Cruising RPMs

The ferret_imp said:
If you think the gears are too tall, many on the forum who like a more spirited ride go up a tooth on the counter sprocket. More acceration, higher cruising rpms, less top speed.

Be sure and check your tire pressures if you haven't already 36F 42 R
I think you mean the rear sprocket. The counter sprocket is on the countershaft and is the front or drive sprocket. Going up a tooth will raise the gearing.
 
Yea I think I meant down a tooth on the front sprocket lol. Thanks for catching that
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
If you think the gears are too tall, many on the forum who like a more spirited ride go up a tooth on the counter sprocket. More acceration, higher cruising rpms, less top speed.

Be sure and check your tire pressures if you haven't already 36F 42 R
I may have used the wrong lingo there. I meant that it pulls for a much greater rpm range before needing to upshift.

I’m an in town rider and on my commute I can’t even go above 50 mph. Top end speed isn’t really my game so maybe the sprocket swap will be a good project at some point.

I just got my factory Service manual last night so I’m psyched about that.
 
Skypilot_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
If you think the gears are too tall, many on the forum who like a more spirited ride go up a tooth on the counter sprocket. More acceration, higher cruising rpms, less top speed.

Be sure and check your tire pressures if you haven't already 36F 42 R
I may have used the wrong lingo there. I meant that it pulls for a much greater rpm range before needing to upshift.

I’m an in town rider and on my commute I can’t even go above 50 mph. Top end speed isn’t really my game so maybe the sprocket swap will be a good project at some point.

I just got my factory Service manual last night so I’m psyched about that.
I may have used the wrong lingo there. I meant that it pulls for a much greater rpm range before needing to upshift.

I’m an in town rider and on my commute I can’t even go above 50 mph. Top end speed isn’t really my game so maybe the sprocket swap will be a good project at some point.

I just got my factory Service manual last night so I’m psyched about that.
Nice avatar Skypilot.

Before Cormanus becomes aware, it has been noted that the avatar lever is missing a RLET.

 
Or invoke the spirit of Ridem32 who got so excited by RLETs that he cornered the market. Briefly.
 
A padawan you are with no RLETs. Understand the power of the RLET a knight must.
 
Hey, Skypilot! Welcome to the forum!
I wanted the cruising rpm's lower on my 2013, so I went up a tooth on the front and down two on the rear.
I ended up cruising at 3000rpm at 60 mph, and mileage went up about 10mpg.
It was great for the highway, but a bit tall for starting from a stop and not as peppy feeling. Also eliminated the jerkiness at part throttle, parking lot type riding.
Ended up going back to stock on the rear which feels like the Goldilocks solution for me.
Enjoy the ride!

Ben
 
.... back from the commercial ... :)

Words "RLETs" and "joke" hath brought storm clouds over the royal estate. Turmoil seen not like this in many moons. No wizard is bound within the castle walls, so a sacrifice has to be made.

Thou have naught RLETs knows what must be done.












(oh my, I am really writing this?)
 
Being Lord of the castle, I believe I’ll visit the wine cellar with Cellar Master Cormanus until this blows over...

I want no barbarians at the gate either! :)
 
Right, boss, I'll have a skin of wine or two ready. Lady P fancies a crisp sparkling Pinot-Chardonnay blend.

Sir Ferret, a gazillion apologies. I meant no offence. The RLET is indeed not a joking matter. So overcome with remorse I am that I tried to use my moderator powers to delete that one ill-chosen word from my foolish post, but it will not be deleted. My folly will be there for all to see for all eternity. :( :(
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Right, boss, I'll have a skin of wine or two ready. Lady P fancies a crisp sparkling Pinot-Chardonnay blend.

Sir Ferret, a gazillion apologies. I meant no offence. The RLET is indeed not a joking matter. So overcome with remorse I am that I tried to use my moderator powers to delete that one ill-chosen word from my foolish post, but it will not be deleted. My folly will be there for all to see for all eternity. :( :(
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: too funny!
 
... and as fast as Sauron's clouds gathered, they dispersed. Birds started singing and Bambi came out of the woods.

Two lads with a bladder of wine and a puppet lady emerged from the castle dancing, rejoicing!
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
... and as fast as Sauron's clouds gathered, they dispersed. Birds started singing and Bambi came out of the woods.

Two lads with a bladder of wine and a puppet lady emerged from the castle dancing, rejoicing!
Mate. You were going well until this bit. Bambi? Motorcyclists? It’s a multiple no-no. Premature death is the only available option. For Bambi. That’s not a happy ending.
 
Back
Top