Doc1961_imp
First service completed
Thread starter
I have been wanting to ride The Tail Of The Dragon for quite some time now. Any one here on the forum ridden it? Just looking for info, hints, things like that.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I agree with the Tail of the Dragon being too crowded. Three years ago we discovered Hwy 209 originating in Hot Springs NC. Wow what a great road. I believe it is called "The Rattler"4 Paws_imp said:While you are in the neighborhood check out the Cherohala Skyway; pleasant, scenic, sane.
Dragon is a nice ride that is way way overcrowded and frequently populated with folks riding far above their shill level. Superb region to visit and ride for several days though.Great roads all over and plenty of places to stay and things to do.
I'll be "in the neighborhood" Thursday thru Sunday.
Ridden a few times. Ride it up and back, slowly. Watch the road in front of you and don't point fixate. Ignore the corner photographers but pay attention to the vehicles in front and behind you. Its easy for oncoming traffic to cross the lines. Rode it a few weeks back in our Jeep and a senior citizen in a Cadillac blew by us. Very amusing but also dangerous with riders wanting to run it at speed. Ride the Cherohala Skyway too, it's more scenic and not nearly as tight. Don't leave anything on the tree of shame. Most importantly enjoy it.Doc1961_imp said:I have been wanting to ride The Tail Of The Dragon for quite some time now. Any one here on the forum ridden it? Just looking for info, hints, things like that.

If you haven't already I'd recommend a trip down around Eureka Springs Arkansas. There's plenty of twisty mountain roads with great scenery in all directions, and Eureka is a good town to enjoy in it's own.Doc1961_imp said:Appreciate all the comments and advice. The Blue Ridge Parkway is another ride I'd like to do plus the Pacific Coast Hwy. Mulholland Drive would be another. Not alot of curvy roads around here so I'm looking elsewhere.
