Crash bars question from Biker Dave

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
bikerdave
New To The Forum
Posts: 3
Joined: Feb 2015


I was wondering about what JMC1100 said about a set of crash bars. SW-Motech? What? Where? Any info would be greatly appreciated. I would love to put a set of crash bars on this bike.
 
Very nice, would have gone with them if I knew about them at the time but am glad I powder coated the Honda bars as I think they should blend into the frame.
 
Gumby, Thanks so much for the quick answer and the information. They do look much better than the guards that Honda sells as accessories and cheaper too.
Now, to me I would call those case guards. When I talk about Crash Bars, I am talking about the old full loop ones that come out from the frame some 4 - 5 inches.
I used to put them on the Honda 4's from back in the 70's and 80's. Has anyone seen any of those that will fit the 1100?
 
bikerdave_imp said:
Gumby, Thanks so much for the quick answer and the information. They do look much better than the guards that Honda sells as accessories and cheaper too.
Now, to me I would call those case guards. When I talk about Crash Bars, I am talking about the old full loop ones that come out from the frame some 4 - 5 inches.
I used to put them on the Honda 4's from back in the 70's and 80's. Has anyone seen any of those that will fit the 1100?
Below are some of the biggest I have seen for the CB1100 and are about $235 U.S.D.:

http://www.samurider.com/?p=2713/#itemImage

I thought that I saw some larger ones on another Japanese web site, but I cannot remember where.
 
Yeah those. Hey, they aren't me, but if they are what he wants, more power to him :)

You're right about the price. Seems like everything (but RLETS) for this bike is expensive.
 
Dang fine looking white CB sir. :worship: I went with the SW Motech's myself. Go very well with the black engine.
 
Thanks folks for the info and links. Yes, the big bumpers are the closest to the "old" crash bars that I was used to back in the 70's and 80's though I only used the ones that had the loop on the front at the engine and not the rear. I did buy a used and bracket raced an old '78 CB750 Single cam K frame Honda for a summer.
I really like the three tube "case" guards that I see on these links. Thanks for the info. I really appreciate it.
 
bikerdave_imp said:
Thanks folks for the info and links. Yes, the big bumpers are the closest to the "old" crash bars that I was used to back in the 70's and 80's though I only used the ones that had the loop on the front at the engine and not the rear. I did buy a used and bracket raced an old '78 CB750 Single cam K frame Honda for a summer.
I really like the three tube "case" guards that I see on these links. Thanks for the info. I really appreciate it.
I know what you're talking about. I had those type of crash bars on all of my 70s and 80s bikes. They just don't make 'em anymore. When I got my CB750 in the mid 90s, that was the first thing I looked for and couldn't find one. The only bike they still made 'em for was the KZ1000P police bike.

486858cc2683aee0bdcd00d9cd4ad1bb.jpg


I ended up settling for the Over Racing guards.

http://www.samurider.com/?p=2713/#itemImage

They're sturdy and big enough that I can clamp on a set of highway pegs if I get the urge.
 
There was a post on this forum from someone who put some crash bars on and either had a close call or did wreck because going around a corner the bars hit ground.......not sure who it was or which add-on bars, but something to watch for.
 
Rboe_imp said:
Dang fine looking white CB sir. :worship: I went with the SW Motech's myself. Go very well with the black engine.
Thank you sir!! But please, get up!!
geosar_imp said:
CB, it appears that some highway pegs would clamp onto your crash bars pretty easily. What do you think?

George
I think you might be right Geosar. Here I go....more money!!
CB4ME_imp said:
TINK_imp said:
I bought the Honda OEM bars, 08P70-MGC-N20 ...





TINK
Tink:

I had to wear sunglasses to view those pictures. Absolutely gorgeous. :thumbsup:
Tink:

I had to wear sunglasses to view those pictures. Absolutely gorgeous. :thumbsup:
They do look good!!
 
Back
Top