Darn - The CB1100 is very heavy

Can I go there....???

Would it be dramatically lighter without that silly Rev limiter? Thus making it all that much lighter?

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk 4.2.2
 
:idea: Hey...how about a lean limiter. Bike falls over and is limited to 60 degrees of lean...nothing hits the ground and nothing gets damaged.
 
The ferret_imp said:
:idea: Hey...how about a lean limiter. Bike falls over and is limited to 60 degrees of lean...nothing hits the ground and nothing gets damaged.
I like this idea!

But would Honda have an issue with patents or anything since some of the victory bikes have something similar....

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk 4.2.2
 
Seriously? How do they limit the fall other than crash bars? I was just joking.

My ST has a tip over switch which kills the motor in event of a fall. Is that what you mean?
 
The ferret_imp said:
Seriously? How do they limit the fall other than crash bars? I was just joking.

My ST has a tip over switch which kills the motor in event of a fall. Is that what you mean?
here are some videos showing it! The first one the guy rights the bike seemingly quite easily, whereas the second one it looks like it took a little bit to get it back upright... if you can say it wasn't almost upright when down...?


 
Oh ok. The ST has front tip over bars...and you can get rear tip over bars aftermarket.
 
dBuster_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Seriously? How do they limit the fall other than crash bars? I was just joking.

My ST has a tip over switch which kills the motor in event of a fall. Is that what you mean?
here are some videos showing it! The first one the guy rights the bike seemingly quite easily, whereas the second one it looks like it took a little bit to get it back upright... if you can say it wasn't almost upright when down...?


here are some videos showing it! The first one the guy rights the bike seemingly quite easily, whereas the second one it looks like it took a little bit to get it back upright... if you can say it wasn't almost upright when down...?


Clever smart idea.
 
The ferret_imp said:
:idea: Hey...how about a lean limiter. Bike falls over and is limited to 60 degrees of lean...nothing hits the ground and nothing gets damaged.
For years I've been saying motorcycling's "next big thing" will be gyroscopes that hold the bike at the correct angle for whatever the riding situation happens to be at that point in time.

These yahoos stole my idea:

Lit Motors | The Future Platform of Electric Vehicles
 
Thread starter
Lunatic Fringe_imp said:
I was surprised how small the CB looks in person and to me it felt fairly light. I've yet to blessed with a test ride so my impressions are just from sitting in the showroom making vroom noises.
yes - the CB1100 is about the same size as the VFR in width but it looks smaller.
 
Rboe_imp said:
That idea is very very old.
Yep. I've seen photos from the early 1900s of a gyrocar that had seats for 6 in 3 rows of 2. The thing was huge! It had outriggers that came out when it parked, but under way two big gyros kept it upright.
 
The Spaceman_imp said:
Rboe_imp said:
That idea is very very old.
Yep. I've seen photos from the early 1900s of a gyrocar that had seats for 6 in 3 rows of 2. The thing was huge! It had outriggers that came out when it parked, but under way two big gyros kept it upright.
LOL...those are called wheels. :rofl::biker::thanks:
 
It's all relative to what you are used to riding. I have a BMW 2012 1600GTL and this CB feels light as a feather compared to the GTL. :)
 
Take one of those new Indians for a ride. That will make your CB feel dang small and light. I got on the Griso afterwards and felt I was a pit bike.
 
Back
Top