Custom slip on (need confirmation of no power commander)

Joel Goodson_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
I don't like any of the slip on options currently available. I'd like to fabricate my own flange/pipe and add a pretty standard reverse cone style muffler.

I've read some contradictory comments on here.

Basically, my question is this.... After I fabricate this, do I need any kind of tuning? I don't think a basic slip on will lean things out too much at all, but was hoping to get some solid info.
 
I slipped on a Staintune, and find no need for any remapping or tuning of any kind. Your results may vary, but my sense is that unless you go for a full system and remove the cat, you shouldn't need tuning.
 
Thread starter
That's my thinking as well. I'm honestly not looking for any performance gains. I just can't stand how quiet it is. :-/

The reverse cone is timeless as well. It will fit the overall retro-modern styling nicely I think.
 
Back
Top