Dart Fly Screen Came in.

Yesterday I installed my new Dart Flyscreen. It looks like it could be an original equipment option; much nicer than other options with clamps on fork tubes and handlebars. I've had it up to 70 mph or so and it creates a small bubble of calm air about the same width and height of the screen itself, taking much of the wind pressure off my chest. I don't mind having my helmet in the wind stream when sitting upright and bending over the tank takes most of my head out of the wind stream too. Arms are still exposed to the blast, though if it's less noticeable if I tuck my elbows in.

All in all, for the shorter trips I generally take, the Dart Flyscreen is a good compromise between the unobstructed view of naked riding and a less-than appealing visual appearance of a larger windshield.

From time to time I think about riding across the USA (I'm in Florida but would love to ride in California where I grew up), in which case I would definitely get a full coverage fairing like the NC Plexifairing 3, but I'd take the Dart to use once I got out there.
You must be a beast to get your bike up on the center stand even on a downhill slope like that!
You must be a beast to get your bike up on the center stand even on a downhill slope like that!
You must be a beast to get your bike up on the center stand even on a downhill slope like that!
 
Thread starter
Feel the same way Greg! She is all stock otherwise, only other thing I want to do is weigh seat options, this one kills me in no time. I'm 6' 1" and 285.
 
hondahoarder_imp said:
Feel the same way Greg! She is all stock otherwise, only other thing I want to do is weigh seat options, this one kills me in no time. I'm 6' 1" and 285.
Ha! Im 5' 5" and 135 lbs!
 
Thread starter
Greg_imp said:
hondahoarder_imp said:
Feel the same way Greg! She is all stock otherwise, only other thing I want to do is weigh seat options, this one kills me in no time. I'm 6' 1" and 285.
Ha! Im 5' 5" and 135 lbs!
Ha! Im 5' 5" and 135 lbs!
LOL...yep and my big ass gets to hurting in no time on the stock seat, going to have to do something, may have a meet up with my local upholstery shop.
 
Greg_imp said:
hondahoarder_imp said:
Feel the same way Greg! She is all stock otherwise, only other thing I want to do is weigh seat options, this one kills me in no time. I'm 6' 1" and 285.
Ha! Im 5' 5" and 135 lbs!
No wonder the dart works so well for you! At 6', there's a lot more of me exposed to the wind. Smooth airflow would be nice though...
 
Thread starter
Joola_imp said:
Greg_imp said:
hondahoarder_imp said:
Feel the same way Greg! She is all stock otherwise, only other thing I want to do is weigh seat options, this one kills me in no time. I'm 6' 1" and 285.
Ha! Im 5' 5" and 135 lbs!
No wonder the dart works so well for you! At 6', there's a lot more of me exposed to the wind. Smooth airflow would be nice though...
No wonder the dart works so well for you! At 6', there's a lot more of me exposed to the wind. Smooth airflow would be nice though...
Yes I have not really got to check it out yet, hope to this weekend, I will let you know how it works on my BIG frame.
 
You do take some stunning pics Curt.
 
Got mine the other day, put it on Friday, rode Saturday. Works GREAT!!!!!!! Keeps the wind off my chest so much so that getting on the highway I was doing 90 before I noticed (usually once I hit 75 the windblast is significant enough that I find I'm exerting myself to keep a hold of the bars -- speed limit where I get on the highway is 75). Absolutely no wind on the chest, it's all moved above my helmet. I did notice that at 85-ish+ there's some negative pressure that pushed my head forward, which is kind of annoying, but that's easily negated by riding at a sane speed. At normal highway speeds of around 70mph, it's basically a godsend. For comparison, I'm 6' tall with a 32 inseam.

Please note something that I wasn't aware of... the mounting brackets actually move the placement of the headlight forward about an inch or so. Doesn't really affect the look of the bike, I just didn't know/realize beforehand.
 
I have to say your bike looks awesome. Just enough to give you the protection you need with minimalist look. I had a Dart on my Bonenville SE. Super nice piece; quality made part and well engineered. I am sure the DART fly screen for the CB1100 is no less. Steve does a terrific job of engineering these things. I have a Road Comet but originally inquired with Steve back in May of this year regarding a fly screen for the CB1100. If he had developed this screen when I was looking, I would have purchased one. Enjoy the ride.
 
Is that the dark tint screen?
I had a 919 fly screen on my 1992 CB750 Nighthawk. It worked great and looks good to, IMHO. TINK
 
Back
Top