Dart developing flyscreen for CB1100

Thread starter
jamboa_imp said:
Scoobynut_imp said:
jamboa_imp said:
Buffalohead' pid='7413' dateline='1373743847 said:
This retro movement is the best thing that has happened to motorcycles in eons. , especially the British bike look-alikes. I do love the CB11 but I would kill for a Kawi W800. With fuel injection, it would be much better than the W650 and sell better too. Don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't like British bikes, I do. The Triumph is the BEST looking bike (except for maybe the Royal Enfield and I won't go there). But, reliability and build quality is too important to me. I'm afraid every time they come out with a Japan/British clone, I will HAVE to buy one. I already have a Suzuki TU250X. It's a great little bike and more fun than you'd think for a small bike.

I wish Kawi had waited and brought out the FI W800 before the W650 because I think it would have given them a better outlook on the retro market. I believe it would be much better suited to American bikers. Besides the W800, have you seen all of the retro bikes the Japanese guys are making that are not being imported here? If the Japanese keep coming out with these retro bikes here, I may have to go back to work!
[/quote
LOL! Yea my nightmares R that I am no longer retired and I had to run my business again. Talking about the Dart Screen I had a color matched one on my Scramble and they look good but do virtually nothing in the function department. I think the W800 is still too small a motor. I Had my 790 Bonneville bored to 904. That wome it up plenty.
I have a small screen (not a Dart, admittedly) on my Hawk GT and it functions exactly as I want it to; it keeps the wind off my chest and keeps my helmet in the clean airflow above. I'm hoping the Dart will function similarly on the CB1100, but am not expecting a Goldwing, cocoon-like level of protection. Am wondering if the Dart on your Scrambler kept any wind off your chest or not?
I have a small screen (not a Dart, admittedly) on my Hawk GT and it functions exactly as I want it to; it keeps the wind off my chest and keeps my helmet in the clean airflow above. I'm hoping the Dart will function similarly on the CB1100, but am not expecting a Goldwing, cocoon-like level of protection. Am wondering if the Dart on your Scrambler kept any wind off your chest or not? Yea it did keep some wind off my chest. It may be just what U R looking for. It sure does look good. I would not go clear. Color match it to the silver R the Red!
I have a small screen (not a Dart, admittedly) on my Hawk GT and it functions exactly as I want it to; it keeps the wind off my chest and keeps my helmet in the clean airflow above. I'm hoping the Dart will function similarly on the CB1100, but am not expecting a Goldwing, cocoon-like level of protection. Am wondering if the Dart on your Scrambler kept any wind off your chest or not? Yea it did keep some wind off my chest. It may be just what U R looking for. It sure does look good. I would not go clear. Color match it to the silver R the Red!
Jamboa, thanks for the reply. I believe I read on the Dart website that they now only offer the light tint for their screens, which I'm fine with -- I hope the screen is hardly noticeable at all visually.
 
Thread starter
Nice, Mike! Does yours do what I hope it will do -- keep most of the wind off your chest and keep your head in the clean airflow?

What kind of mirrors are those? Just wondering because I had some Aprilia Tuono mirrors on my Hawk GT and they worked great.
 
That's just what I'm after for my bike. Webike has something similar, but with shipping its $400.

I emailed Steve and asked him to post here when his product is ready. If its in the $200 range likethe current profducts I willdefinitely get one.
 
Thread starter
The Spaceman_imp said:
That's just what I'm after for my bike. Webike has something similar, but with shipping its $400.

I emailed Steve and asked him to post here when his product is ready. If its in the $200 range likethe current profducts I willdefinitely get one.
Good job, spaceman, emailing Steve like that.

The Dart website shows the one for the W800 at $134.95 including shipping, so hopefully the one for the CB1100 will be priced similarly.
 
Nice, Mike! Does yours do what I hope it will do -- keep most of the wind off your chest and keep your head in the clean airflow?

What kind of mirrors are those? Just wondering because I had some Aprilia Tuono mirrors on my Hawk GT and they worked great.
Hi, Scooby.......the flyscreen was very minimal as far as wind protection. It did deflect some of the blast, but it mostly kept bugs off the meters.
I would say it keeps some of the wind off your chest and does keep your head in the clean airflow. The mirrors are KTM units that I have used on probably 10 motorcycles , from Vstroms (where I first saw them) to Moto Guzzis, and various Kawasakis and Suzukis. They are vibration free and provide a great view rearward without the usuall shoulder and elbow images. And, I like how they blend in with most handlebars. Cheapest I have found new side covers is $125 including shipping per side. Seems like there is not that much to save. May as well buy them painted fron WeBike!
Nice, Mike! Does yours do what I hope it will do -- keep most of the wind off your chest and keep your head in the clean airflow?

What kind of mirrors are those? Just wondering because I had some Aprilia Tuono mirrors on my Hawk GT and they worked great.
Hi, Scooby.......the flyscreen was very minimal as far as wind protection. It did deflect some of the blast, but it mostly kept bugs off the meters.
I would say it keeps some of the wind off your chest and does keep your head in the clean airflow. The mirrors are KTM units that I have used on probably 10 motorcycles , from Vstroms (where I first saw them) to Moto Guzzis, and various Kawasakis and Suzukis. They are vibration free and provide a great view rearward without the usuall shoulder and elbow images. And, I like how they blend in with most handlebars. Cheapest I have found new side covers is $125 including shipping per side. Seems like there is not that much to save. May as well buy them painted fron WeBike! Sorry I should have posted this to the threadcabout colir matching the red.
 
I'll buy a Dart Flyscreen just as soon as it becomes available for the CB1100. I've had one on my Bonneville for over 3 years, and I really like it. The Triumph dealer here provides service loaners; two times I got Bonneville loaners, and the ride on the freeway without the Dart was way less pleasant.
 
Thread starter
Elf_68_imp said:
I'll buy a Dart Flyscreen just as soon as it becomes available for the CB1100. I've had one on my Bonneville for over 3 years, and I really like it. The Triumph dealer here provides service loaners; two times I got Bonneville loaners, and the ride on the freeway without the Dart was way less pleasant.
That's good to hear Elf. At one time I owned two Hawk GTs -- one with a small screen, not much more than a flyscreen really, and one without. The one with the small screen was much better to ride at higher speeds. It seems like even a small screen will get just enough pressure off your chest so you don't feel like you're clinging to the bars like you would on a totally naked bike.
 
Thread starter
Yoyodyne_imp said:
Scooby, what brand of fly screen did you have on your Hawk GT?
Yoyo, I still have the Hawk with the small screen, but sold the other one, a red one. It's a National Cycle F-series, I believe F-16 or F-18. It's not really a 'flyscreen' in the strictest sense, but isn't full or mid-sized either. It functions exactly how I'd like it to on the Hawk. A couple of photos:



[url=http://s173.photobucket.com/user/cyrenus/media/P1030875.jpg.html]
 
Thread starter
jamboa_imp said:

They're still out there if you search; it's getting harder to find a good one though as most of them fell into neglect or were trashed by the youngsters. Still the most flickable, agile streetbike I've ever owned -- makes the CB11 seem like a bit of a barge in comparison, but that's unfair really -- the CB11 is still an agile, good-handling bike, it's just that a Hawk is so narrow and light. You should at least find someone who owns one and have them let you borrow it. If you were local, I'd let you borrow mine.

They do have a much sportier riding position than the CB, but are fine for day trips if you're still fairly limber. Oh, and the stock Hawk seat SUCKS so aftermarket is a must for the older crowd IMHO.
 
Scoobynut_imp said:
jamboa_imp said:

They're still out there if you search; it's getting harder to find a good one though as most of them fell into neglect or were trashed by the youngsters. Still the most flickable, agile streetbike I've ever owned -- makes the CB11 seem like a bit of a barge in comparison, but that's unfair really -- the CB11 is still an agile, good-handling bike, it's just that a Hawk is so narrow and light. You should at least find someone who owns one and have them let you borrow it. If you were local, I'd let you borrow mine.

They do have a much sportier riding position than the CB, but are fine for day trips if you're still fairly limber. Oh, and the stock Hawk seat SUCKS so aftermarket is a must for the older crowd IMHO.

They're still out there if you search; it's getting harder to find a good one though as most of them fell into neglect or were trashed by the youngsters. Still the most flickable, agile streetbike I've ever owned -- makes the CB11 seem like a bit of a barge in comparison, but that's unfair really -- the CB11 is still an agile, good-handling bike, it's just that a Hawk is so narrow and light. You should at least find someone who owns one and have them let you borrow it. If you were local, I'd let you borrow mine.

They do have a much sportier riding position than the CB, but are fine for day trips if you're still fairly limber. Oh, and the stock Hawk seat SUCKS so aftermarket is a must for the older crowd IMHO.
Will start a new thread in "0ther Bikes" for the Hawk G T
 
Thread starter
jamboa_imp said:
Scoobynut_imp said:
jamboa_imp said:

They're still out there if you search; it's getting harder to find a good one though as most of them fell into neglect or were trashed by the youngsters. Still the most flickable, agile streetbike I've ever owned -- makes the CB11 seem like a bit of a barge in comparison, but that's unfair really -- the CB11 is still an agile, good-handling bike, it's just that a Hawk is so narrow and light. You should at least find someone who owns one and have them let you borrow it. If you were local, I'd let you borrow mine.

They do have a much sportier riding position than the CB, but are fine for day trips if you're still fairly limber. Oh, and the stock Hawk seat SUCKS so aftermarket is a must for the older crowd IMHO.

They're still out there if you search; it's getting harder to find a good one though as most of them fell into neglect or were trashed by the youngsters. Still the most flickable, agile streetbike I've ever owned -- makes the CB11 seem like a bit of a barge in comparison, but that's unfair really -- the CB11 is still an agile, good-handling bike, it's just that a Hawk is so narrow and light. You should at least find someone who owns one and have them let you borrow it. If you were local, I'd let you borrow mine.

They do have a much sportier riding position than the CB, but are fine for day trips if you're still fairly limber. Oh, and the stock Hawk seat SUCKS so aftermarket is a must for the older crowd IMHO.
Will start a new thread in "0ther Bikes" for the Hawk G T

They're still out there if you search; it's getting harder to find a good one though as most of them fell into neglect or were trashed by the youngsters. Still the most flickable, agile streetbike I've ever owned -- makes the CB11 seem like a bit of a barge in comparison, but that's unfair really -- the CB11 is still an agile, good-handling bike, it's just that a Hawk is so narrow and light. You should at least find someone who owns one and have them let you borrow it. If you were local, I'd let you borrow mine.

They do have a much sportier riding position than the CB, but are fine for day trips if you're still fairly limber. Oh, and the stock Hawk seat SUCKS so aftermarket is a must for the older crowd IMHO.
Will start a new thread in "0ther Bikes" for the Hawk G T
LOL, no need Jamboa, I promise to get back on topic. I think Guth already started a thread in Other Bikes as I believe he has a Hawk very similar to mine.
 
Scoobynut_imp said:
jamboa_imp said:
Scoobynut_imp said:
jamboa_imp said:

They're still out there if you search; it's getting harder to find a good one though as most of them fell into neglect or were trashed by the youngsters. Still the most flickable, agile streetbike I've ever owned -- makes the CB11 seem like a bit of a barge in comparison, but that's unfair really -- the CB11 is still an agile, good-handling bike, it's just that a Hawk is so narrow and light. You should at least find someone who owns one and have them let you borrow it. If you were local, I'd let you borrow mine.

They do have a much sportier riding position than the CB, but are fine for day trips if you're still fairly limber. Oh, and the stock Hawk seat SUCKS so aftermarket is a must for the older crowd IMHO.

They're still out there if you search; it's getting harder to find a good one though as most of them fell into neglect or were trashed by the youngsters. Still the most flickable, agile streetbike I've ever owned -- makes the CB11 seem like a bit of a barge in comparison, but that's unfair really -- the CB11 is still an agile, good-handling bike, it's just that a Hawk is so narrow and light. You should at least find someone who owns one and have them let you borrow it. If you were local, I'd let you borrow mine.

They do have a much sportier riding position than the CB, but are fine for day trips if you're still fairly limber. Oh, and the stock Hawk seat SUCKS so aftermarket is a must for the older crowd IMHO.
Will start a new thread in "0ther Bikes" for the Hawk G T

They're still out there if you search; it's getting harder to find a good one though as most of them fell into neglect or were trashed by the youngsters. Still the most flickable, agile streetbike I've ever owned -- makes the CB11 seem like a bit of a barge in comparison, but that's unfair really -- the CB11 is still an agile, good-handling bike, it's just that a Hawk is so narrow and light. You should at least find someone who owns one and have them let you borrow it. If you were local, I'd let you borrow mine.

They do have a much sportier riding position than the CB, but are fine for day trips if you're still fairly limber. Oh, and the stock Hawk seat SUCKS so aftermarket is a must for the older crowd IMHO.
Will start a new thread in "0ther Bikes" for the Hawk G T
LOL, no need Jamboa, I promise to get back on topic. I think Guth already started a thread in Other Bikes as I believe he has a Hawk very similar to mine.

They're still out there if you search; it's getting harder to find a good one though as most of them fell into neglect or were trashed by the youngsters. Still the most flickable, agile streetbike I've ever owned -- makes the CB11 seem like a bit of a barge in comparison, but that's unfair really -- the CB11 is still an agile, good-handling bike, it's just that a Hawk is so narrow and light. You should at least find someone who owns one and have them let you borrow it. If you were local, I'd let you borrow mine.

They do have a much sportier riding position than the CB, but are fine for day trips if you're still fairly limber. Oh, and the stock Hawk seat SUCKS so aftermarket is a must for the older crowd IMHO.
Will start a new thread in "0ther Bikes" for the Hawk G T
LOL, no need Jamboa, I promise to get back on topic. I think Guth already started a thread in Other Bikes as I believe he has a Hawk very similar to mine.
LOL!
 
I got an email from Steve at Dart the other day. He said he'd just picked up his CB and would start developing the screen shortly. He didn't mention how long it would take.
 
Thread starter
Spaceman, I got a similar email from Steve -- I don't remember the exact date, but it was the same day as my original post in this thread, probably at least a couple of weeks ago. I'm sure he's a busy guy, though, so hopefully we hear from him sometime in August.
 
When you guys hear something, put me on the list.
It is exactly what I want. Had something like it on
my 06 919 from the Honda accessory catalog!
 
Back
Top