Dart Flyscreen For Me Too!

metallyguitarded_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
I just installed the Dart Flyscreen (darkest version) on my 2014 standard. I love the look of it. I'm hoping it actually works to divert a little of the air that hits my chest at speed. Even if it doesn't, I'm vain and shallow enough to keep it on just for the look of it. I think it adds nice balance to the front, now that I have the hard bags on the rear. You'll have to trusts me on that for now. I'll try to get out this weekend and snap a few shots and report back on my impressions of the screen's effectiveness.

So...what next? I'm coming up on needing new tires but don't consider that a modification/accessory. Is it possible that I have my CB exactly how I want it? That seems out of the question. But there's nothing that I'm longing for at this point. I guess I'm just going to have to ride more, shop less!
 
'Ride more, shop less'!

Splendidly put MG. You'll soon be up there with Alexi for quotable aphorisms.

By the way, the only screen I've ever remotely thought about for my CB is the Dart Flyscreen.
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
'Ride more, shop less'!

Splendidly put MG. You'll soon be up there with Alexi for quotable aphorisms.

By the way, the only screen I've ever remotely thought about for my CB is the Dart Flyscreen.
Thank you Cormanus! I generously borrowed from the ferret who I believe borrowed from Guth. Is "Alexi" Guth's actual name?
 
'Alexi' is a reference to your signature.
 
metallyguitarded_imp said:
I just installed the Dart Flyscreen (darkest version) on my 2014 standard. I love the look of it. I'm hoping it actually works to divert a little of the air that hits my chest at speed. Even if it doesn't, I'm vain and shallow enough to keep it on just for the look of it. I think it adds nice balance to the front, now that I have the hard bags on the rear. You'll have to trusts me on that for now. I'll try to get out this weekend and snap a few shots and report back on my impressions of the screen's effectiveness.

So...what next? I'm coming up on needing new tires but don't consider that a modification/accessory. Is it possible that I have my CB exactly how I want it? That seems out of the question. But there's nothing that I'm longing for at this point. I guess I'm just going to have to ride more, shop less!
This would be greatly appreciated.
 
Good for you MG :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I just installed a Dart Marlin dark screen myself.
It's a great look and directs air off my chest.
Very easy to install.

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I had an unusual situation with mine.
As I was reading the instructions and figuring out what goes where it dawned on me that I had two headlight brackets exactly the same - both for the left side.
I sent a picture to Dart via email and in a few days I had a new set.
Fantastic customer service from Dart :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
metallyguitarded_imp said:
I just installed the Dart Flyscreen (darkest version) on my 2014 standard. I love the look of it. I'm hoping it actually works to divert a little of the air that hits my chest at speed. Even if it doesn't, I'm vain and shallow enough to keep it on just for the look of it. I think it adds nice balance to the front, now that I have the hard bags on the rear. You'll have to trusts me on that for now. I'll try to get out this weekend and snap a few shots and report back on my impressions of the screen's effectiveness.

So...what next? I'm coming up on needing new tires but don't consider that a modification/accessory. Is it possible that I have my CB exactly how I want it? That seems out of the question. But there's nothing that I'm longing for at this point. I guess I'm just going to have to ride more, shop less!
What to do next? I feel your pain! The problem is that all our fellow forum members keep coming up with great modifications that we have to try! :rofl:
 
Thread starter
I snapped a few shots of the flyscreen with my new Olympus camera. I had the 45mm lens on it and wasn't in a position where I could back up enough to get the whole bike. Still, I kind of like how the photos turned out. Hope you like them too. Also, the screen does provide a some, though not much, wind protection. It definitely still feels like a naked bike. The fit is very close between the screen and the instrument cups and at certain rpms I can hear what I believe are the bolts on the backside of the screen vibrating against the instrument cups. I didn't see any way to adjust the screen to provide more space. I'm thinking of ways to pad the space. A rubber bolt cap would be great but I need to figure out the proper size and if they make such a thing.



[url=http://s51.photobucket.com/user/jamesfontaine/media/P9040314.jpg.html]

[url=http://s51.photobucket.com/user/jamesfontaine/media/P9040316.jpg.html]

And here are a few more shots, unrelated to the flyscreen but I thought they turned out nice:

[url=http://s51.photobucket.com/user/jamesfontaine/media/P9040318.jpg.html]

[url=http://s51.photobucket.com/user/jamesfontaine/media/P9040317.jpg.html]

[url=http://s51.photobucket.com/user/jamesfontaine/media/P9040315.jpg.html]
 
You sure its not the connectors buzzing in the headlight shell?
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun_imp said:
You sure its not the connectors buzzing in the headlight shell?
No, I'm not sure. That's certainly possible. I'll get in there and try to secure them in some fashion. Do you know how others have done that? I'll do a search and see what I can find but if you have any suggestions, they'd be greatly appreciated.
 
Looks good, metallyguitarded. Indeed, it might just be as clean as ride4now's and TINK's bikes.
 
metallyguitarded_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
You sure its not the connectors buzzing in the headlight shell?
No, I'm not sure. That's certainly possible. I'll get in there and try to secure them in some fashion. Do you know how others have done that? I'll do a search and see what I can find but if you have any suggestions, they'd be greatly appreciated.
No, I'm not sure. That's certainly possible. I'll get in there and try to secure them in some fashion. Do you know how others have done that? I'll do a search and see what I can find but if you have any suggestions, they'd be greatly appreciated.
A number of us have just wrapped the connectors in some thin foam, like from packing material. There is a thread somewhere that I will look for and post. It has some pics of how I did it. Took care of the buzzing for a number of us.

Whats weird is that we never heard it until we added a flyscreen.

Here it is: Buzzing Instrument Cluster

I actually went back and wrapped ALL the connectors as it is pretty tight in there with the headlight in the shell and any of them can vibrate against the shell or headlight unit.
 
No unusual noises coming from mine and there is plenty of clearance between the gauges and the screen.
I'll be going on a day ride today which will be the first real test for the screen and will report anything that pops up.
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
Looks good, metallyguitarded. Indeed, it might just be as clean as ride4now's and TINK's bikes.
Huge compliment to be included in the company of those gentlemen and their CBs. Thank you!
Lord Popgun_imp said:
metallyguitarded_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
You sure its not the connectors buzzing in the headlight shell?
No, I'm not sure. That's certainly possible. I'll get in there and try to secure them in some fashion. Do you know how others have done that? I'll do a search and see what I can find but if you have any suggestions, they'd be greatly appreciated.
No, I'm not sure. That's certainly possible. I'll get in there and try to secure them in some fashion. Do you know how others have done that? I'll do a search and see what I can find but if you have any suggestions, they'd be greatly appreciated.
A number of us have just wrapped the connectors in some thin foam, like from packing material. There is a thread somewhere that I will look for and post. It has some pics of how I did it. Took care of the buzzing for a number of us.

Whats weird is that we never heard it until we added a flyscreen.

Here it is: Buzzing Instrument Cluster

I actually went back and wrapped ALL the connectors as it is pretty tight in there with the headlight in the shell and any of them can vibrate against the shell or headlight unit.
Very helpful. Thanks popgun! I'll give this a shot and report back. I hope that's all it is.
DaSwami_imp said:
Ok. what brand of luggage is that? Looks sharp.
Thanks DaSwami. They are the Asahi Panniers for which popgun posted the link. Here's a link to my thread discussing them:

ASAHI: Pannier Cases
 
As I promised, I went for a 200 mile ride on Labor Day up and down our twisty coastline to give the Marlin and Grab-on grip covers a true test.
I'm pleased to report that both products delivered as promised and I had a very pleasant ride. The Marlin not only looks good, but is a solid product that enhances to look of the bike.
On Saturday I rode my CB900F all day and my T100 Bonneville on Sunday. Both were very pleasant rides, but the 1100 is so smooth and refined by comparison it was a very stark contrast.
I'm still smiling :D

http://s392.photobucket.com/user/Rock500_2008/media/Motorcycles/Honda CB1100A/IMG_1859.jpg.html
 
My initial job with any new bike is to try to sort out the screen. I've spent hundreds of pounds, (more of your dollars), searching for perfection which I hardly ever achieved. How surprised I was with the CB, with the clean airflow up to 80mph which is around my preferred cruising speed on the motorway. My question is, anyone who found the naked ride acceptable like me, fitted a dart and found a noticeable improvement? (fair weather riding only
 
metallyguitarded_imp said:
I snapped a few shots of the flyscreen with my new Olympus camera. I had the 45mm lens on it and wasn't in a position where I could back up enough to get the whole bike. Still, I kind of like how the photos turned out. Hope you like them too. Also, the screen does provide a some, though not much, wind protection. It definitely still feels like a naked bike. The fit is very close between the screen and the instrument cups and at certain rpms I can hear what I believe are the bolts on the backside of the screen vibrating against the instrument cups. I didn't see any way to adjust the screen to provide more space. I'm thinking of ways to pad the space. A rubber bolt cap would be great but I need to figure out the proper size and if they make such a thing.



[url=http://s51.photobucket.com/user/jamesfontaine/media/P9040314.jpg.html]

[url=http://s51.photobucket.com/user/jamesfontaine/media/P9040316.jpg.html]

And here are a few more shots, unrelated to the flyscreen but I thought they turned out nice:

[url=http://s51.photobucket.com/user/jamesfontaine/media/P9040318.jpg.html]

[url=http://s51.photobucket.com/user/jamesfontaine/media/P9040317.jpg.html]

[url=http://s51.photobucket.com/user/jamesfontaine/media/P9040315.jpg.html]

Nice photos! Loving the midnight flyscreen coupled with the headlight cage.
 
Back
Top