Charlie Bravo_imp
Road warrior
40 bucks?!?! I paid slightly north of 150, because I wanted it RIGHT NOW.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Sometimes you need it right now. My original battery gave me a few heads up with less than normal starts, engine light came on. too. I parked it and ordered the cheapo battery just to try one out and rode the other bike while it arrived. If it lasts less than a year, I wasted a fist full of dollars, but only ones and fives. I have yet to buy a battery that lasted less than 4-5 years in Oregon, so I'll see how this one does.Charlie Bravo_imp said:40 bucks?!?! I paid slightly north of 150, because I wanted it RIGHT NOW.
Same thing happened to me. Put in a new battery. Works fine now. Could be your trickle charger if you are using one. replaced that too.louied_imp said:Rode yesterday for hours, made several stops and the bike started just fine. Last night, stopped for gas and the bike won't start, no juice on the display or gauges, does not turn over. Nothing. Then I jumped it from my car battery. It started up. As soon as I disconnect the jumper cable, totally dead. I tried again and kept the jumper cables on for 30 minutes. Disconnected and once again, totally dead. Is this simply a dead battery or something else? Thanks for any/all advice!

Sometimes you need it right now. My original battery gave me a few heads up with less than normal starts, engine light came on. too. I parked it and ordered the cheapo battery just to try one out and rode the other bike while it arrived. If it lasts less than a year, I wasted a fist full of dollars, but only ones and fives. I have yet to buy a battery that lasted less than 4-5 years in Oregon, so I'll see how this one does.pdedse_imp said:Sometimes you need it right now. My original battery gave me a few heads up with less than normal starts, engine light came on. too. I parked it and ordered the cheapo battery just to try one out and rode the other bike while it arrived. If it lasts less than a year, I wasted a fist full of dollars, but only ones and fives. I have yet to buy a battery that lasted less than 4-5 years in Oregon, so I'll see how this one does.Charlie Bravo_imp said:40 bucks?!?! I paid slightly north of 150, because I wanted it RIGHT NOW.

Sadly, the CB1100 is not very handlebar "dash trash friendly". Otherwise, many modern motorcycles that don't have a USB receptacle can install something like this:Cormanus_imp said:Do you have a link to such a beastie, GO?
Nothing profound, butCormanus_imp said:Thank you, peterbaron and GoldOxide.
.But this is when I call you, me stranded near Napadogan having pushed the $40 battery to its outer limits, and you drop everything only to find out that the local battery shacks are out of compatible CB batteries, and so what do you do?...do you leave me stranded by the roadside?...No, that's not happening...you step out into the garage and remove the battery from your CB, and you're out on the road lickety-split...and I am eternally grateful...we take a few pictures, I buy you dinner at the Village Pour House Wenday 1st Stop...and you, PB, you become a CB1100 Forum Hero!!!peterbaron_imp said:Sometimes you need it right now. My original battery gave me a few heads up with less than normal starts, engine light came on. too. I parked it and ordered the cheapo battery just to try one out and rode the other bike while it arrived. If it lasts less than a year, I wasted a fist full of dollars, but only ones and fives. I have yet to buy a battery that lasted less than 4-5 years in Oregon, so I'll see how this one does.pdedse_imp said:Sometimes you need it right now. My original battery gave me a few heads up with less than normal starts, engine light came on. too. I parked it and ordered the cheapo battery just to try one out and rode the other bike while it arrived. If it lasts less than a year, I wasted a fist full of dollars, but only ones and fives. I have yet to buy a battery that lasted less than 4-5 years in Oregon, so I'll see how this one does.Charlie Bravo_imp said:40 bucks?!?! I paid slightly north of 150, because I wanted it RIGHT NOW.
Pdedse, before visiting the Maritime provinces next year, make sure you have the new battery installed prior your departure...cos due to RIGHT NOW demand, we will charge 'merican travellers more than domestic habitants ...![]()
I carry a battery charger with jumper cables, built-in flashlight and has USB ports. I'm afraid I only have bugs on the bars, no electrics. The charger keeps the phone juiced when camping, and I've actually used it to jump a car battery...it worked.GoldOxide_imp said:pdedse: Also consider a USB socket with voltmeter too. Very low price insurance, plus a USB charging outlet for your dash trash.
That is handy pdedse.pdedse_imp said:But this is when I call you, me stranded near Napadogan having pushed the $40 battery to its outer limits, and you drop everything only to find out that the local battery shacks are out of compatible CB batteries, and so what do you do?...do you leave me stranded by the roadside?...No, that's not happening...you step out into the garage and remove the battery from your CB, and you're out on the road lickety-split...and I am eternally grateful...we take a few pictures, I buy you dinner at the Village Pour House Wenday 1st Stop...and you, PB, you become a CB1100 Forum Hero!!!peterbaron_imp said:Sometimes you need it right now. My original battery gave me a few heads up with less than normal starts, engine light came on. too. I parked it and ordered the cheapo battery just to try one out and rode the other bike while it arrived. If it lasts less than a year, I wasted a fist full of dollars, but only ones and fives. I have yet to buy a battery that lasted less than 4-5 years in Oregon, so I'll see how this one does.pdedse_imp said:Sometimes you need it right now. My original battery gave me a few heads up with less than normal starts, engine light came on. too. I parked it and ordered the cheapo battery just to try one out and rode the other bike while it arrived. If it lasts less than a year, I wasted a fist full of dollars, but only ones and fives. I have yet to buy a battery that lasted less than 4-5 years in Oregon, so I'll see how this one does.Charlie Bravo_imp said:40 bucks?!?! I paid slightly north of 150, because I wanted it RIGHT NOW.
Pdedse, before visiting the Maritime provinces next year, make sure you have the new battery installed prior your departure...cos due to RIGHT NOW demand, we will charge 'merican travellers more than domestic habitants ...![]()
Oh, and I promise, the check for that battery IS-IN-THE-MAIL...must be the service between USA-Canada.
I carry a battery charger with jumper cables, built-in flashlight and has USB ports. I'm afraid I only have bugs on the bars, no electrics. The charger keeps the phone juiced when camping, and I've actually used it to jump a car battery...it worked.GoldOxide_imp said:pdedse: Also consider a USB socket with voltmeter too. Very low price insurance, plus a USB charging outlet for your dash trash.
Yep, understood. That's why PB is my roadside backup.GoldOxide_imp said:That is handy pdedse.pdedse_imp said:But this is when I call you, me stranded near Napadogan having pushed the $40 battery to its outer limits, and you drop everything only to find out that the local battery shacks are out of compatible CB batteries, and so what do you do?...do you leave me stranded by the roadside?...No, that's not happening...you step out into the garage and remove the battery from your CB, and you're out on the road lickety-split...and I am eternally grateful...we take a few pictures, I buy you dinner at the Village Pour House Wenday 1st Stop...and you, PB, you become a CB1100 Forum Hero!!!peterbaron_imp said:Sometimes you need it right now. My original battery gave me a few heads up with less than normal starts, engine light came on. too. I parked it and ordered the cheapo battery just to try one out and rode the other bike while it arrived. If it lasts less than a year, I wasted a fist full of dollars, but only ones and fives. I have yet to buy a battery that lasted less than 4-5 years in Oregon, so I'll see how this one does.pdedse_imp said:Sometimes you need it right now. My original battery gave me a few heads up with less than normal starts, engine light came on. too. I parked it and ordered the cheapo battery just to try one out and rode the other bike while it arrived. If it lasts less than a year, I wasted a fist full of dollars, but only ones and fives. I have yet to buy a battery that lasted less than 4-5 years in Oregon, so I'll see how this one does.Charlie Bravo_imp said:40 bucks?!?! I paid slightly north of 150, because I wanted it RIGHT NOW.
Pdedse, before visiting the Maritime provinces next year, make sure you have the new battery installed prior your departure...cos due to RIGHT NOW demand, we will charge 'merican travellers more than domestic habitants ...![]()
Oh, and I promise, the check for that battery IS-IN-THE-MAIL...must be the service between USA-Canada.
I carry a battery charger with jumper cables, built-in flashlight and has USB ports. I'm afraid I only have bugs on the bars, no electrics. The charger keeps the phone juiced when camping, and I've actually used it to jump a car battery...it worked.GoldOxide_imp said:pdedse: Also consider a USB socket with voltmeter too. Very low price insurance, plus a USB charging outlet for your dash trash.
Keep in mind that if your motorcycle battery has at least one dead cell (happens often on end-of-life batteries), then the juiced charger won't help you.
Nevertheless, you can likely still fall back on bump-start; just keep the RPMs elevated to offset the weak battery load on the charging system.
I'm gonna go out on a limb and state unequivocally that this el cheapo battery (it was actually $37.99) is lasting me 4 years minimum.GoldOxide_imp said:That is handy pdedse.pdedse_imp said:But this is when I call you, me stranded near Napadogan having pushed the $40 battery to its outer limits, and you drop everything only to find out that the local battery shacks are out of compatible CB batteries, and so what do you do?...do you leave me stranded by the roadside?...No, that's not happening...you step out into the garage and remove the battery from your CB, and you're out on the road lickety-split...and I am eternally grateful...we take a few pictures, I buy you dinner at the Village Pour House Wenday 1st Stop...and you, PB, you become a CB1100 Forum Hero!!!peterbaron_imp said:Sometimes you need it right now. My original battery gave me a few heads up with less than normal starts, engine light came on. too. I parked it and ordered the cheapo battery just to try one out and rode the other bike while it arrived. If it lasts less than a year, I wasted a fist full of dollars, but only ones and fives. I have yet to buy a battery that lasted less than 4-5 years in Oregon, so I'll see how this one does.pdedse_imp said:Sometimes you need it right now. My original battery gave me a few heads up with less than normal starts, engine light came on. too. I parked it and ordered the cheapo battery just to try one out and rode the other bike while it arrived. If it lasts less than a year, I wasted a fist full of dollars, but only ones and fives. I have yet to buy a battery that lasted less than 4-5 years in Oregon, so I'll see how this one does.Charlie Bravo_imp said:40 bucks?!?! I paid slightly north of 150, because I wanted it RIGHT NOW.
Pdedse, before visiting the Maritime provinces next year, make sure you have the new battery installed prior your departure...cos due to RIGHT NOW demand, we will charge 'merican travellers more than domestic habitants ...![]()
Oh, and I promise, the check for that battery IS-IN-THE-MAIL...must be the service between USA-Canada.
I carry a battery charger with jumper cables, built-in flashlight and has USB ports. I'm afraid I only have bugs on the bars, no electrics. The charger keeps the phone juiced when camping, and I've actually used it to jump a car battery...it worked.GoldOxide_imp said:pdedse: Also consider a USB socket with voltmeter too. Very low price insurance, plus a USB charging outlet for your dash trash.
Keep in mind that if your motorcycle battery has at least one dead cell (happens often on end-of-life batteries), then the juiced charger won't help you.
Nevertheless, you can likely still fall back on bump-start; just keep the RPMs elevated to offset the weak battery load on the charging system.