Day One, nice machine

Chapomis_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Picked up my 14 DLX this morning and what a perfect day to do it. The bike is sweet ! Jury is still out on the seat, but other wise the bike is everything I wanted. I might look into lowering the pegs and raising the bar, but not right away. I took Rout 3A from Weymouth (just south of Boston) and followed the coast to Plymouth then got on the highway to Hyannis to catch the ferrie. A lot of nice windy roads through Cohasset, Scituate, Marshfield and Duxbury, with very light traffic.



Weymouth Honda

[url=http://s1298.photobucket.com/user/aswreed/media/59286A17-6D20-416F-9F03-6BE46B6473FC_zpsymprrwh6.jpg.html]

Looking NE from Cohassett (Boston on upper left)

[url=http://s1298.photobucket.com/user/aswreed/media/418FC119-1AAF-44B4-9F73-716668C7FFC2_zpsjdys2srq.jpg.html]

Cohasset Harbor (worlds shortest lighthouse ?)

[url=http://s1298.photobucket.com/user/aswreed/media/A8219AEF-A142-4EFB-815C-02102340E4A7_zpsqst75w10.jpg.html]

Scituate Fish Pier

[url=http://s1298.photobucket.com/user/aswreed/media/FEB6356B-9DA9-4A57-A773-DE0285508AB5_zpst2ghgljl.jpg.html]

Pit stop at the North River. It was low tide so couldn't realy see the river well. The North River is famous for Clipper Ship building. Made a friend while I was there.

[url=http://s1298.photobucket.com/user/aswreed/media/059ACFCE-2BA9-4A02-9A48-733FA44955A3_zpsdmqsfc4u.jpg.html]

Duxbury center

[url=http://s1298.photobucket.com/user/aswreed/media/B833576B-4A4B-473F-A004-643F24C39220_zpsdqslxcoy.jpg.html]

Plymouth Harbor, the Mayflower was out for re-fitting.

[url=http://s1298.photobucket.com/user/aswreed/media/6FE83DE0-10BD-4C9E-9D33-5CB0027BFBC0_zpsneumrvlh.jpg.html]

Plymouth Rock

[url=http://s1298.photobucket.com/user/aswreed/media/2EE302D6-A92C-439C-B7BC-B20065C22E1E_zps5pwte24n.jpg.html]

Lunch
 
What a nice maiden voyage. A pilgrimage, as it were, to Plymouth Rock. Very nice, but I would have stopped for some chowdah for lunch. :)
 
Have a burger for me, I miss those "dollar menu's"
No fast food on Nantucket, not even a Dunkin Donuts.
Bike's sweet,
I'll be lookin' for you back on ACK.

I thought all bike dealers are closed on Monday?
 
Thread starter
lash_imp said:
Gaitors on a new DLX? Is that stock?
No, I bought them on-line, shipped them to the dealer and they put them on when they un-crated it.
EmptySea_imp said:
What a nice maiden voyage. A pilgrimage, as it were, to Plymouth Rock. Very nice, but I would have stopped for some chowdah for lunch. :)
The best chowda I've ever tasted comes from my kitchen, but as hard as I try, I can't make my burgers taste like McDonald's.
 
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice! Another beautiful spot in the world to ride a beautiful motorcycle in. Congrats Chapomis!
 
Beautiful bike in a lovely background. The DLX is a truly fine looking ride. I'm getting to the point that I can't decide which version of the CB I like best. Each one has a special appeal.
 
Chapomis_imp said:
lash_imp said:
Gaitors on a new DLX? Is that stock?
No, I bought them on-line, shipped them to the dealer and they put them on when they un-crated it.
EmptySea_imp said:
What a nice maiden voyage. A pilgrimage, as it were, to Plymouth Rock. Very nice, but I would have stopped for some chowdah for lunch. :)
The best chowda I've ever tasted comes from my kitchen, but as hard as I try, I can't make my burgers taste like McDonald's.
I think I know where our next rally will be. :thumbsup:
 
Congrats and thanks for sharing those great pics!
They really got me feeling homesick - I'm a Worcester boy myself (with relatives on the Cape), and haven't been back there in years.
 
Thread starter
Papa Weeley_imp said:
Congrats and thanks for sharing those great pics!
They really got me feeling homesick - I'm a Worcester boy myself (with relatives on the Cape), and haven't been back there in years.
Riding today I saw in a lot of parking lots what looked to be 12" high piles of dirt....it was black snow, you don't miss that ! Worcester got hammered.
redbirds_imp said:
Beautiful bike in a lovely background. The DLX is a truly fine looking ride. I'm getting to the point that I can't decide which version of the CB I like best. Each one has a special appeal.
The ones with RLETs.....:beerchug:
 
Congrat on your new bike!

That is the nicest McD's I 've ever seen.

For your handlebars. Before buying risers, you might try loosening the clamp bolts and rotating them up some. I know me and a number of us did that.
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Congrat on your new bike!

That is the nicest McD's I 've ever seen.

For your handlebars. Before buying risers, you might try loosening the clamp bolts and rotating them up some. I know me and a number of us did that.
Thanks for the reminder. I followed that thread a few weeks ago and had already forgotten about it. I think it was one of Ferret's "how to's". I'm going to try to get my carrier and engine guards on today, so I will give the bars a go at the same time.
 
Back
Top