DD's new ride

desertdog_imp

New to the forum
Thread starter
So, finally I get around to posting up a few pics of my new ride. First thing I did was to remove the OEM license plate mount and replaced it with a strip of 5mm aluminum bar (drilled, painted black) - but now I have a grommet hole towards the bottom of the fender! What Can I put there - a reflector?


0362a1edc37f2e6ef9dacb9e9f2333a9.jpg



ee36191cc854a2b876d047ea77c38909.jpg



f3a16e457aa45194841e349bb757d437.jpg



ef16da854f39162ca7c1bc94c85a7a94.jpg



34aeeedfc895d0d1c774a542776c2e98.jpg
 
Nice! What year is it?
 
Great looking bike :thumbsup:

The grommet hole below the license plate can be plugged with a license plate rubber snubber used on the early CB750. Here's an example from a 1975 CB750.

252eaa0d8825a648908761f10373514e.jpg
 
Australia's a small market too and we had four choices. Go figure.
 
Thread starter
Thanks guys.

The bike is a CB1100A-EK, imported only into SA, Ireland and Cyprus. 5 speed, ABS. It's available here in black, white and red, with the same colour matching side panel.
 
Likely to be a 2014 if it has matching side panels.
 
The only thing that makes me think otherwise is he said its only a 5 speed.
 
Ah! Missed that. Given the other idiosyncrasies of the models around the world, I wouldn't put it past Honda to do something completely different for South Africa, Ireland and Cyprus. But I'm o closer to understanding why.
 
Well since they retooled the factory to produce the 6 speed, I doubt they are making any more of the 5 speed motors.
 
Cypriot says, "I've got a Honda CB100."

He orders a beer and sits down.
 
Back
Top