idea of swapping wheels... what does it entail regarding stripping them down?
I would say removing rotors and sprocket. leave the bearings and seals intact. My tires are stock with 2951 miles . I'm sure you wouldn't want to trade. Although it would cost us both more to have them mounted and unmounted. The only other thing would be shipping. I would pay to ship to you and vice versa.
Mine doesn't have ABS brakes so you will have to retain the censer ring.
Kevin
Kevin,

My bike doesn't have ABS, but I have a friend with a powder coat setup. I'm going to check with him first about painting my rims black as that would be a lot easier than shipping to Oregon. If for some reason that isn't possible, I'll get back with you. I think we would need to exchange detailed pics of the tires/rims via sepcor if we proceed. I should be able to let you know early next week if I'm still interested.

Gabe
 
Gsnyder70_imp said:
husky385_imp said:
Gsnyder70_imp said:
husky385_imp said:
If you want black I will trade my standard ones for your silver. I would like to tone down the black on the standard.
Kevin
I have a 2013 with about 1500 miles on it and the wheels are pristine. I am very intrigued by your idea of swapping wheels... what does it entail regarding stripping them down?
I have a 2013 with about 1500 miles on it and the wheels are pristine. I am very intrigued by your idea of swapping wheels... what does it entail regarding stripping them down?
I would say removing rotors and sprocket. leave the bearings and seals intact. My tires are stock with 2951 miles . I'm sure you wouldn't want to trade. Although it would cost us both more to have them mounted and unmounted. The only other thing would be shipping. I would pay to ship to you and vice versa.
Mine doesn't have ABS brakes so you will have to retain the censer ring.
Kevin
I have a 2013 with about 1500 miles on it and the wheels are pristine. I am very intrigued by your idea of swapping wheels... what does it entail regarding stripping them down?
I would say removing rotors and sprocket. leave the bearings and seals intact. My tires are stock with 2951 miles . I'm sure you wouldn't want to trade. Although it would cost us both more to have them mounted and unmounted. The only other thing would be shipping. I would pay to ship to you and vice versa.
Mine doesn't have ABS brakes so you will have to retain the censer ring.
Kevin
Kevin,

My bike doesn't have ABS, but I have a friend with a powder coat setup. I'm going to check with him first about painting my rims black as that would be a lot easier than shipping to Oregon. If for some reason that isn't possible, I'll get back with you. I think we would need to exchange detailed pics of the tires/rims via sepcor if we proceed. I should be able to let you know early next week if I'm still interested.

Gabe
I have a 2013 with about 1500 miles on it and the wheels are pristine. I am very intrigued by your idea of swapping wheels... what does it entail regarding stripping them down?
I would say removing rotors and sprocket. leave the bearings and seals intact. My tires are stock with 2951 miles . I'm sure you wouldn't want to trade. Although it would cost us both more to have them mounted and unmounted. The only other thing would be shipping. I would pay to ship to you and vice versa.
Mine doesn't have ABS brakes so you will have to retain the censer ring.
Kevin
Kevin,

My bike doesn't have ABS, but I have a friend with a powder coat setup. I'm going to check with him first about painting my rims black as that would be a lot easier than shipping to Oregon. If for some reason that isn't possible, I'll get back with you. I think we would need to exchange detailed pics of the tires/rims via sepcor if we proceed. I should be able to let you know early next week if I'm still interested.

Gabe
No problem Gabe. Out of curiosity what is sepcor.
Kevin
 
husky385_imp said:
Gsnyder70_imp said:
husky385_imp said:
Gsnyder70_imp said:
husky385_imp said:
If you want black I will trade my standard ones for your silver. I would like to tone down the black on the standard.
Kevin
I have a 2013 with about 1500 miles on it and the wheels are pristine. I am very intrigued by your idea of swapping wheels... what does it entail regarding stripping them down?
I have a 2013 with about 1500 miles on it and the wheels are pristine. I am very intrigued by your idea of swapping wheels... what does it entail regarding stripping them down?
I would say removing rotors and sprocket. leave the bearings and seals intact. My tires are stock with 2951 miles . I'm sure you wouldn't want to trade. Although it would cost us both more to have them mounted and unmounted. The only other thing would be shipping. I would pay to ship to you and vice versa.
Mine doesn't have ABS brakes so you will have to retain the censer ring.
Kevin
I have a 2013 with about 1500 miles on it and the wheels are pristine. I am very intrigued by your idea of swapping wheels... what does it entail regarding stripping them down?
I would say removing rotors and sprocket. leave the bearings and seals intact. My tires are stock with 2951 miles . I'm sure you wouldn't want to trade. Although it would cost us both more to have them mounted and unmounted. The only other thing would be shipping. I would pay to ship to you and vice versa.
Mine doesn't have ABS brakes so you will have to retain the censer ring.
Kevin
Kevin,

My bike doesn't have ABS, but I have a friend with a powder coat setup. I'm going to check with him first about painting my rims black as that would be a lot easier than shipping to Oregon. If for some reason that isn't possible, I'll get back with you. I think we would need to exchange detailed pics of the tires/rims via sepcor if we proceed. I should be able to let you know early next week if I'm still interested.

Gabe
I have a 2013 with about 1500 miles on it and the wheels are pristine. I am very intrigued by your idea of swapping wheels... what does it entail regarding stripping them down?
I would say removing rotors and sprocket. leave the bearings and seals intact. My tires are stock with 2951 miles . I'm sure you wouldn't want to trade. Although it would cost us both more to have them mounted and unmounted. The only other thing would be shipping. I would pay to ship to you and vice versa.
Mine doesn't have ABS brakes so you will have to retain the censer ring.
Kevin
Kevin,

My bike doesn't have ABS, but I have a friend with a powder coat setup. I'm going to check with him first about painting my rims black as that would be a lot easier than shipping to Oregon. If for some reason that isn't possible, I'll get back with you. I think we would need to exchange detailed pics of the tires/rims via sepcor if we proceed. I should be able to let you know early next week if I'm still interested.

Gabe
No problem Gabe. Out of curiosity what is sepcor.
Kevin
I have a 2013 with about 1500 miles on it and the wheels are pristine. I am very intrigued by your idea of swapping wheels... what does it entail regarding stripping them down?
I would say removing rotors and sprocket. leave the bearings and seals intact. My tires are stock with 2951 miles . I'm sure you wouldn't want to trade. Although it would cost us both more to have them mounted and unmounted. The only other thing would be shipping. I would pay to ship to you and vice versa.
Mine doesn't have ABS brakes so you will have to retain the censer ring.
Kevin
Kevin,

My bike doesn't have ABS, but I have a friend with a powder coat setup. I'm going to check with him first about painting my rims black as that would be a lot easier than shipping to Oregon. If for some reason that isn't possible, I'll get back with you. I think we would need to exchange detailed pics of the tires/rims via sepcor if we proceed. I should be able to let you know early next week if I'm still interested.

Gabe
No problem Gabe. Out of curiosity what is sepcor.
Kevin
Military for separate correspondence, sorry about that
 
My military service was in the late 60's so if that term was in my brain housing group it has long since rusted away.
Never thought about having rims powder coated I'm thinking that will be a better solution for people living very far from me.
Kevin

PS I figured trading was a looong shot anyway.
 
Silver and black contrast looks great. Too much of the bikes detail disappeared with the blacked out look of the '14 standard IMO. I kept my '13 even though I wanted a 6-speed because I thought the '13 was a more beautiful bike.

Chip
 
I voted black because I want to trade you my '14 black ones for your so much older 13's...
:D

Black is beautul
Black power
Black wheels lifes matter
And all that good subliminal stuff...

:cool:
 
Back
Top